By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 10 out of 10, name the masterpieces in your opinion

Tagged games:

Zombies Ate My Neighbors - Sega Genesis

Sonic 3 - Sega Genesis

SSX3 - Playstation 2.

Uncharted 3 - Playstation 3

Around the Network

Dissidia Duodecim 012
Final Fantasy VI and X
Kingdom Hearts 2
Metal Gear Solid
Okami
Parasite Eve
Shadow Hearts 2
Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2
Xenosaga Episode 1

BraLoD said:
Kerotan said:
Crash Bandicoot 1-3
Spyro 1&3
Uncharted 2&3
The Last of US
LBP
God of War 3
COD4
GTA 5
GTA: Vice City

I used to love Vice City xD

i first played san andreas on the ps3 as a ps2 download so i didn't appreciate it like most people did at the time. that's why i have vice city but no san andreas 

Grandia 2
Wolfenstein Enemy Territory
Baldurs Gate 2
CoD4
Pokemon Red/Blue
Starcraft
Dota

Best games I've ever played.

BraLoD said:
EEJLND said:
2012: Journey
2013 and 2014: The Last of Us

Only pretty recent games huh?
Are you new on gaming? ^^

Ehm, well I'm playing since around 2006, so I began with the 7th console generation, but I can't really remember any other games that in my opinion deserve a 10 out of 10. Maybe also Uncharted 2 comes pretty close to it, but for me it's more like a 9.5/10. However, I have to admit I'm pretty picky about games, so I wouldn't even give games a 9 or 8 that often.

Around the Network

Super Meat Boy is my favorite game and one of my 10/10 masterpieces. Perfect physics, excellent level design, flawless difficulty curve, charming art direction and fantastic music make in untouchable as far as I am concerned.

Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution is my other 10/10 game. It has well balanced characters with excellent move sets as well as accessible yet extremely deep and varied fighting. The quest mode provides a great single player experience that is long, challenging and like Super Meat Boy features a great difficulty curve.

BraLoD said:
JohnMeyers said:
BraLoD said:

To me LoD was like a 1,000,000,000~ XD
And if you like Dark Souls that much, have you tried Demon's Souls already?

Well I love it a lot, it had a lot going for it. I think if there were more character customization I would have given it a 10.

Yeah of course. I played Demons Souls when it was still not popular. It was so incredible. And nothing in dark souls beat the Tower of Latria, Valley of Defiled and Storm world. Demons souls KILLED it with world design. But Dark souls had better mechanics, outstanding story, better magic and had the best level design I've ever seen. The way everything was connected was amazing. 

Sometimes I like demons souls more, but Dark souls is the better game hands down.

What do you mean by character costumization?

I wiuld appreciate any improvement but the game was just amazing the way it was, your 9.7 is already a very good score ^^

And I don't think Dark Souls is better, it's equally amazing but Demon's Souls is just a little better IMO, and I hope I love Bloodborne the same xD

Have you played FFX, FF7-8 or FF12?

in those, you could customize your character the way you wanted them to be. Like if you played a game with Ashe, Vaan and Balthier, it would not be same game as if someone else played with those characters. But with legend of dragoon, each character had only one way of progressing.

Basically there should have been something like a sphere grid, or materia etc.

Also I hated the world map. Games like FFX were also linear like Legend of Dragoon, but they also had a better story.

But I do love it though, it's probably the game I most want a sequel for right now :(

Yeah, dark Souls 2 sucked but it had a different producer. Bloodborne looks good.

Wright said:

Still, the sequel was far better than most of the games of its age too. And some modders managed to put back all the missing content and made it as a downloadable free expansion (took them like six years or something like that!).

The thing with Knights of the Old Republic is that even if you didn't like Star Wars, as movies or as the universe, the game still was so damn impressive it didn't matter. And yes, I'd say KOTOR is the best thing to come out of the Star Wars universe. (Though I haven't read the novels)

KotOR 2 was indeed one of the best games at the time. And I have, played it with that mod I mean. It's actually quite well done and obviously with a lot of love for the source material. I'd certainly recommend anyone to have it installed during their playthrough. It really ties up some loose ends and makes the game feel a bit more finished. However the ending does remain a bit hollow. I wish LucasArts just gave Obsidian half a year extra time instead of going for that christmas deadline.

