By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Slim to be announced at E3 2015

For a second there I thought that was a VHS case sitting on its side.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
kowenicki said:

likewise.

I'm lucky having 70mg downloads so digital is very viable.  It does grate a little that it isnt cheaper, but I'm essentially lazy and seek instant gratfification (its my age) so a download beats the hell out of driving to the store, parking, speaking to an idiot in Game and then driving back.  Postage options can be hit and miss too.

But not every person  have a luck like you lol ^_^, If they persist making consoles only for country like US and UK, the consoles will not  sold anywhere in the world except US and UK.

kowenicki said:
HollyGamer said:
kowenicki said:

likewise.

I'm lucky having 70mg downloads so digital is very viable.  It does grate a little that it isnt cheaper, but I'm essentially lazy and seek instant gratfification (its my age) so a download beats the hell out of driving to the store, parking, speaking to an idiot in Game and then driving back.  Postage options can be hit and miss too.

But not every person  have a luck like you lol ^_^, If they persist making the games only for country like US and UK, they consoles will not be sold anywhere in the world except US and UK.

Internet speeds are typically quicker outside of the US and Uk.  So I dont know what you are talking about.

I dont know about others country, but in my country the data caps is free but the bandwidt speed relatively expensives, and if most people have a good connection, the DRM fiasco wouldn't have happening. That said probably some of people indeed have a good connection but i bet a lot of gamers also dont have that kind of luxury.  We can  also look on how many people using PS plus and how many people connected to Internet divided with total consoles that already  sold.

The "I read it on the internet so it must be true" never gets old.

Still I don't see Sony coming with a sleeker version until 2016 or 2017 because the system is already slim, sleek and well built. Tiny improvements will arrive but nothing big.

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0

This would go against everything the PS4 is, no way I see this happening, especially next year.

Around the Network
zero129 said:
kitler53 said:

PS4 Slim to be announced at E3 2015 – hardware and aesthetics improvements expected

Sony’s PlayStation is one of the most acclaimed gaming consoles of all time, breaking one sale record after another in its two decades of glorified existence. The first PlayStation to see light out of the box hit a staggering sales record of 100 million units within 10 years of its release. Now, the new gaming era is dawning, and Sony claims that its PlayStation 4 is the leading force of new-gen gaming platforms. Fueled by an accelerated AMD x84-64 processing unit, with a GPU reaching up to 1.843 teraflops, Sony ranks the PS4 as the “world’s most powerful console.” Sony seems to be swinging for the fences, as recent rumors claim that we will be seeing a PS4 Slim version at next year’s E3 convention.

The PS4 Slim will allegedly feature improved hardware and refined looks to further expand its player base and offer players a better gaming experience. The wheels might be already set in motion secretly behind closed doors by Sony developers, and it’s possible that next year’s  Electronic Entertainment Expo will serve as an ideal presentation setting for the PS4 Slim. This console is expected to provide a more compact and coordinated design that will mend existing hardware issues, a new SSD drive to replace the standard HDD, in order to allow developers to optimize more easily their latest titles in full 1080p resolution, and other next-gen features. Latest speculations are that Sony is considering of removing the current Blu-Ray drive for the PS4 Slim version, as most players prefer to store their video game content digitally.

By eliminating the Blu-Ray drive, the new PS4 will have a lighter design with minimal load times and more fluid data transfer through the SSD drive. The most plausible scenario is that the PS4 Slim will be announced at E3 2015, and will hit the mainstream market in early 2016. Sony has not made any official announcement in this regard just yet, and these reports are based on various tech expert assumptions. Gamingbolt has recently published an article outlining numerous reasons why both Microsoft and Sony need to launch Slim versions of their Xbox One, respectively PS4. What do you make of this? What changes would you like to see in the new PS4 Slim?

http://www.loadthegame.com/2014/10/20/ps4-slim-announced-e3-2015-hardware-aesthetics-improvements-expected/

i read it on the internet,. must be true.

The bolded parts show that this is fake and who ever came up with it must be smoking some good shit..

with games now being so big in size the console would need at least a 500GB SSD, last i checked they aint cheap and with the PS4 Sony's whole design this gen has been to save money something this clearly wouldnt do.

And then it will allow 1080P gaming? O_o.. dont think i need to say any more on that! lol..

