By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MGS4 delayed til March 08?

luckydemon said:

So i guess GTA IV wont move any units? especially since R* said something about the 360 version being delayed...

Link, please. I've read everything I can find about GTA IV and saw absolutely nothing about either version being delayed.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
luckydemon said:

So i guess GTA IV wont move any units? especially since R* said something about the 360 version being delayed...

Link, please. I've read everything I can find about GTA IV and saw absolutely nothing about either version being delayed.

It's not true

add me

Bye PS3.

it seems like every playstations life depends on how it builds up steam.. and i dont see this being any different... sony seems foolish in their planning and strategy but i dont know maybe this is all going according to plan.... sony is the bad guy but they are already starting to build up steam.. i dont see as much hate for the console as i did a year ago or a month ago..

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

URNotE said:
it seems like every playstations life depends on how it builds up steam.. and i dont see this being any different... sony seems foolish in their planning and strategy but i dont know maybe this is all going according to plan.... sony is the bad guy but they are already starting to build up steam.. i dont see as much hate for the console as i did a year ago or a month ago..

As Sony slowly becomes the underdog they start to lose the hate, who can hate an underdog? The proof of steam though needs to be in sales, and the numbers only suggest one thing, that the ps3 is selling worse and worse with every passing month. Now that has alot to do with with the lack of releases, so only time will tell if they can change that, but with the delay of exisiting franchises my bet is that Sony is gambling too much with new IPs. 

Around the Network

its not officially delayed but i wouldnt be surprised. my ps3 been collecting dust. the lst ime i played it was in early march for Virtua Fighter 5. I play my 360 more because of the online and software. I plaed my Wii yesterday for Super Paper Mario( it rocks)

diegomoroco777 said:
Name Console Publisher Japan America Others Total Metal Gear Solid 2 Konami 0.85 2.29 2.42 5.56 Metal Gear Solid Konami 0.70 2.81 2.00 5.51 Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater Konami 0.86 1.42 1.68 3.96 Let´s see There was a difference of 1.5 millions between MGS 2 and 3 Let´s see the difference between PS3 and PS2 in numbers. When MGS4 hits, PS3 is likely to have about 7 million console sold. When MGS3 hit, PS2 probably had like 80-100 million consoles sold. Do the math :)

Exactly, and at that rate it's sub 1mil. 

Not to mention the MGS fanbase may be shrinking as the series becomes more self referencial and hard to follow since I bet MGS2's hard to follow story, and addition of raiden, explains why the series saw such a sales drop in 2 to 3. Who knows how much this will affect MGS4.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

URNotE said:
there's not as much hate because no one cares about the PS3 any more. It's a non-item. There is no real interest in it any more. It's simply too expensive and not worth the inital investment for most people they don't even think about it enough to hate it.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

omgwtfbbq said:
URNotE said:
there's not as much hate because no one cares about the PS3 any more. It's a non-item. There is no real interest in it any more. It's simply too expensive and not worth the inital investment for most people they don't even think about it enough to hate it.

It simply has nothing compelling for it at the moment.

When the PS2 came out - it really was a "new" generatio, and had some great/new games/demos (SSX). And it played DVD's (an established format, but lacking players)

When the GC came out, it had latest Nintendo titles (Luigi mansion, etc..) and marked the first new Nintendo console since the N64. First online (barely), disc media, much better gfx, etc.

When the Xbox came out, it introduced a SOLID online system, pixel shaders, hard disk, and had a smash hit to back it up (Halo)

When the 360 came out, it was the first next-gen console. Much nicer gfx, high-definition, lots of online content/functionality.

When the Wii came out, it introduced motion sensing controls, pointer functionality, and opened up a mass/casual market for gamers with WiiSports.

When the PS3 came out.... it introduced an incomplete, expensive system, no innovative titles, a controller that was (70% DualShock/30% Wiimote/0% rumble) AND.................. BluRay.

I'll say it again - the only thing that will save the PS3 is compelling, awesome games. I am *sure* some of them are coming, but can they come before Nintendo/MS bring out their equally excellent/compelling titles?

The challenge is still on Sony to prove that the PS3 is a better machine than the 360. So far they have failed completely.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

sony doing bad marketing for the ps3 here espeically that scary baby ad. SCARY. Seriously i wouldnt have buy one after seeing that commercial. also sony doing a bad job of telling why people should pay $200 more over the 360. My friends love madden and they thought madden 07 for ps3 will look significally better on ps3 because of the $200 extra. their average gamers so they really dont care about blu ray. After seeing me play 07 on my ps3 their were extremly dissapointing because of they looking exactly the same making them buy 360( so far no red ring of death) over the ps3.