By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Details on Nintendo's QOL! Powered by the cloud??? To release in 2016, it will help people sleep! First of many products to come!

So, let me understand: It will help me sleep, right?
So now i can pay 200 dollars or more for a device that help me to do something that i have done by myself without help every night for 33 years?
I need this!

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network

This thing sounds bizarre. It watches you sleep, gives you a score based on how good you are at sleeping, and then gives you tips for how you can improve your sleeping score.

Nintendo has gamified sleeping.

If this thing becomes super successful, will Nintendo shift resources from gaming into it, or will they use the extra cash generated to bolster the gaming division? Only time will tell.

cycycychris said:

Teaming up with ResMed, the device will monitor your sleeping habits and send that data to a cloud.

And here's a video:

the_dengle said:

This thing sounds bizarre. It watches you sleep, gives you a score based on how good you are at sleeping, and then gives you tips for how you can improve your sleeping score.

Nintendo has gamified sleeping.

I would feel realy bad if I woke up and the thing gave me a lousy score:

5.4: YOU ARE A BAD SLEEPER.

Gee, what a bummer. To know that I don´t even sleep right, talk about being a loser...

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network
cycycychris said:
WagnerPaiva said:

So, let me understand: It will help me sleep, right?
So now i can pay 200 dollars or more for a device that help me to do something that i have done by myself without help every night for 33 years?
I need this!

Yeah, right now it does sort of sound worthless. From my understanding, after you pay that $200 for the device. If you want even more services, you have to pay them more, so the device can monitor your sleep even more.

Just keep the comfort that they'll be watching over you, even when you don't know. Next version will probably have wheels and follow you around where you go. To get full data on what you do every day:)

That would be neat, since I do not have any friends. Could Nintendo make it talk nice things to me during the day as well?

YOU ARE WORTHY IT!

KEEP GOING, YOU CAN DO IT!

I would pay extra for that. =D

t3mporary_126 said:

And here's a video:

This was uploaded a week ago. If this product already exists, what exactly is Nintendo's role in this partnership?

Also everyone saying it costs $200, it actually costs $150.

the_dengle said:
t3mporary_126 said:

And here's a video:

This was uploaded a week ago. If this product already exists, what exactly is Nintendo's role in this partnership?

Also everyone saying it costs $200, it actually costs $150.

Day one for me then! =D

Hey, I already own a balance board, 2 wiimotes plus, Your shape 2013 and WiiFitU, try to stop me buying the Nintendo Sleeping Buddy.

padib said:
t3mporary_126 said:
cycycychris said:

Teaming up with ResMed, the device will monitor your sleeping habits and send that data to a cloud.

And here's a video:

This looks like an excellent product. Nintendo is smart to tread those waters.

I'm personally subscribed to Lumosity. I'm not sure it works but it's at least a step forward and I'm using it to help train my friend who has some challenges.

@people hating. I'm pretty sure you are all bashing because it's a Nintendo initiative. Hasn't Nintendo demonstrated their worth enough? Must they always be under scrutiny?

I myself am just joking, I love Nintendo and use WiiFitU and YourShape every single day.

I will probably buy this new thing too. Just rellax man, you are amongst friends... Put it back in the holster and let´s just chill, ok?

cycycychris said:

So it's just an investment? Not that that's bad, just clarifying. I actually think it's pretty smart to invest in someone else's product, it's something Nintendo could stand to do more of. I thought they were going to make something of their own, which would have been much more risky.