By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do you love your WiiU?

Tagged games:

The WiiU...

I love it! 197 90.78%

I hate it! 10 4.61%

I donĀ“t care. 10 4.61%

Total:217

-The greatest Mario kart ever.
-The Gamepad is perfect for non-gaming activities such as YouTube.
-Nintendoland, which I at one point regretted buying, turned out to be FANTASTIC when I played it with friends! We played it for 3 hours straight and had so much fun! Perfect way to use the Gamepad!
-Did you see that Smash Direct today?
-It shows that you do not need a ton of power to make games look great. It takes dedication, not specs.

NNID: garretslarrity

Steam: garretslarrity

Around the Network
Solid-Stark said:
Mainly due to Nintendo first party software. But I have thoroughly enjoyed every game I have bought for the WiiU. The gamepad is cool but not always in use unless I'm on Netflix.
The console is pretty much an all enjoyed gaming machine. Donkey Kong Country is my favorite all time franchise and its on WiiU, and of course Mario Kart rocks.

Amen brotha, one of my favorites as well, only surpassed by the classic 2D Mario series. Still haven't played the Wii U version (as I'm waiting on a price drop), but loved the Wii game. Not as good as the original 3, and especially the first 2, but still a solid 2D platformer. Love the sig too heh..

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

I personally love browsing the internet on the pad.

WagnerPaiva said:

5 - It is diferent from the others: Being super weak, the WiiU have a advantage: he doesn´t need to race, it have nothing to prove. It can do its own thing and have cool crazy games like WiiFitU (have you guys tried the bobsled game?)

I only wish people weren't so obsessed with graphics when gameplay is infinitely more enjoyable.

KLAMarine said:
WagnerPaiva said:

5 - It is diferent from the others: Being super weak, the WiiU have a advantage: he doesn´t need to race, it have nothing to prove. It can do its own thing and have cool crazy games like WiiFitU (have you guys tried the bobsled game?)

I only wish people weren't so obsessed with graphics when gameplay is infinitely more enjoyable.

To be fair the graphics on WiiU are gorgeous, super colorful and happy.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network

I love it because it's well rounded. It has what I call the "Nintendo Charm". It's also a beautiful console, in its simplicity of design. The GamePad is really handy. I think the implementation of the console's features could be better linked together, instead of being disjointed like they are now. It would be nice to be able to continue playing, while being able to go online and look things up on the store or wiiverse, etc...

But the main reason why I love this console as much as I do is because this is coming to it:

WagnerPaiva said:

That's the magic of art style: can still look good after years.

To play the best games of the industry.

2 words, free.. cable. Sure the games and all that are great but the wii u has one of if not the best web browser out there. There is a website I visit that streams just about every cable popular cable show(HBO and netflix included but doesn't have movies). Ps3/ps4/360/xb1 browsers can't really handle it. Shit just doesn't play but the Wii U plays it just fine and it's great because it keeps all the web stuff on the controller and streams the video on the tv at 720p and honestly can't tell the difference if ya had 2 Tv's next to each other, one with cable and one streaming from the wiiU. well except the wiiu doesn't have commercials. Obviously a Ruku/Chromecast is better/more affordable but along with the games the streaming feature is a really nice touch and sadly I've watched more tv with it then played games but that's only because I don't buy many games for it anymore. Really loved ZombiU tho and I hope they continue that franchise.

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

KLAMarine said:
WagnerPaiva said:

That's the magic of art style: can still look good after years.

Yes, Zelda NES is stilll very interesting to look at. The gameplay reminds me of Demon´s Souls in how unforgiving it is. But, to be fair, Zelda is harder cause there is a cheat code gllitch in Demon´s souls that duplicate items...

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.