By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - My first Playstation Now experience....

Tagged games:

Tachikoma said:
mornelithe said:
Tachikoma said:

boy are you in for some dissapointment when they reveal (or more likely,  dont)  their usage stats. 

Why?  I don't care if it succeeds or doesn't, I really don't.  I personally, have no interest in the service, whatsoever.  Then again, I have a gaming PC, and a PS3.  So, clearly this service isn't intended for me.  If others find it useful, great.  However, my existence doesn't hinge on it's success.  But, can I see that there's a shitload of people out there who don't have a console, but do have a TV/PC/Laptop/Tablet/Phone?  Yeah, it's pretty obvious.

willingly argues about value and potential reach.. 

distances self from any commitment to its success. 

right. 

It's called living without blinders on.  You know, seeing how others might value something, who aren't necessarily into the same things as I am.  But that's cool, everyone on the planet is exactly like you.  No way that obscures your reality.

Around the Network
mornelithe said:
Tachikoma said:
mornelithe said:
Tachikoma said:

boy are you in for some dissapointment when they reveal (or more likely,  dont)  their usage stats. 

Why?  I don't care if it succeeds or doesn't, I really don't.  I personally, have no interest in the service, whatsoever.  Then again, I have a gaming PC, and a PS3.  So, clearly this service isn't intended for me.  If others find it useful, great.  However, my existence doesn't hinge on it's success.  But, can I see that there's a shitload of people out there who don't have a console, but do have a TV/PC/Laptop/Tablet/Phone?  Yeah, it's pretty obvious.

willingly argues about value and potential reach.. 

distances self from any commitment to its success. 

right. 

It's called living without blinders on.  You know, seeing how others might value something, who aren't necessarily into the same things as I am.  But that's cool, everyone on the planet is exactly like you.  No way that obscures your reality.

I just call it being unrealistically optimistic on your part. 

Tachikoma said:

I just call it being unrealistically optimistic on your part. 

Seeing a potential for market growth is unrealistically optimistic?  I'll take it.

Neodegenerate said:
Tachikoma said:
could buy the games on ebay for the price of a weeks rental.

I hate this argument against PS Now.  Show me where you can get a PS3, and the game, for the price of the rental.  When the service is officially live on intended platforms people will be able to load up PS Now on various Sony products (TVs, PS4, Vita, tablets, smartphones, etc)...

It is a lousy argument.  It isn't based in reality either.   Renting stuff isn't cheap.  

Show me where you can play PS3,PS2,PS1 games on a PS4/vita/experia and whatever the new tv is called.

If you have a PS3 this service isn't for you.  Simple.

Unfortunately ive had an awful experience with it. Tried playing USF4 the other day and the input delay was horrible. :(

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Around the Network
Neodegenerate said:
outlawauron said:

Back in my day, I was ecstatic that I could pay $7/5 day rental of any game at my local blockbuster.

These young whippersnappers have it far too easy I say.

I have to agree. The prices are fine. You'd pay the same money for a Burger King meal as you would to rent a game for a week. Can't wait for MGS4 to come on it. That will be my 1st PS Now game. 

Kerotan said:
Neodegenerate said:
outlawauron said:

Back in my day, I was ecstatic that I could pay $7/5 day rental of any game at my local blockbuster.

These young whippersnappers have it far too easy I say.

I have to agree. The prices are fine. You'd pay the same money for a Burger King meal as you would to rent a game for a week. Can't wait for MGS4 to come on it. That will be my 1st PS Now game. 

But gamestop is telling me it's $5 used.

binary solo said:
outlawauron said:
animegaming said:
nope cause i refuse to not only pay for those prices to rent games i already own or can own for a much cheaper price then it is to rent it and also i outright boycott any service that forces me to have an always online connection to play single player games

Exactly! Back in PS1 days I never bought a single game, I only rented and the cost was exactly that. I don't see how paying the same price for effectively the same thing, but with the convenience of not having to leave the couch is suddenly an outrageous cost burden.

Game streaming is the future #dealwithit 

so in other words Microsoft was right and we shouldn't have complained about the Xbox One DRM?

JinxRake said:
animegaming said:
nope cause i refuse to not only pay for those prices to rent games i already own or can own for a much cheaper price then it is to rent it and also i outright boycott any service that forces me to have an always online connection to play single player games

Ugh...what...I...don't...even...whaaaa?

You boycott a service that is...basically...a streaming service for games because you would like to stream games WITHOUT being connected to the internet.

Ummm...yeah...ok.

its more or so just me boycotting any game that requires me to have an online connection for single player

animegaming said:

so in other words Microsoft was right and we shouldn't have complained about the Xbox One DRM?

Nice non-sequitur there.  Talking about a rental service and comparing it to owning a home console.