By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: Xbox One Will Outsell Wii U by 500k+ in October as well!

chapset said:

Cod will probably provide a bigger boost than smash lol, ass creed and GTA will also boost a lot the X1, the rest will just keep it selling strong

Does COD push systems?

Also, didn't COD lose half of its projected sales last year due to market saturation? Seems consumers are starting to get bored of COD.

Around the Network
QuintonMcLeod said:
bubblegamer said:
QuintonMcLeod said:

I'm really not too sure, and neither is Sony. Sony even said themselves they didn't know why the PS4 was selling so well. My guess would be that initial momentum Sony had a year ago. Some are predicting that momentum will end soon. As for me, I honestly just don't know.

lol one doesn't need to be a genious to see that multiplats sell consoles. Look at the sales for the PS4, X1 whenever a big multiplat has released.

Well, also look at the quality of those games that are selling. You'll notice that a lot of those big games are rated poorly, because they're over hyped and over marketed. I think what's really happening is that consumers are losing confidence. I say this because the console market is shrinking while the PC gaming market is growing. Eventually, games on these consoles may not sell as high anymore due to how so many people are being misled. When a product loses consumer confidence, it usually dies.

Even if that was true, which it isn't as you're just basing your opinion on that of others, this still has NOTHING to do with the topic, my commnet or anything else in here!

bubblegamer said:
QuintonMcLeod said:

I think you're basing this from what you've been seeing this generation. That's fine and all, but the video game industry spans back over 30 years, and according to 30+ years of historical data, exclusives sell systems. This is also the case with other mediums such as VHS vs Betamax and etc. The content was on VHS, so it sold better.

As for console gaming, there's a significant shift in console gaming sales. The console market is shrinking, while the PC gaming market is growing (and very rapidly). I don't believe that the PS4 sold because it was the console people wanted. I think people felt that perhaps there was no other console solution to go to other than the PS4. As the months went by, gamers started to realize that their games weren't running in the fidelity they were promised and began migrating over to the PC. 

That's why your information is so illogical! You're basing the sales in 2014 on what happened in the 80's! You need to update your logic.

LOL!

I'm using data from the 1970s all the way to the present. I did say 30+ years worth of historical information. Not information from 30 years ago. LOL! 

bubblegamer said:
QuintonMcLeod said:

I'm really not too sure, and neither is Sony. Sony even said themselves they didn't know why the PS4 was selling so well. My guess would be that initial momentum Sony had a year ago. Some are predicting that momentum will end soon. As for me, I honestly just don't know.

lol one doesn't need to be a genious to see that multiplats sell consoles. Look at the sales for the PS4, X1 whenever a big multiplat has released.

Hype, new graphics, promise of future exclusives both 1st and 3rd party. Just think that needs to be clarified; multiplats alone will not allow your system to sell if its percieved to just the same experience you already have at home. Partly why AC, Batman did nothing for the Wii U (marketing and brand image were also big players)

bubblegamer said:

Even if that was true, which it isn't as you're just basing your opinion on that of others, this still has NOTHING to do with the topic, my commnet or anything else in here!

Well, you said multiplats sell consoles. However, software sales for these consoles are down as compared to last year and the year before last. So, if multiplats are selling consoles, then why aren't most multiplats selling? So far, only the over hyped big AAA games are selling, and that's not a good sign.

Quote Tree Shortened and Bold Removed - Conegamer

Around the Network
QuintonMcLeod said:
chapset said:

Cod will probably provide a bigger boost than smash lol, ass creed and GTA will also boost a lot the X1, the rest will just keep it selling strong

Does COD push systems?

Also, didn't COD lose half of its projected sales last year due to market saturation? Seems consumers are starting to get bored of COD.

You got the data look it for yourself but i'll give you two hints: first one, yes and second one fifa 15 gave the X1 a 70k boost and 130k boost to the PS4 and cod is still way bigger than fifa sale wise

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

chapset said:
QuintonMcLeod said:
chapset said:

Does COD push systems?

You got the data look it for yourself but i'll give you two hints: first one, yes and second one fifa 15 gave the X1 a 70k boost and 130k boost to the PS4 and cod is still way bigger than fifa sale wise

As for COD, its hard to say since COD always goes on sale during the holidays, and consoles tend to sell more during the holidays regardless. Fifa is big in Europe, so I suppose 70k is good in that part of the world. But a 70k boost isn't anywhere near the additional 100 to 200k boost the Wii U received when getting exclusive titles such as Mario and Zelda. Heck, same with Titanfall and Second Son. Those exclusives seemed to push more systems. Plus, lets add in the fact that you've included 2 very large 3rd party titles. Even those large 3rd party titles pale in comparison to how well exclusive titles can push console sales.

However, I suppose that was never your original point. Your original point was that multiplats can push console sales, regardless of how small those console sales actually are. So, you're correct.

QuintonMcLeod said:
chapset said:
QuintonMcLeod said:
chapset said:

Does COD push systems?

As for COD, its hard to say since COD always goes on sale during the holidays, and consoles tend to sell more during the holidays regardless. Fifa is big in Europe, so I suppose 70k is good in that part of the world. But a 70k boost isn't anywhere near the additional 100 to 200k boost the Wii U received when getting exclusive titles such as Mario and Zelda. Heck, same with Titanfall and Second Son. Those exclusives seemed to push more systems. Plus, lets add in the fact that you've included 2 very large 3rd party titles. Even those large 3rd party titles pale in comparison to how well exclusive titles can push console sales.

However, I suppose that was never your original point. Your original point was that multiplats can push console sales, regardless of how small those console sales actually are. So, you're correct.

titanfall was 80k

infamous was about 90k

mario kart their biggest franchise was 115k

and zelda lol not much

so 70k for a yearly release like fifa is far from pale and don't forget cod will be more since cod is bigger in the US where the X1 is doing the best also a shooter so you know the first week numbers will be big so will be the sale bump for the X1. this third party games don't sell console myth needs to stop

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

I used to think that Wii U will keep it's lead until next year, but lately I'm not sure.

Wii U's baseline seems to be back where it was early 2014, and it's store presence is horrible right now. If they don't fix that in November then it's going to be a very underwhelming holiday for Wii U.

XB1 looks to be very strong in November with SO, COD, ACU bundles and Halo MCC, as well as other 3rd party. SO bundle preorders sold out on Amazon. Basic XB1 will be available at $349. ACU bundle has 2 games included at $399.

My 8th gen collection

You haven't had any prediction right so I don't expect this one to be right.