By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Dinosaur soft tissue found everywhere!

Tagged games:

Dinosaur soft tissue found everywhere!

Run to the hills! 3 37.50%

Run for your life! 0 0%

Oh noes, my world is shattered! 0 0%

Dinos were the dragons from medieval tales. 3 37.50%

Dinos, dinos, dinos everywhere! 2 25.00%

Total:8
generic-user-1 said:

its not about beeing liberal or not, u are arguin against FACTs. we know that the earth is older than 6000 years, we know that because humans lived 6000 years ago. i have seen older man made things. and i have seen older trees... 

Nope. I have seen trees. And you belive the method of dating them is accurate. But it isn´t, cause decay is not uniform, cause the Earth magnetism changes in a erratic (to us) way. Most of billions and billions of years nonsense is just a desesperated way to explain stuff without God.

A simple way to know this: the Moon is getting away from Earth, a little bit every year. If the Earth was old, then the Moon would be closer in the past. How close? 

It would have touched the Earth surface like 500k ago...

Also, at a population growt rate of 2% a year we should have like trillions of humans in the Earth by now if science were correct.

Also, the ony reason you guys are so stiff in the way you face this is because you can not even think about how there could be a God. This horrify you.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network
WagnerPaiva said:
generic-user-1 said:

its not about beeing liberal or not, u are arguin against FACTs. we know that the earth is older than 6000 years, we know that because humans lived 6000 years ago. i have seen older man made things. and i have seen older trees... 

Nope. I have seen trees. And you belive the method of dating them is accurate. But it isn´t, cause decay is not uniform, cause the Earth magnetism changes in a erratic (to us) way. Most of billions and billions of years nonsense is just a desesperated way to explain stuff without God.

A simple way to know this: the Moon is getting away from Earth, a little bit every year. If the Earth was old, then the Moon would be closer in the past. How close? 

Also, at a population growt rate of 2% a year we should have like trillions of humans in the Earth by now if science were correct.

Also, the ony reason you guys are so stiff in the way you face this is because you can not even think about how there could be a God. This horrify you.

Has there been any experimental evidence to suggest that the earth's magnetic field (or any magnetic field for that matter) has an effect on the rate of nuclear decay?  Found a theoretical paper on it but I feel like if you have a conclusion already thought out then you can almost always make it work in your hear, I'd like to see this thing in practice.  

I'm also confused by the concept that you don't think nuclear decay is necessarily consistent but you assume things like the moon moving away from the Earth and population growth rates have to be.  I assume conventional scientific studies have been done on both of these phenomena, have you looked into them?

Please don't put your hypothesized emotional responses on me or other atheists.  Just because we don't think there's a god doesn't mean that the idea of one is terrifying, it just means I don't see a reason to think he exists.  

Torillian said:

Has there been any experimental evidence to suggest that the earth's magnetic field (or any magnetic field for that matter) has an effect on the rate of nuclear decay?  Found a theoretical paper on it but I feel like if you have a conclusion already thought out then you can almost always make it work in your hear, I'd like to see this thing in practice.  

I'm also confused by the concept that you don't think nuclear decay is necessarily consistent but you assume things like the moon moving away from the Earth and population growth rates have to be.  I assume conventional scientific studies have been done on both of these phenomena, have you looked into them?

Please don't put your hypothesized emotional responses on me or other atheists.  Just because we don't think there's a god doesn't mean that the idea of one is terrifying, it just means I don't see a reason to think he exists.  

First of all: I do not discuss with moderators. I am not looking for trouble. However I will answer this one post of yours, to the next ones I will say "Yes sir."

Now, decay is not uniform, it depends of the external conditions. Just ask that to the meat in your freezer.

My evidence is: the scientists that are brave enough to test any possibilities that defy old Earth and Evolution are being fired from their Universities ans Research Institutes, so, we are at a loss.

I showed you guys two diferent researches that found soft tissue inside fossiles, you guys laugh. The Universities did the same. How is that fair? Our truth is just not good enough to those that hate God, simple as that.

Science is not, and will be not scientifical till they also test the possibility that a God exists. Till then, it is just a creed that hates God and tries to create models of the universe that makes Him absent.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

WagnerPaiva said:
Torillian said:

First of all: I do not discuss with moderators. I am not looking for trouble. However I will answer this one post of yours, to the next ones I will say "Yes sir."

