By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 firmware 2.0 "Rest mode" problem?

Anyone else having this problem with the new PS4 firmware?  Apparently quite a few people, including me, are experiencing it.  Basically, if you try to put it into rest mode, formerly stand by mode, the light will just pulsate or flash orange as though it is trying to go into rest mode but is unable to.  I had to hold onto the power button for a hard reset.  On boot up the system says I shutdown improperly last time and it has to do some initialization test or something.  Anyway, I was wondering if anyone experienced this and if there was a fix? For now, my system is going to be completely turned off.  Use to having it on stand by for remote play and charging convenience bit I don't want to take a chance!

Around the Network

I thought the same happened to me, i put it in rest mode then some moments later it shut it self off i didnt notice it till the next day and after i read about the problems online

but luckily i was able to turn it back on normally with the controller, i wont put it in rest mode again till new patch

I havent had this issue, mine did freeze however when i tried to load up DC while having a backroung app running. Dont think it was related to the update tho just a normal crqash that happens every once in a while.

After the update, you should do a complete shutdown. Some even go as far as unplugging the PS4. Then put it back on and everything wil be fine. Including rest mode.

Yh its an annoyance, But these updates always seems to have one bug or the other lying around somewhere.

hasn't happen to me

Around the Network

It happened to a friend of mine (I never put mine to sleep). He had to unplug it and restart for it to come back, but no major issues after that.

No problem here...

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Sony always has firmware issues, thus I usually wait a while to DL it myself

PSN & XBOX GT : cutzman25

Happened to me. Put it in sleep mode and didn't notice it was flashing till the next day, ps4 was frozen, had to hard reset. So I just keep it off now instead

Fine here... used the Rest Mode (it didn't changed the name in my locations btw) a lot of times between yesterday and today.