By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Evil Within: Digital Foundry

Tagged games:

Real hardcore players survive The evil without the day 1 patch. 1600x900 on ps4 running at 15fps. Take on the challenge!
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-the-prepatch-evil-within-we-hope-you-will-never-play

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
Real hardcore players survive The evil without the day 1 patch. 1600x900 on ps4 running at 15fps. Take on the challenge!
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-the-prepatch-evil-within-we-hope-you-will-never-play

The horrible fps will make the games more scarier  then already has lol.

SvennoJ said:

Holy crap, that's disgraceful that a game was allowed to be sold in that state.

Mr Puggsly said:
curl-6 said:

"with the possible exception of Thief, The Evil Within probably has more performance issues than any other title we've tested on the new wave of consoles"

Thief ran at a higher resolution and looked better.

The Evil Within's optimization seems worse.

Yeah. I played thief and it seemed pretty solid. 

Got it about a week after launch though. 

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
published by who? bethesda :) they just dont give a fuck if the game is problems :)

They must save a ton by not having anyone test out any of their games.

Around the Network
mii-gamer said:
The visuals on the ps4 version are underwhelming, but the game is scary as hell. Shat my pants during the first stage

Should have took a shit before playing

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
published by who? bethesda :) they just dont give a fuck if the game is problems :)

I swear Bethesda has a special department whose job it is to put glitches into games.

A buddy of mine at work just bought this game for the XBone. Of course I said to him: "Does it run like crap?" to which is replies "Huh?". So I say: "It has frame rate issues" to which he quickly replies "What the hell are you talking about?"

Makes me wonder if we on forums worry way too much about stupid shit. Obviously those who do not frequent forums like us and/or follow sites like we do have no idea of the issues Digital Foundry brings up.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

SvennoJ said:

still runs better that ryse(i keed i keed(ish)....... so ppl without a internet connection who bought this are actually stuck with it in that condition,fugg

Mystro-Sama said:
mii-gamer said:
The visuals on the ps4 version are underwhelming, but the game is scary as hell. Shat my pants during the first stage

Should have took a shit before playing

That would ruin the fun :(