By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - God of War Vs Devil May Cry.

Tagged games:

Which was better?

God of War. 275 69.97%

Devil May Cry. 118 30.03%

Total:393

I found the original Devil May Cry to be rough and unpolished, especially concerning the camera system and downright awful platforming. DMC 2 was an all around mediocre title and the third, while vastly superior, still doesn't hold a candle to even the recent God of War games. Personally, it's a really easy choice as God of Was is in a different league than Devil May Cry.

Around the Network

Better setting: God Of War has a much better setting due to its atmosphere and level design, and the levels themselves are much more interesting.

Better characters: Devil May Cry has a better protagonist. God Of War however has better supporting cast and antagonists.

Better first game: God Of War is far better than Devil May Cry. It has the best narrative in any game made yet, and the gameplay is still as good as ever.

Which evolved more: Devil May Cry evolved more, but not always for the good. God Of War also evolved but significantly less but it has more consistency in its quality and has a higher quality in general.

Better games: God Of War is the best in its genre, Devil May Cry doesn't match it in any way. Devil May Cry is a good series, but not as good as God Of War.

DMC for all the settings. Kratos as a character ws okay for the first two games and after that , he and his story got repetitive and annoying as he fell fro it so many times. For m a game like GOW and DMC, the original ninja gaiden is number one followed by bayonetta.

God of War wins every category by a significant margin. It really is a league above everything else in the genre.

The correct choice here is Devil May Cry.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network
Anfebious said:
The correct choice here is Devil May Cry.

There is no correct choice here. People have different opinions, and I believe most would prefer God Of War.

I enjoy the greek mythology far more than whatever DMC's setting is (I only played the reboot)

Kratos' fighting still is much more visceral and personal, which to me, makes it more satisfying.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

I prefer DMC overall to GoW. I prefer the gameplay of DMC and Dante as a character. I always found Kratos thoroughly unlikeable in every aspect. Bayonetta is miles above either one of them, however.

XanderXT said:

In my opinion though, I hated God of War for butchering Greek Mythology.

Why hate it? I'm Greek and I find it very amusing.

God of War is at the very top of the Hack & Slash genre. It is so refined and sofisticated compared to the rest, it's almost not fair comparing it.

That being said, Devil May Cry is so quirky, fun and stylish that it's really hard to ignore any of the iterations the franchise puts out. lol well except for the second, which could be a contender for one of the worst games i've ever played!