By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Slim to be announced at E3 2015

walsufnir said:

Not that much. Sure there is slow and fast flash but nowadays it's the controller that makes a lot of the speed. The main performance increase however is acres time. The fact that bigger flash drives are also faster than others also indicate that it's the controller itself and the logic in it manages the speed, so to say (well,throughput and iops that is.).

Either way, it's flash in both cases

Of course, it's flash on both cases. But in one we should expect a way lower performance than a HDD and in the other case we can expect a much higher performance.

Around the Network

Sony does not need to do that, very soon.

I don't believe anyone is taking this seriously.

A digital only console, regardless of whatever hard drive is in it will never take off until the prices stop being obscenely expensive. Over here in the UK the prices for digital games are an absolute joke and to me, anyone who buys games of there deserves to be shafted just for being stupid and supporting this nonsense.

I'm not saying that it's a bad thing. It certainly would be a lot more attractive if prices reflected what you were getting (like digital PC sales) but that seems an awful long way off when new titles in the UK are regularly going up for £54.99 ($87.99 this equates to for the US) digitally and can be had for 20% off that price, in a shop on day one.

PREDICTIONS FOR END OF 2015: (Made Jan 1st 2015)

PS4 - 34M - XB1 - 21m - WII U -12M

Intrinsic said:
I don't believe anyone is taking this seriously.

i am taking this very seriously.

Around the Network

Fake and unrealistic.

2015???................No! It should be around 2016 or 2017 if the article is legit. Removing Disc Drive???......Big No no no, not all people have a good connection on Internet. I think after Xbox One DRM fiasco is hard to make a console that fully utilize Internet to function. Me personally the reason is my Internet connection is very slow and i rarely playing games online. But pirates might benefit from this in the future because they don't need to bypass the new protection technology on disc drive that PS4 has on their PS4 exclusively. But I hope the new version will allow us playing old games or emulate PS1 and PS2 games on the machine (no streaming with Gaikai) by adding CD drive capability (the current one lack CD disc drive). So in the end PS4 Slim i would gladly buy in the future but if it's digital only ? my answer is no.

wtf...?

"most players prefer to store their video game content digitally."

I call bullshit on this.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Erwin-VGC said:
Fake and gay.

You need to stop using that as a curseword. It's quite offensive.

I could see both Sony and Microsoft offering DIGITAL only consoles (without Blu-Ray) at some point.. Maybe for late 2016.. I do think it will be offered along side ones with Blu-Ray though.. Maybe $50 less for the digital only.. So in 2016.. we could see two versions (3 for Xbox One) of each console.. PS4 Slim $299, PS4 Blu-Ray $349.. X1 Slim $279 X1 Blu-Ray $329 and X1 w/kinect $399...

Also.. NO ONE would ever announce a NEW console version at E3 and then release it AFTER the holidays.. That would kill sales for the holidays for people waiting for the update..

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m