By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One Call of Duty Bundle Top Selling Console SKU on Amazon.com

todd2r said:

That's what I'm thinking. To be honest, its not surprising. The Xbox One has the games and the best online service going today. It might be more close to 3:1 actually when you think about all the great exclusives as well. Its unbelievable. Thank you Microsoft. We are humbled. 

As I've said earlier, Amazon doesn't really predict by how much one console outsells another. The other problem with your reasoning is that the COD and Assassin's Creed Unity bundles got into the Top 20 just last night. However, the Destiny PS4 bundle immediately got into the Top 20 ever since it got announced months before its release date. Huge difference.

Also, the PS4 and Destiny bundle were ahead of the X1 SKU by 20-30 places in the Amazon hourly rankings all last month. The PS4 had a much more dominant performance last month for a really long period of time. It remains to be seen how well the preorders and sales are maintained. WIth both PS4 SKUs way ahead of the X1 in September, you'd think that it outsold the X1 by 3 to 1. However, NPD showed that it "only" outsold the X1 by 1.89 to 1. This proves that you can't just look at Amazon if you want to predict the sales ratio. In the scenario we're looking at now, both X1 bundles are only 2-3 spaces ahead of the PS4 SKU. Destiny bundle is at the low 30s.

We also have to put into account that not all retailers have the same trend. Gamestop, for instance, is a good example of this (http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=2b100,28-xu0 ). The PS4 SKU is actually ahead of the COD X1 bundle by a good number of spots. The COD bundle is only a few spots ahead of the Destiny bundle while the X1 SKU is way behind.

Around the Network
Aura7541 said:
todd2r said:

That's what I'm thinking. To be honest, its not surprising. The Xbox One has the games and the best online service going today. It might be more close to 3:1 actually when you think about all the great exclusives as well. Its unbelievable. Thank you Microsoft. We are humbled. 

As I've said earlier, Amazon doesn't really predict by how much one console outsells another. The other problem with your reasoning is that the COD and Assassin's Creed Unity bundles got into the Top 20 just last night. However, the Destiny PS4 bundle immediately got into the Top 20 ever since it got announced months before its release date. Huge difference.

Also, the PS4 and Destiny bundle were ahead of the X1 SKU by 20-30 places in the Amazon hourly rankings all last month. The PS4 had a much more dominant performance last month for a really long period of time. It remains to be seen how well the preorders and sales are maintained. WIth both PS4 SKUs way ahead of the X1 in September, you'd think that it outsold the X1 by 3 to 1. However, NPD showed that it "only" outsold the X1 by 1.89 to 1. This proves that you can't just look at Amazon if you want to predict the sales ratio. In the scenario we're looking at now, both X1 bundles are only 2-3 spaces ahead of the PS4 SKU. Destiny bundle is at the low 30s.

We also have to put into account that not all retailers have the same trend. Gamestop, for instance, is a good example of this (http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=2b100,28-xu0 ). The PS4 SKU is actually ahead of the COD X1 bundle by a good number of spots. The COD bundle is only a few spots ahead of the Destiny bundle while the X1 SKU is way behind.

I don't know why you took the time to write that LONG post and reply to him. I have no idea why anyone would reply to something like that. XB1 out selling the PS4 2:1 comment was bad enough but for someone to come agree and say maybe even 3:1 it is obvious it was a joke. No need to reply to those kind of things and considering his post history why would you even bother?

OT:

Why does Sony need to respond to this? I don't get why people keep saying this....Anyway I am glad the sales of the XB1 seem to be picking up! It is a great console with some great games!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Update

COD Bundle #9
PS4 #12
ACU Bundle #13
Destiny Bundle #32
X1 #46
ACU + Kinect #50

Can I ask why anyone in their right mind would buy the X1 on it's own at the moment. Even if you didn't want AC:U, you could always sell the codes!

TheBlackNaruto said:
Aura7541 said:

I don't know why you took the time to write that LONG post and reply to him. I have no idea why anyone would reply to something like that. XB1 out selling the PS4 2:1 comment was bad enough but for someone to come agree and say maybe even 3:1 it is obvious it was a joke. No need to reply to those kind of things and considering his post history why would you even bother?

OT:

Why does Sony need to respond to this? I don't get why people keep saying this....Anyway I am glad the sales of the XB1 seem to be picking up! It is a great console with some great games!

You'd be surprised at what some people believe...

Aura7541 said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

OT:

You'd be surprised at what some people believe...

Oh no I KNOW he beleived what he said. THat's why I said it was a joke lol. There is no getting through to people like that so it is best to just leave them be imo.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network

Sony should introduce a GTAV bundle for 399 in the US to combat the price cut

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Ninsect said:

according to many sony doesn't need to do anything

Praise the One.

Oh.

But analysts are predicting COD will continue to decline and decline like it has the past 2 years.

SweetTalia said:
Ninsect said:

Well if they want to outsell XB1 comfortably in the US this holiday they do. Worldwide is no competition, so maybe those people are talking about that.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

SweetTalia said:
Ninsect said:

They don't...MS is doing everything just to win a single month, Sony will still be way ahead...think about that.