By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Weekly hardware 11 October 2014

Aerys said:
Blood_Tears said:
PS4 keeps steam rolling through the competition every week.

And damn, you know FH2 flops when DriveClub opens higher in the US (Maybe Globally too) The fact that people would rather attempt to play a broken game instead is very telling. Metacritic scores really do mean jack shit.

Oh and bye bye China, it was fun while it lasted homies! :)

This is a good thing if people dont blindly trust reviews.

That means Evil Within could sell very well, because it deserves it, being the best game of the year

I hope so, I´m on chapter 7 and so far loving it.

Shinji Mikami has yet to disappoint me

Around the Network
Xevross said:
fluky-nintendy said:
Probably the first time something outsells PS4 this year? I may be wrong though. I'm more concerned about Driveclub though and to see how metacritic will affect its sales.

You are correct. 3DS won this week beyond doubt

It'll be backo normal next week.

Lawlight said:
Xevross said:
fluky-nintendy said:
Probably the first time something outsells PS4 this year? I may be wrong though. I'm more concerned about Driveclub though and to see how metacritic will affect its sales.

Dont be a party pooper :-/  

Edit: And it wont go back Normal as 3ds will now have a higher WW weekly baseline thankz to good ol Japan!

Xevross said:
bigtakilla said:
HOLY CHRIST dat Smash 3DS! Hope the Wii U version does the same thing (and I'm pretty sure it's going to).

This is nothing to do with Smash :/ .... its the new 3DS and MH4G in Japan

I initially thought the very very high Japanese sales were due to Smash Bros also :P I don't think Smash Bros will elevate Wii U sales to 300,000+ for that week when it comes out though :P

OttoniBastos said:

3DS beasting with new launch

PS4 undertracked but still great

PS3 still on the fight

Xone big drop(too much for tier 2 countries right? where is the "13 vs 50 countries" people now?)

X360 and Wii will probably be discontinued

VITA and WiiU /ded

Nope.. MS have promised that support will continue for X360 until 2016 as have the likes of EA etc.  Also MS have only just released a new  500 GB COD themed 360 console.  So I would not be putting it in the same category as Wii.  If anything there will be a further price cut for the 360.  MS still seem intent on milking it this time round.

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Gamertag:  GamertagOz70

Around the Network
3sexty said:
OttoniBastos said:

PS3 still on the fight

Xone big drop(too much for tier 2 countries right? where is the "13 vs 50 countries" people now?)

VITA and WiiU /ded

Nope.. MS have promised that support will continue for X360 until 2016 as have the likes of EA etc.  Also MS have only just released a new  500 GB COD themed 360 console.  So I would not be putting it in the same category as Wii.  If anything there will be a further price cut for the 360.  MS still seem intent on milking it this time round.

They also said Xone would never be set apart of kinect because "it was build around it".

They said Dead rising and Ryse would never come to PC.

Truth is Xbox doesn't have the global appeal playstation or even nintendo brand have.With 360 selling that low in USA,even with price cut they will not have a PS2 kind of legs.Plus people are jumping on next gen pretty quickly this time(at least on first world countries) so there is no much space for old gen machine on countries like USA UK and japan.

Sorry Double post.

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

OttoniBastos said:
3sexty said:
OttoniBastos said:

PS3 still on the fight

VITA and WiiU /ded

They also said Xone would never be set apart of kinect because "it was build around it".

They said Dead rising and Ryse would never come to PC.

Truth is Xbox doesn't have the global appeal playstation or even nintendo brand have.With 360 selling that low in USA,even with price cut they will not have a PS2 kind of legs.Plus people are jumping on next gen pretty quickly this time(at least on first world countries) so there is no much space for old gen machine on countries like USA UK and japan.

Yes but the latest SKU release stands in the way of your prediction that this will happen any time soon and I would expect that a budget minded holiday bundle with a price cut might actually be a bit of a sales driver for those who cannot afford new gen hardware. Also I don’t think they will just abandon millions of last gen owners overnight. Remember total WW install base numbers for PS3 and X360 are virtually tied. The 10 or so thousand ps3 sell more each week these days of isn’t going to make the huge difference to the total install base either. There are just way to many lest gen console holders still hanging out – especially were xbox is concerned. And I am pretty sure that X360 still sells a lot more software than ps3 each week (Mainly UK and U.S). Wii on the other hand is a different story in that the software sales have well and truly tapered off. I isn’t just about hardware. Software sales are still driving support.

Oh and also with Wii selling at 7k and the 360 selling at aprox 30k (23 k more) this week - you still put the 360 in the same category as the wii for ending support for these consoles?? you have to admit the wii is well and truly behind the 360 in terms of currency and relevance.    

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

fluky-nintendy said:

I think it will have a small, almost insignificant effect on the sales of Driveclub. Why believe a review when you can check it out for yourself once the PS+ version releases? And if the Gaf thread is anything to go by, there will be even more gamers wondering what the hell the reviewers were on about.

The PS5 Exists. 

tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:
Xevross said:
fluky-nintendy said:

Dont be a party pooper :-/  

Edit: And it wont go back Normal as 3ds will now have a higher WW weekly baseline thankz to good ol Japan!

So, the N3DS will be able to stop the YoY decline in sales in Japan?