Now, decay is not uniform, it depends of the external conditions. Just ask that to the meat in your freezer.

My evidence is: the scientists that are brave enough to test any possibilities that defy old Earth and Evolution are being fired from their Universities ans Research Institutes, so, we are at a loss.

I showed you guys two diferent researches that found soft tissue inside fossiles, you guys laugh. The Universities did the same. How is that fair? Our truth is just not good enough to those that hate God, simple as that.

Science is not, and will be not scientifical till they also test the possibility that a God exists. Till then, it is just a creed that hates God and tries to create models of the universe that makes Him absent.

Well I guess this won't continue, but I feel like I need to put it out for anyone reading this that meat decaying and atomic nuclei decaying are unrelated processes even if they have the same name behind them.  

WagnerPaiva said:
Torillian said:

I don't think you understand the scientific method. You should really go out and read some proper books on these topics rather than just trying to find the odd and random pieces that support your world view.

Science doesn't touch the topic of god because it's not something that can be tested or proven. It seems to me that extremely religious people want to interfere with the scientific method because of some perceived threat to their belief.

Around the Network
generic-user-1 said:
this thread would be locked and the person in charge banned for trolling in every western country.
but not in the us of A...

We are a British hosted site, you know, despite the technically-american domain name.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

WagnerPaiva said:
generic-user-1 said:

The earth's magnetic field is very weak in the grand scheme of things. That's why it's so easy to break a compass, for instance.

Atomic bonds responsible for radiocarbon decay are among the strongest forces in the universe.

The earth's magnetic field would not affect them in the slightest.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

im not good at explaining things, so lets let Mr. Nye do it for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4OhXQTMOEc

a 6thousand year old earth theory also kind of puts down god, why do you insist he isnt powerful enough to have created a universe in such a way that he knew our galaxy/solar system/ planet would eventually me made far down the line, with us eventually evolving? why do you insist he isnt powerful enough to have kickstarted a long line process that has us eventually evolving into what we are?

It seems your "theory" is more about you guys feeling good about yourselves, wanting to be special and have it all about you. you want to be the children of god, made in his image, better than all else. you want to be put on a pedestal and loved forever no matter what happens, you want a safety blanket. you want an answer that doesnt make you feel like a spec of sand on a beach. You believe that the stars are just there for looking and that god didnt want to try on another planet and "spread his love there", wanting to try and make others like us, who we may venture and meet one day. In wanting all that, you deny his true power. you make it all about you.

Science doesnt try to make god absent, your confusing it with athiest' use in arguments. Thats not science thats other peoples interpretations of what the science means. Science is about trying to figure out how the world we live in works. Old school religious dogma has god responsible for a wide variety of things that naturally happen. you guys get all bent up out of shape as science discovers something, so much so, that you fail to see that larger picture on how god could have made it for that to happen.

No matter what, if you keep going back you need to eventually have a god there. even if you believe in the big bang, what made that tiny spec? what made that spec go boom? what made the thing happen that made the spec go boom?

I was raised catholic, and i still believe in god but I also believe in science and reason. but all of what i wrote is basically pointless, you know why? i know you wont listen to any evidence I or anyone else says, Because that is your belief. Just like how the majority of us have beliefs in science. An internet argument will never change someones beliefs and only entrench them more within their own argument. These threads are utterly pointless, unless your just looking for a place to try and spew your beliefs.

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

I am happy. I planted the seeds of truth, those who belong will see it soon or later.
God does not need me to defend Him. He is the Almighty, no heart beats without His permission.
The Gospel is that He loves us, He created us. He put His word above His own name. Which means that He never lies.
To those that want it, through Jesus He will give for free from the eternal life.
That is it. No science can change that. And, yes, sometimes science is a gigantic evil lie.

RolStoppable said:
Teeqoz said:
Is the earth also just 6000 years old, and was created in 6 days? And Eve was literally made from Adams rib?

God himself was created by human minds, for two reasons:
1. To explain the "unexplainable"
2. Because a lot of humans refuse to face the fact that when you're dead, that's it. Game Over.

You forgot the most important reason: Money.

God does not need your money Rol. How much a bible cost? 3 dollars?

You can even read it for free online. To pray once or twice a day, follow the comandments, honor God and Jesus and treat others with kindness and respect.

That is all that you need.

Aside that, God does not need a dime from you.