I'm a big Star Wars fan in general, though I also never read any book, and like almost all the games and the movies, but I can definitely agree with that second part of your post .

Doom (PC, 1993) (Metacritic Score - 84, X360 2006 re-release)
Super Metroid (SNES, 1994) (Metacritic Score - They don't have one.)
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1, 1997) (Metacritic Score - 93)
Quake (PC, 1996) (Metacritic Score - 94)
Doom 2 (PC, 1995) (Metacritic Score - 83)
Duke Nukem 3D (PC, 1996) (Metacritic Score - 89)
Castlevania (NES, 1987) (Metacritic Score - 74, GBA 2004 re-release)
Chrono Trigger (SNES, 1995) (Metacritic Score - 92, DS 2008 re-release)
Mass Effect 2 (PC, 2010) (Metacritic Score - 94)
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (PS3, 2010) (Metacritic Score - 88)
Quake 3 (PC, 1999) (Metacritic Score - 94)
Super Mario Brothers 3 (NES, 1990) (94, GBA 2003 re-release)
Zelda: Link to the Past (SNES, 1991) (Metacritic Score - 95)
Soldier of Fortune 2: Double Helix (PC, 2002) (Metacritic Score - 80)
Aliens Vs Predator (Arcade machine side-scroller, 1994) (Metacritic Score - They don't have one)
Castlevania 3: Dracula's Curse (NES, 1990) (Metacritic Score - They don't have one)
Borderlands 2 (PS3, 2012) (Metacritic Score - 91)
Goldeneye 64 (N64, 1997) (Metacritic Score - 96)
Half Life 2 (PC, 2004) (Metacritic Score - 96)
Read Dead Redemption (PS3, 2010, including Undead Nightmare - my favorite part of RDR) (Metacritic Score - 95 and 87)
Battlefield 2 (PC, 2005) (Metacritic Score - 91)
Final Fantasy 7 (PS1, 1997) (Metacritic Score - 92)
Contra (NES, 1987) (Metacritic Score - 63, XBL 2006 re-release)
Super Mario 64 (N64, 1996) (Metacritic Score - 94)
The Last of Us (PS3, 2013) (Metacritic Score - 95)
Uncharted 2 (PS3, 2009) (Metacritic Score - 96)
NBA JAM (Arcade machine, 1993) (Metacritic Score - They don't have one, only the remakes)
Street Fighter 2 (Arcade machine, 1991) (Metacritic Score - 88, X360 2008 re-release)
Mario Kart 64 (N64, 1997) (Metacritic Score - 83)
Super Castlevania 4 (SNES, 1991) (Metacritic Score - They don't have one)
NBA Street (PS2, 2001) (Metacritic Score - 89)
Timeplitters 2 (XB, 2002) (Metacritic Score - 90)
Super Punchout (SNES, 1994) (Metacritic Score - They don't have one)
Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne (PC, 2003) (Metacritic Score - 86)
Descent 2 (PC, 1996) (Metacritic Score - 89)
Resident Evil 4 (Gamecube, 2005) (Metacritic Score - 96)
Killzone 2 (PS3, 2009) (Metacritic Score - 91)
Myth: The Fallen Lords (PC, 1997) (Metacritic Score - 91)
Grand Theft Auto 3 (PS2, 2001) (Metacritic Score - 97)
Kingpin: Life of Crime (PC, 1999) (Metacritic Score - They don't have one)
Streets of Rage 2 (Genesis, 1992) (Metacritic Score - 84, XBL 2012 re-release)

Grandia II (Played it recently, had over 40h Fun *-*) - PlayStation 2

Halo in General (My Most Favorite Multiplayer Game 2 Play with my Online Friends) - Xbox

Skies of Arcadia (My absolute Favorite as a Child, Played it over 800h..) - DreamCast

Eternal Sonata - Xbox360

Lost Odyssey - Xbox360

Ninja Gaiden: Black (Loved the First One Most, but played 2 & 3 over 300h, too) - Xbox

Motto tsuyoku sou tsuyoku naritai to negatta
Kanashimi wo koete ♫ ♫ ♪♫ ♥