By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 10 out of 10, name the masterpieces in your opinion

Tagged games:

I am going to be very strict compared to the last time I did this:
Final Fantasy X (PS2, 2001)
Super Smash Bros. Melee (GC, 2001)

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
marioboy2004 said:
I like how some people don't mention 1 nintendo game..but general consensus in video game democracy is that nintendo has the most 10/10 games as a publisher...I mean their all opinions and so is a vote for the President but who ever wins the numbers wins bottom line...no other publisher comes close to the general consensus for most video games at 10/10 or 9-10/10

As you can see, to me Sony is the one with the most 10/10.
But nothing wrong with other people having Nintendo dominating their favorite games xD

I'm not discrediting your opinion I'm just stating the fact that to most gamers, journalists, game developers, and even casuals they would identify Nintendo as the company with games that tend to be very highly rated (9-10/10).  Yes Sony has some highly rated games (uncharted, gran turismo, etc) But Nintendo has been creating critically successful games the longest and throughout the years to the current day...thus they, as a single publisher, have the  mostt games with the highest quality and ratings

Nintendo is like a movie publisher who wins an Oscar atleast once a year...and are in the run for best picture almost every year...they also are the company that have been winning the awards since the 1980s to the current day

marioboy2004 said:
BraLoD said:
marioboy2004 said:
I like how some people don't mention 1 nintendo game..but general consensus in video game democracy is that nintendo has the most 10/10 games as a publisher...I mean their all opinions and so is a vote for the President but who ever wins the numbers wins bottom line...no other publisher comes close to the general consensus for most video games at 10/10 or 9-10/10

As you can see, to me Sony is the one with the most 10/10.
But nothing wrong with other people having Nintendo dominating their favorite games xD

I'm not discrediting your opinion I'm just stating the fact that to most gamers, journalists, game developers, and even casuals they would identify Nintendo as the company with games that tend to be very highly rated (9-10/10).  Yes Sony has some highly rated games (uncharted, gran turismo, etc) But Nintendo has been creating critically successful games the longest and throughout the years to the current day...thus they, as a single publisher, have the  mostt games with the highest quality and ratings

Nintendo is like a movie publisher who wins an Oscar atleast once a year...and are in the run for best picture almost every year...they also are the company that have been winning the awards since the 1980s to the current day

a 10/10 game in 1989 isnt the same as a 10/10 game in 2013

Silent Hill 2 (PS2)

Final Fantasy VI (SNES)

Final Fantasy X (PS2, PS3)

Halo 2 (XBox)

Mass Effect (PC, PS3, Xbox 360)

Asura's Wrath (Xbox 360, PS3)

Diablo II (PC)

The Last Of Us (PS3, PS4)

Uncharted 2 (PS3)

Shadow Of The Colossus (PS2)

Halo Reach (Xbox 360, only played the campaign though)

I'm not claiming that these games are perfect, but they are my personal 10/10s.

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.

Final Fantasy VII
Ocarina of Time
Banjo Kazooie
Golden Eye
Tekken 3
Smash bros meele
Elderscolls Oblivion (Far from ''perfect'' but a 10 in terms of reward and engagement)
Sonic Adventure!!! 

Around the Network

Uncharted 2
Dark Souls
The Last of Us

and maybe Uncharted 3.

S.Peelman said:

Thanks .

Overlooked gem for sure. I think not nearly enough people played it. It's a good thing to hear that the people who actually did, often think it really is one of the best games of all time. The game is mindblowing. A Star Wars-story that's better and more 'Star Wars-like' than half the movies' Star Wars-stories. The mechanics are perfect, the characters are perfect, the locations and designs are perfect. It deserves it's place as my #2 favorite game of all time in my ranking and it'll most likely stay there until the end of days I reckon.

I think the sequel could have been of similar quality, if they had actually finished it. Still was a very good game though!

Still, the sequel was far better than most of the games of its age too. And some modders managed to put back all the missing content and made it as a downloadable free expansion (took them like six years or something like that!).

The thing with Knights of the Old Republic is that even if you didn't like Star Wars, as movies or as the universe, the game still was so damn impressive it didn't matter. And yes, I'd say KOTOR is the best thing to come out of the Star Wars universe. (Though I haven't read the novels)

Crash Bandicoot 1-3
Spyro 1&3
Uncharted 2&3
The Last of US
LBP
God of War 3
COD4
GTA 5
GTA: Vice City

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Halo: Combat Evolved

Crash Bandicoot: Huge Adventure

Kid Icarus: Uprising
Resident Evil: Revelations
The Last of Us

Lots of great games listed already, so I'll throw one out there that hasn't been. Stalker Shadows of Chernobyl, and Call of Pripyat.