By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Sunset Overdrive Metacritic/review thread - Current meta: 82

Tagged games:

What do think about Sunset Overdrive's Meta score?

Too High 92 29.97%

Too Low 42 13.68%

hmmmm about right 137 44.63%

See Results 36 11.73%

Total:307

it is at 83 with 22

Around the Network
HyrulianScrolls said:
Aw man, already in the 70's. I really thought this could be a solid 85 game or better. Ugh, this year just plain sucks for new IPs. What the hell is wrong with the devs?

Dude it is currently at 83, this is so much more than people expected. Hell even Destiny which people hyped about etc only got 76

A perfect score from Joystiq? I'm not too fond of perfect scores realy... but hey should I complain?

shikamaru317 said:
HyrulianScrolls said:
Aw man, already in the 70's. I really thought this could be a solid 85 game or better. Ugh, this year just plain sucks for new IPs. What the hell is wrong with the devs?

It's as much the critic's faults as it is the devs I think. Critics have been harsher this gen, many games have gotten lower scores than they deserved. 

Next gen hype, we were expecting groundbreaking things and all weve got is some pretty last gen games =P At least thats the only reasoning I can think of

83 is really good for a new IP,

Now who owns the Sunset Overdrive name? Microsoft or Insomniac?

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
HyrulianScrolls said:

It's as much the critics' faults as it is the devs I think. Critics have been harsher this gen, many games have gotten lower scores than they deserved. It's just those overhyped games like Destiny made this year seem worse than it actually has been. Alot of great games got overlooked.

But I've been agreeing with the critics this year for the most part. Most of the big new games simply have not been up to snuff. I've been gaming since I was 6 and I never remember a year where so many high profile games disappointed me.  Thank god for Nintendo, they're the only ones delivering right now.

SlayerRondo said:

Insomniac iirc, will google now

http://au.ign.com/articles/2014/05/09/how-sunset-overdrive-became-an-xbox-one-exclusive

"We pitched it a few different places, and it was really important to [Insomniac CEO] Ted [Price] that we own the IP, so some of the conversations broke down over that," Smith admitted. "With Microsoft, they just came in very energetic and excited to work with Insomniac, period. And we'd heard some really good things about them and some resources that they would be allowing us to have."

Insomniac's obsession with owning its own IP started with its co-op shooter Fuse, and comes from a long legacy of making famous franchises -- like Spyro, Ratchet & Clank, and Resistance -- that it doesn’t own. "Most publisher conversations begin and end with IP ownership," Murray said candidly, "and I think [Microsoft] has been talking to Ted for a while, and at some point it was like, 'you can retain the IP,' and suddenly, it was a conversation point."

83 from 30 . excellent

SlayerRondo said:

i think Insomniac does cause the reason why they went multiplatform with Fuse was cause they wanted to keep the rights to their IP'S for now on and i read somewhere that its the same with Sunset that they own the IP to it.

Congrats insomniac!