Anyway like every gen i do believe Sony will make a slim PS4 but this is just fake news to get clicks

Laptops today rarly ships with drives anymore..   Digital world is coming.. you can't fight it.. lol 

But..  By 2016.. They could easily include 2TB versions of the PS4 and X1 without drives.. they are CHEAP.. and you are elminiating the drive..   like I said early.. They could sell the 2 versions.. PS Slim without drive for $299 and with drive for $349..   in 2016.. late 2016..

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m

zero129 said:
kitler53 said:

PS4 Slim to be announced at E3 2015 – hardware and aesthetics improvements expected

Sony’s PlayStation is one of the most acclaimed gaming consoles of all time, breaking one sale record after another in its two decades of glorified existence. The first PlayStation to see light out of the box hit a staggering sales record of 100 million units within 10 years of its release. Now, the new gaming era is dawning, and Sony claims that its PlayStation 4 is the leading force of new-gen gaming platforms. Fueled by an accelerated AMD x84-64 processing unit, with a GPU reaching up to 1.843 teraflops, Sony ranks the PS4 as the “world’s most powerful console.” Sony seems to be swinging for the fences, as recent rumors claim that we will be seeing a PS4 Slim version at next year’s E3 convention.

The PS4 Slim will allegedly feature improved hardware and refined looks to further expand its player base and offer players a better gaming experience. The wheels might be already set in motion secretly behind closed doors by Sony developers, and it’s possible that next year’s  Electronic Entertainment Expo will serve as an ideal presentation setting for the PS4 Slim. This console is expected to provide a more compact and coordinated design that will mend existing hardware issues, a new SSD drive to replace the standard HDD, in order to allow developers to optimize more easily their latest titles in full 1080p resolution, and other next-gen features. Latest speculations are that Sony is considering of removing the current Blu-Ray drive for the PS4 Slim version, as most players prefer to store their video game content digitally.

By eliminating the Blu-Ray drive, the new PS4 will have a lighter design with minimal load times and more fluid data transfer through the SSD drive. The most plausible scenario is that the PS4 Slim will be announced at E3 2015, and will hit the mainstream market in early 2016. Sony has not made any official announcement in this regard just yet, and these reports are based on various tech expert assumptions. Gamingbolt has recently published an article outlining numerous reasons why both Microsoft and Sony need to launch Slim versions of their Xbox One, respectively PS4. What do you make of this? What changes would you like to see in the new PS4 Slim?

http://www.loadthegame.com/2014/10/20/ps4-slim-announced-e3-2015-hardware-aesthetics-improvements-expected/

i read it on the internet,. must be true.

The bolded parts show that this is fake and who ever came up with it must be smoking some good shit..

with games now being so big in size the console would need at least a 500GB SSD, last i checked they aint cheap and with the PS4 Sony's whole design this gen has been to save money something this clearly wouldnt do.

And then it will allow 1080P gaming? O_o.. dont think i need to say any more on that! lol..

Anyway like every gen i do believe Sony will make a slim PS4 but this is just fake news to get clicks..

Agree with u, the statement it self contradicting each other, the article  said it will be a digital only consoles, but they will use SSD with 12 GB only that's ridiculous contradicting, if they want they have to put around 2 GB minimal and use HDD instead of SSD because no mater how cheap SSD, it still more expensives then HDD. and will directly impact with PS4 slim price. 

It's too early to announce a slim model, especially this early in the console new cycle. Maybe around 2018-2019 at the earliest.

Follow me on Instagram : YAFEAXX

Not including a BluRay drive is suicide. So is replacing an HDD with an SSD. Yes, SSDs have huge performance advantages over HDDs, but the cost per gigabyte is still way too high.

As for the actual PS4 slim, I think it's too early to announce it. I see it happening in 2016.

cpg716 said:
zero129 said:

Anyway like every gen i do believe Sony will make a slim PS4 but this is just fake news to get clicks

Laptops today rarly ships with drives anymore..   Digital world is coming.. you can't fight it.. lol 

But..  By 2016.. They could easily include 2TB versions of the PS4 and X1 without drives.. they are CHEAP.. and you are elminiating the drive..   like I said early.. They could sell the 2 versions.. PS Slim without drive for $299 and with drive for $349..   in 2016.. late 2016..

laptop today rarely ships with drives ??? yes, but most are for general purpose laptop, for gaming laptop they still included one, or at least most of it.

Yes they will be cheeper in the near future, but the article said they will use SSD instead of HDD so the article it self already defeat the purpose of having SSD on digital only consoles. Even if they include more bigger capacity of SSD the price will be very expensives.