By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Sunset Overdrive Metacritic/review thread - Current meta: 82

Tagged games:

What do think about Sunset Overdrive's Meta score?

Too High 92 29.97%

Too Low 42 13.68%

hmmmm about right 137 44.63%

See Results 36 11.73%

Total:307
Qwark said:
AAA games +80 metascores xbox one = 3 vs playstation 4 1 (the last of us remastered is a remake so it doesn't count)
AAA games -75 metascores xbone one 1 vs playstation 4 = 3
Xbox exclusives are better than playstation exclusive games confirmed, so everyone buy an Xbox our fate in Sony has been compromised? (Before people start whining the conclusion is troll, though the metafacts are true)

The PS4 has 4 80+ exclusives, not 1. 3 if you don't include TLOU:R, though  that seems silly since it's little different to a standard cross gen title. If we limit the search to "true" exclusives (not on their predecessor etc), both now have 1.

OT: Solid scores for SO so far. Not sure where this "new IP get scored worse" mentality is coming from though :p

Around the Network
HyrulianScrolls said:
Qwark said:
AAA games +80 metascores xbox one = 3 vs playstation 4 1 (the last of us remastered is a remake so it doesn't count)
Xbox exclusives are better than playstation exclusive games confirmed, so everyone buy an Xbox our fate in Sony has been compromised? (Before people start whining the conclusion is troll, though the metafacts are true)

I'm truly hoping once this Holiday season goes by with still zero exclusive reasons to own a PS4 people are going to finally wake up and stop buying them off of the hype alone. But then again, people love to be sheep so that probably won't happen.

Yeah because buying one for future games like Uncharted or Bloodborne is totally unreasonable.

Would also like to point out Infamous, Killzone, TLoU, LBP3, DC. Just as many reasons to buy a PS4 as an XBO

Qwark said:
ktay95 said:
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SUNSET OVERHYPED!!! Not even a 90+ on meta

Remind me again which AAA game from Sony except the last of us which is a remake so technically doesn't count, scores above 80, oh yeah none (BURN to Sonyfans and myself actually but fuck it as my avatar is Quark I may say things which are completely not rational) so by that reason all Sony exclusives are overhyped. This game scores very well espically considering what kind of game it is, just like bayonetta which seems the only NEW (exclusive) AAA title which will score higher than 90+ which is a title with little hype. 

He's not being serious... :p

HyrulianScrolls said:
Qwark said:

I'm truly hoping once this Holiday season goes by with still zero exclusive reasons to own a PS4 people are going to finally wake up and stop buying them off of the hype alone. But then again, people love to be sheep so that probably won't happen.

Bloodborne will get above 85 though judging by the previews and perhaps the order may surprise but it seems that game is already doomed to score below 75 due to extreme bashing, while if you looked at the last trailer exploration is possible and is not as much on rails as people like to believe.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

HyrulianScrolls said:
Qwark said:

We're getting a bit off-topic, aren't we? You don't really need exclusives to sell a system, PS4 is just an attractive system. More power, smaller, Japan support, etc. If you don't care about Xbox Exclusives then there's no reason not to get a PS4 IMO

But yeah lets keep the talk about Sunset Overdrive everyone :)

Around the Network

Ok guys cut it out, make a separate thread or move on. This is about SO now!!!

ktay95 said:
HyrulianScrolls said:
Qwark said:

Yeah because buying one for future games like Uncharted or Bloodborne is totally unreasonable.

Would also like to point out Infamous, Killzone, TLoU, LBP3, DC. Just as many reasons to buy a PS4 as an XBO

Truth is microsoft got it's exclusive games this very moment better aligned than Sony, since MS will've quantum break and halo to counter those games. So if exclusives are all that matter the Xbone or the WII U  are better consoles. But if you also care about on which platform games run better, has more indies, and playstation plus (which is dissapointing for this year), then the playstation 4 is still the best choise. Later this gen Sony will also take the exclusive crown perhaps in 2015 already, but at this moment the (exclusive) cards are in favor off the Xone. 

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

ktay95 said:
HyrulianScrolls said:
Qwark said:

UC4 is still at least a year away. PS4's have been selling well for over a year. That makes absolutely zero sense to buy a system for games that far away. If that justifies the purchase than why were people complaining about Wii U's library when it first came out? We could then say well Zelda's on the way in 3 years! Makes no sense.

Also The Order is destined to be below a 70 meta. So PS4 owners can keep Bloodborne as their only worthwhile exclusive for a system that will be approaching the 18 month mark by then. That's utterly ridiculous to only have one good exclusive by that point. No high profile system before has been that bad off for exclusvies that far into release. The PS2 must be rolling over in its grave. By that point it already had a library that PS4 will be lucky to match 3 years from now.

Qwark said:
ktay95 said:
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SUNSET OVERHYPED!!! Not even a 90+ on meta

Remind me again which AAA game from Sony except the last of us which is a remake so technically doesn't count, scores above 80, oh yeah none (BURN to Sonyfans and myself actually but fuck it as my avatar is Quark I may say things which are completely not rational) so by that reason all Sony exclusives are overhyped. This game scores very well espically considering what kind of game it is, just like bayonetta which seems the only NEW (exclusive) AAA title which will score higher than 90+ which is a title with little hype. 

Hook line and sinker, nice catch, ktay.

it doesn't matter how many exclusives games a system has (IMO), they have to be good , if they are not what is the point of them?