By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: Xbox One Will Outsell Wii U by 500k+ in October as well!

Ka-pi96 said:
QuintonMcLeod said:

Has Halo ever outsell a Smash Bros game - well, at least enough for a Microsoft console to "obliterate" a Nintendo console? 

Has a Nintendo console ever been easier to obliterate?

I honestly don't think that's the point here.

Around the Network

SSBU incoming. Guess XOne will never beat WiiU.

QuintonMcLeod said:

Well....

Halo has more hardcore fans than casual fans. However, Smash Bros has way more casual fans than hardcore fans. Because Smash Bros caters to both audiences while Halo really only caters to one, it's probably safe to say that Smash Bros will push more systems than Halo would.

I'm just going by historical data.

Well going by your logic, Halo is set to outsell Smash since casuals are staying away from the WiiU.

edit: nvm

wont be 500k+

will be 350k - 450k

bubblegamer said:
QuintonMcLeod said:

Well....

Halo has more hardcore fans than casual fans. However, Smash Bros has way more casual fans than hardcore fans. Because Smash Bros caters to both audiences while Halo really only caters to one, it's probably safe to say that Smash Bros will push more systems than Halo would.

Well going by your logic, Halo is set to outsell Smash since casuals are staying away from the WiiU.

Well, MK8 is around 3 million now, right? Do you believe all 3 million of those sales were pure hardcore gamers? I don't believe casuals are staying away from the Wii U. Sure, there's fewer casual gamers on the system, but it's probably safer to say that there's probably more casuals on the Wii U than there are on the Xbone.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
QuintonMcLeod said:
Ka-pi96 said:
QuintonMcLeod said:

Has Halo ever outsell a Smash Bros game - well, at least enough for a Microsoft console to "obliterate" a Nintendo console? 

Has a Nintendo console ever been easier to obliterate?

I honestly don't think that's the point here.

It is though. Could the Xbox One obliterate the Wii at it's peak in sales for a month? Not a chance. The Wii U however is an entirely different proposition, the PS4 has and will continue to obliterate the Wii U consistently, so there's no reason the Xbox One can't do the same.

Well, to be fair. The Xbone is selling a lot worse than how the X360 was selling in the same time frame. I don't think it's fair to say that only the Wii U is selling poorly when both consoles are in the same boat.

QuintonMcLeod said:
bubblegamer said:
QuintonMcLeod said:
kowenicki said:
250k ish in october

much more in Novemeber

and more again in December

By Jan 1st, the lifetime lead is substantial.

But isn't Smash Bros coming out in November. Are people assuming zero Wii Us will be sold during that time?

These numbers are with Smash in mind. Maybe you're overestimating it?

Well....

The X1 is already selling more right now by a lot so it doesn't need much to keep crushing the wii U also don't forget about little series like cod, ass creed, minecraft, far cry, dragon age, GTA V

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

chapset said:

The thing is it's not only halo lol, it's halo, cod,minecraft, dragon age, far cry, ass creed, gta V vs smash and what?

I suppose that makes sense, but as sales have proven, multiplats aren't what sell a system. Exclusives are. COD, Minecraft, DragonAge, Far Cry, Assassin's Creed and GTA aren't exclusive. A person who owns a PC or a PS4 already have easy access to all of those games. What incentive would they have for getting an Xbone?

Quote Tree Shortened, Bold Removed and User Moderated - Conegamer

QuintonMcLeod said:
Ka-pi96 said:

It is though. Could the Xbox One obliterate the Wii at it's peak in sales for a month? Not a chance. The Wii U however is an entirely different proposition, the PS4 has and will continue to obliterate the Wii U consistently, so there's no reason the Xbox One can't do the same.

Well, to be fair. The Xbone is selling a lot worse than how the X360 was selling in the same time frame. I don't think it's fair to say that only the Wii U is selling poorly when both consoles are in the same boat.

That's wrong tho, XB1 is ahead of 360.

Ka-pi96 said:
QuintonMcLeod said:

Not true, the Xbox One is still tracking about a million ahead of where the 360 was in the same time frame. Wii U on the other hand looks set to be Nintendo's lowest selling console ever.

Oh, I'm sorry. You're right. I double checked the numbers.