By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - All female GHOSTBUSTERS reboot coming.

Tagged games:

All female GHOSTBUSTERS movie?

Yeah, sure, why not? 21 22.11%

No, please no! 64 67.37%

Who cares? 10 10.53%

Total:95

Hello, do I speak with Originality? Yes? Why did you leave Hollywood?

Around the Network
Turkish said:
Hello, do I speak with Originality? Yes? Why did you leave Hollywood?

Lol.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

I think it sucks, in all blunt honesty. As a lifelong fan of the Ghostbusters movies and Real Ghostbusters cartoon, I think it sucks dogshit, frankly. I think it's disrespectful to do a GB movie now, that Harold Ramis is dead. And what's worse, there are hints from Bill Murray that he might appear in it? To me, that is the height of bullshit, as it was him who held up "Ghostbusters 3" ever happening, because he's such a fucking pansy, and to me it would be a total slap in the face for him to finally consent to do a new movie, NOW that Ramis is gone.

I just think it sounds like a bad idea, and an insult to the originals. It's just a cheap, shitty cash-in, and of course, like almost every other cheap, shitty cash-in, whether it's a "remake", sequel, "reboot", whatever, people will probably go out in droves to see it, and it will be lauded for it's "girl power" bullshit angle that it's taking, with Melissa McCarthy in tow, I'm sure, because she is, after all, SO very funny.

I just don't like it. No sir.

This is the worst idea I've ever heard in my entire life.

If I had unlimited funds I would buy Sony just to make sure this film would never get made.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Fusioncode said:
This is the worst idea I've ever heard in my entire life.

If I had unlimited funds I would buy Sony just to make sure this film would never get made.

(Inserts snide joke about how it doesn't cost much to by Sony

gets banned)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
DevilRising said:
I think it sucks, in all blunt honesty. As a lifelong fan of the Ghostbusters movies and Real Ghostbusters cartoon, I think it sucks dogshit, frankly. I think it's disrespectful to do a GB movie now, that Harold Ramis is dead. And what's worse, there are hints from Bill Murray that he might appear in it? To me, that is the height of bullshit, as it was him who held up "Ghostbusters 3" ever happening, because he's such a fucking pansy, and to me it would be a total slap in the face for him to finally consent to do a new movie, NOW that Ramis is gone.

I just think it sounds like a bad idea, and an insult to the originals. It's just a cheap, shitty cash-in, and of course, like almost every other cheap, shitty cash-in, whether it's a "remake", sequel, "reboot", whatever, people will probably go out in droves to see it, and it will be lauded for it's "girl power" bullshit angle that it's taking, with Melissa McCarthy in tow, I'm sure, because she is, after all, SO very funny.

I just don't like it. No sir.

That cartoon was SO good. I remember that I loved when I was a kid!

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

anamme said:
Why is everyone bitching that this is about gender equality?

Women make up half the population, and 'gasp', they like watching movies that aren't douchefests filled with dudebros ogling a pair of tits. Is this logic so difficult to grasp? If you don't believe me, look at the box office grosses for recent movies like Frozen, Lucy, Malificent, Divergent, Hunger Games, Fault in our Stars, etc. These are some of the most profitable movies in the last 12 months.

Viewership amongst men in the 18-34 bracket is wayyyy down, so why not cater to an audience that still pays to go watch movies, namely a female one.

I think the problem some people have is that they could have made an original all female cast movie instead of taking a classic and turn it in a very obvious cash in reboot. I mean Bridesmaids did great at the box office and that was original why not go that route again... well cause brand value and recognition.

Rafux said:
anamme said:

Women make up half the population, and 'gasp', they like watching movies that aren't douchefests filled with dudebros ogling a pair of tits. Is this logic so difficult to grasp? If you don't believe me, look at the box office grosses for recent movies like Frozen, Lucy, Malificent, Divergent, Hunger Games, Fault in our Stars, etc. These are some of the most profitable movies in the last 12 months.

Viewership amongst men in the 18-34 bracket is wayyyy down, so why not cater to an audience that still pays to go watch movies, namely a female one.

I think the problem some people have is that they could have made an original all female cast movie instead of taking a classic and turn it in a very obvious cash in reboot. I mean Bridesmaids did great at the box office and that was original why not go that route again... well cause brand value and recognition.

What made Ghostbusters good was the chemistry on the team, so it's not a bad idea to pursue it gender-flipped, as long as you have an EXCELLENT writer on board who gets how to write funny women as much as Reitman got a good performance out of Ramis, Murray, and Aykroyd.

The true sign will be if the new characters aren't slotted into the same character archetypes.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I think it could work with the right cast. I enjoy Tina Fey and Amy Poehler's work and there are some other funny women in the industry, so I think it could be done right. Will it? Most likely not by reasons beyond the gender of the cast.

Rafux said:
anamme said:

There you go, make a movie called GIRL GHOST SQUAD or something, put that girl from Parks and Recreation, that gorgeous Nick and Norah woman and Emma Stone, there you go.

Here is your freaking poster: