By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What console wins 2015? Which one gets second and third?

Which one?

Playstation 4 288 70.07%

Wii U 72 17.52%

Xbox one 24 5.84%

See results 27 6.57%

Total:411
Shadow1980 said:
The PS4 will win in all regions. The XBO will place second in NA and Europe and third in Japan. This really does seem to be the only possible outcome at this point. This is almost certainly the peak year for the Wii U due to MK8 and Smash; a price cut, if one is issued, may keep it from dropping too much, but I expect YoY sales to decline. The PS4 and XBO will almost certainly receive price cuts next year, which would be guaranteed sales boosters, and I think that whoever drops the price first will see the other immediately answer back with a cut of their own to retain parity. With the Wii U likely to decline and the XBO likely to grow, even in Europe the XBO should handily attain second place, but will still get completely trounced by the PS4. In the U.S., the PS4-XBO gap is still significant enough to where I honestly doubt the XBO has any chance of taking the lead, though the two will continue to be closer than in other regions. In Japan, the XBO will continue to be ignored, the Wii U will decline, and the PS4 will at least hold steady if not grow due to current-gen-only games as well as a price cut.

Do you have YTD numbers for Japan? Looks like an uphill battle there for the PS4. It will certainly win 2015 but I won't be surprised if Wii U handily outsells PS4  this year.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
Kyuu said:

Insomniac X NaughtyDog: Spyro the Bandicoot..

BELIEBE!

Now you made me wonder how would a Spyro the Bandicoot be XD

AshKetchum1992 said:
Ka-pi96 said:
The Wii U will be dead last in everything.

Well, not in Japan XD

ok i get you. You know the way SOny like to announce games 2+ years in advance? Well are Ninty like the opposite where they might surprise everyone with a mario game dueto release next year? 

EDIT: ALso why won't they get a Wii U MH5 or a pokemon or some of  the other big DS games they have in Japan for the DS? 

PS4 by a massive margin (probably 50-60%), X1 in second with a decent advantage to the Wii U.

ExplodingBlock said:
ps4
flawless victory
fatality

I laughed :D

PS4, but we will still see many articles and posts about a possible XB1 resurgence, at least until Halo 5 is released :-/

It will be painful to see our fellow gamers post such ridiculous assumptions.

Please everyone, remember to take your pills before you post something!

Around the Network

iPhone 6S

:P

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Ka-pi96 said:
Not really a tough question. The PS4 will obliterate everything!

As for second place, that's also easy, it will be the Xbox One.

Not in term of games if Nintendo decides we can play Zelda HD next year. If not, 2016 Wii U will obliterate everything in term of games.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Ka-pi96 said:
Pavolink said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Not really a tough question. The PS4 will obliterate everything!

As for second place, that's also easy, it will be the Xbox One.

Not in term of games if Nintendo decides we can play Zelda HD next year. If not, 2016 Wii U will obliterate everything in term of games.

Yeah... for maybe a couple hundred thousand people.

While millions will be enjoying the vastly superior Uncharted 4 and Halo 5

Casual games tend to sell better. Remember the Wii.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

In terms of hardware sales PS4 obviously.

In terms of games, WiiU. Because Zelda. I don't care what anyone else brings, it automatically loses if it's up against a Zelda.

Ouya