By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK Charts Week Ending 18 October 2014

Burek said:
sully1311 said:

Yep, bundled games (including download codes in X1 SKUs) are included in UK charts. NPD/US do not count official bundled games but do count retailer bundles (e.g. MS promotion of free game with any X1 console).

Then how the heck is FIFA 15 selling the worst on XOne, when it has a bundle? And from what I see, that is the only game officially bundled with XOne (all others are retailer created packages).

Is it possible that VGC is overtracking XOne in the UK?

Bundle sales won't account for much for a big title like FIFA.

Around the Network
sully1311 said:
Burek said:
sully1311 said:

Yep, bundled games (including download codes in X1 SKUs) are included in UK charts. NPD/US do not count official bundled games but do count retailer bundles (e.g. MS promotion of free game with any X1 console).

Then how the heck is FIFA 15 selling the worst on XOne, when it has a bundle? And from what I see, that is the only game officially bundled with XOne (all others are retailer created packages).

What that means?

Big title bundles like FIFA are what sells consoles and increase the user base.

FIFA bundle didn't selling that much just show how the accept ion of Xbone is slow in UK.

That is my opinion of course... even so the bundle boosted Xbone sales to top PS4 one week... it did good.

Edit - This headline should never exists without FIFA bundle: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-outsells-ps4-in-uk-with-help-of-fifa-15/1100-6422635/

ethomaz said:
sully1311 said:
Burek said:
sully1311 said:

What that means?

Big title bundles like FIFA are what sells consoles and increase the user base.

FIFA bundle didn't selling that much just show how the accept ion of Xbone is slow in UK.

That is my opinion of course... even so the bundle boosted Xbone sales to top PS4 one week... it did good.

Edit - This headline should never exists without FIFA bundle: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-outsells-ps4-in-uk-with-help-of-fifa-15/1100-6422635/

I mean in regards to total software sales for a specific title (ie. FIFA 15 X1 SKU). The bundle has only probably added 20k-30k to the total software number in the Uk

was driveclub and the bündle a friday release as usual in uk?
that would expain the low drop.

it was not a highly anticipated and preordered game. so maybe some just notice the game in its second tracking week.

lets wait for thrid week drop

prinz_valium said:

it was not a highly anticipated and preordered game. so maybe some just notice the game in its second tracking week.

Yep normal friday. 

2nd week sales will be around 12.5k-16.5k

Around the Network
prinz_valium said:

Europe didn't had the Destiny White Bundle... the first White for Europe is DriveClub.

ethomaz said:
prinz_valium said:

Europe didn't had the Destiny White Bundle... the first White for Europe is DriveClub.

it did. it was just exclusive to some retailers.

game for uk

gamestop for germany

as example

ethomaz said:
prinz_valium said:

Yes it did, it was certain retailer exclusive.

ethomaz said:
prinz_valium said:

In portugal it was 400€ at least the first week (game was free), then it rose to 450 or something. 

Fucking yes, The Evil Within at the top.

45% drop for DriveClub, that's actually surprisingly good and kind of unexpected.

Destiny dropping quickly, top sku at no. 21.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.