By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do you love your WiiU?

Tagged games:

The WiiU...

I love it! 197 90.78%

I hate it! 10 4.61%

I donĀ“t care. 10 4.61%

Total:217

Love my WiiU, it has lots of great games, the gamepad is great for web browsing and going on netflix. I just love this console, its reliable and looks pretty good. I was impressed with the graphics on the system, love to play some Nintendo games in HD. I use the thing all the time and my kids love it as well. Perfect console for the family.

Around the Network

love is a strong word, I like my wiiu, its ok.

not a fan of gamepad at all. I love the mario games so far though. Looking forward to the new Zelda next.

If I were much younger I would definitely be more into it, so I know my age has a lot to do with my cynicism and disappointment with the newer things they are doing.

It has unique games that can't be found anywhere else. As I always say: "When Nintendo's situation is dire, it's when they work the hardest on their games.". Even if Wii U is bound to fail miserably from now on, I'd still be happy with it and it's unique and incredibly fun catalogue. It had a rough start with a short catalogue but it slowly grew to become what it is today and what it will be by 2015's end. Still waiting for Paper Mario.U and Animal Crossing.U though. I'll die happy if and only I get to play them.

NintendoSupporter<3 said:

I don't love mines like I use to. 

Edit: still a good system tho, droughts just killing me

droughts are good for clearing up backlog and experience new games..... such as eshop or missed game now on the virtual consoles.

If you have both a WiiU and 3ds there is always games to be played. Beside most people own more then simply a WiiU.

Great exclusives, off-TV play, best internet browser on a game console (in my opinion), virtual console games, backwards-compatible with the Wii, and free online play.

Basic concert band instruments: piccolo, flute, oboe, bassoon, clarinet, bass clarinet, alto saxophone, tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone, horn, trumpet, trombone, euphonium, tuba, double bass, and percussion. 

Around the Network

I like the fact that the Nintendo games are so accessible to young people like my nieces and nephews so I can play with them but also have the hardcore gamer edge to satisfy me when I want to be challenged.

The gamepad offscreen play alone is worth the price of admission. Anyone that shares a TV in a household will love the fact that when your better half wants to watch her 'chick shows' the fun doesn't stop you just switch to offscreen mode and keep the party going. For this reason I was able to clock in 400 hours of Monster Hunter 3U.

There are so many good deals when it comes to the Wii U: I got Windwaker HD for free, I'm getting Bayonetta 1 for free today along with my purchase of Bayonetta 2, I'm buying new games disc and all for incredibly low prices. Everything is so affordable...

Also consider the 3DS to Wii U connectivity, that is pretty cool as well.

The Miiverse is kind of rad, I enjoy all of the comments and amazing artwork people come up with... Also Amazon prime streams quite well on my system compared to my Samsung smart TV

I have a pretty kickass gaming PC: i7 4770K, GTX770, 16gigs RAM, 27" 1440P monitor and it doesn't get nearly as much playtime

why i love my wii u...

why i WILL love my wii u now...

This is a nice thread :)

Here are my top ten reasons:

10) web browser -- I don't use it much, but when I do it's fast, easy, and user-friendly.

9) backwards compatibility -- something, depressingly, only Nintendo offers, and not just when it comes to software. All the controllers I accumulated during the seventh generation work again with the WiiU. It's a nice gesture to fans who supported the Wii.

8) the Pro Controller -- it just might the best "traditional" controller on the market today. Comfortable, light, ergonomically-superior, with battery life that would outlast a Doctor Who marathon, it's simply a joy to use.

7) support for the little guy -- with the support of Dan Adelman, Nintendo pushed into the "indie" space, tentatively with Wii and now much more forcefully with WiiU.

6) free online -- Microsoft and, more recently, Sony are in the business of charging their consumers for online multiplayer. Not Nintendo. The online infrastructure of the WiiU might not be as sophisticated as its counterparts on Xbox One and PS4, but it works and it's free.

5) Miiverse -- probably the most revolutionary thing about the WiiU, a fully-realized social network where like-minded people can share achievements, artwork, tips, and experiences.

4) the GamePad -- it has its share of detractors, sure, but to me it's a brilliant, if underused, controller. The avenues it opens up for asymmetrical gameplay, demonstrated by Nintendo Land and others, and for local multiplayer, demonstrated most recently by Hyrule Warriors, makes the Pad worth the extra price of admission.

3) Virtual Console -- it may not be as robust as the Wii Virtual Console (what is?) but overall it's a great repository for classic, hard-to-find games. And it will only get bigger.

2) local multiplayer -- it wouldn't be premature to call the WiiU the best local multiplayer console of all time. Several of its games feature local multiplayer options for two, four, even five people. Super Smash Bros., arriving in November, will support as many as eight players locally. In an industry dominated by online multiplayer, it's refreshing to see Nintendo double down, so to speak, on local multiplayer.

1) Nintendo EAD -- it remains, after thirty years, the single best video game developer in the world, and the WiiU (and 3DS) are the only places to play its newest software.

Its a fantastic all round console, from the best exclusives in the industry to the multi-tasking usage of the gamepad. Backward compatibilty with Wii games, tons of Indie, Virtual console, being able to draw and create artwork, Miiverse, free online, a plethora of control options to suit your tastes, NFC features for Amiibo, brilliant E-shop. A fantastic console, and my personal favourite of all time, this coming from a gamer of 30 years who has gamed on most consoles.

I too have all three consoles, yet I play the Wii U the most. I also have a huge library on Wii U that grows by the week. I believe I am at 177 games at the moment.

I especially love the Gamepad! I play off tv all the time.

For me, this has been the best Nintendo console ever made next to SNES.