By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crash Team Racing or Mario Kart 64?

i like them both but mario kart is a better game

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

Around the Network

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

CTR all the way greatest racing game I ever played.

kingofwale said:
NYANKS said:
kingofwale said:
I'm a PS3 owners, (although I need to stop saying that, because I think everybody knows that by now) and I would loooove to see Crash racing coming to PS3 in HD.

but I have to say, in its core, overlooking graphics, and if snaking is fixed, MK is a much better series in most every aspect.

And what aspects would those be? All I can think of is more well known characters. The level is design is arguable, imo, they are more colorful/creative than MK's levels. The weapons, just as cool. The music. I don't recall Mk's music, probably just the themes of the characters, in which case maybe a win. But CTR's music was fitting, and good. Graphic, you've conceded this to CTR already.

Characters = Mk, I guess.

Maps = CTR

Graphics = CTR

Music = I would concede and say MK, I guess.

Weapons = comparable, both very good imo.

Gameplay = make your case, but I can't really see what MK has on CTR..............

Fun Factor = CTR was more fun and vibrant than MK 64 imo.

Please be more detailed if you wouldn't mind. :)

Yeah, sorry I didn't go indepth with my explanation earlier.

Characters = MK has more likable characters, characters you actually want to play with

Maps = I'm going to have to say MK, it's much more enjoyable for someone who just starting out (I was really young at the time) and I find CTR maps too hard for newbies

Graphics =I personally think MK looks slightly better.

Music = MK

Weapons = banana peels makes more sense than Apple core. lol, I'm going to have to go with MK

Gameplay = I find MK more intuitive, but I do like boss battles on CTR

Fun Factor = I'm going to have to go with MK, I enjoyed MK a whole lot

Most of them are pretty debatable and differ from person to person though.

But I would looooove to see a crash game using R&C engine, Love that vibrant color and cartoony looks.

The graphics:

Mario Kart 64: http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=BeoTPDXyrVo&feature=related

Crash Team Racing: http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=n5W4TBMElE4&feature=related

So, Crash Team racing >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> All Mario Karts

Wow, this thread is old. And obviously its Mario Kart 64 FTW! The first N64 game i ever owned

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network

CTR by a mile.

Not the greatest video (Th360's video), but yes I think the graphics are the least arguable thing about this. CTR > MK. I haven't seen this thread in a long time! Probably my best thread to date........

Mario Kart 64 is my favorite game in the racing genre. Crash Team Racing is good but not AS good.

Pixel Art can be fun.

No brainer. Mario Kart FTW.

Diddy Kong Racing.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."