By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MGS4 delayed til March 08?

The PS3 seems to be in a "Trap" that it will not be easy to get out of

Around the Network

you guys are going by a ebgames they still have nba live 07 listed for the ps3.

Not surprised at all if its true - was expecting Xmas 08 actually. But this does leave the PS3 in a bit of a hole (in Japan) - unless its a Xmas 07 release for Japan, March 08 for the US. Not doing a 360 version is also just plain STUPID in my books. Easy sales... or don't Konami care about sales anymore?

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

If this is true I don't see the PS3 being able to pass 6 million units by the end of the calendar year

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

shams said:
Not surprised at all if its true - was expecting Xmas 08 actually. But this does leave the PS3 in a bit of a hole (in Japan) - unless its a Xmas 07 release for Japan, March 08 for the US. Not doing a 360 version is also just plain STUPID in my books. Easy sales... or don't Konami care about sales anymore?

LOL

maybe you missed the xbox MGS ports were sales failures, add that to the fact Kojima has to much pride to water down his game just to release a medioce port.

Around the Network
Blue3 said:
shams said:

LOL

maybe you missed the xbox MGS ports were sales failures, add that to the fact Kojima has to much pride to water down his game just to release a medioce port.

Can the PS2 versions really be called huge successes though?

XBOX LIVE Gamertag: QuantumTarntno

Crackdown - Enchanted Arms - Oblivion - Samurai Warriors 2 - GRAW - GRAW2 -Lost Planet - Guitar Hero 2 - Star Trek Legacy - Double Agent - WWE 2007

Wii 4237-4425-6442-7626

Mario Party 8 - Rayman Raving Rabbids - Excite Truck - Zelda: Twilight Princess - Godfather - Wii Play

They better have delayed it... Sony probably told them that they are coming out with rumble capapable controllers. ... so they had to push the game back

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

rocketpig said:
Go ahead and start playing Taps for the PS3. Give it a 21 gun salute. It's over. The 360 and Wii are going to annihilate it this year and by next year, it will be largely irrelevent. MGS was the PS3s only hope this year. There isn't a single other game coming out for it that will move units in significant numbers.

We got ourselves another prophet.... the PS3 is doomed I tell you doomed lol

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Bonafide732 said:
They better have delayed it... Sony probably told them that they are coming out with rumble capapable controllers. ... so they had to push the game back

That, and a major overhaul of the PS3's internal design to cut costs, thus allowing a price cut much sooner, would be a damn good thing for the system.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Did anyone actualy expect this game to come out this year anyway?

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away"