By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - This place needs a "Retro Gaming" forum

I'd love to get some fun retro gaming discussions going and have a dedicated forum for it. I think there are enough retro fans around here who would appreciate a classic gaming forum without the usual flaming and nonsence that current gen consoles and its warriors bring to the table.

If one is created, I pledge to post these threads in the near future:

- Classic gaming collection showcase thread

- Best way to hook up old consoles to HD tvs

- How to play classic games on original hardware without official games

- How to use different controllers with classic and current gen consoles

- Best emulators for each classic console

- New game releases for discontinued consoles (Dreamcast FTW)

etc

Around the Network

Why not make this into a Retro Gaming thread? ^^

I had a gaming chat thread. You could post about anything you wanted but it isn't active anymore.

Plus, as Spurge said, a Retro thread has been done before, it failed

spurgeonryan said:
We had a thread. It failed after 100 posts. Was done by hutnick.

Hutnick? Who the hell is that guy? I can't seem to find him!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I guess there aren't many retro gaming fans here?

Around the Network

I like the idea of a retro gaming forum but i see a few issues.
1.) Emulators and ROMs are definitely not kosher on this forum and in many countries
2.) This site is very sales focused and except for the retron devices or the SNES handhelds hardware is no longer for sale.

I Love retro gaming. I grew up during the Sega / Nintendo wars and bought NES and Ataris from yard sales as they were cheap then and I was poor. As much as I'd love a forum where people would be banned for "Nintendon't" flaming I just don't see a place here for it.

Kickin' Those Games Old School.       -       201 Beaten Games And Counting

I don't think it would get hits on this forum, not enough for people to argue about! :P
I like talking about retro gaming, though.

Nickelbackro said:
2.) This site is very sales focused and except for the retron devices or the SNES handhelds hardware is no longer for sale.

There is the Atari Flashback 1-5 and Homebrew Games.  + There is an Anime thread. That's not very sales focused.

I would recommend going to sites like Retroware, they have a lot of users who upload videos talking about their lovely retro games

Love their retroware video games history aswell:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3442439F2674AFE2

check their site for more:

http://retrowaretv.com/

I gave up trying to talk about retrogames on this site ^^'

I'm with you disolitude but the problem is, how much can you really talk about retro gaming? It certainly isn't enough to earn its own section in the forums.

You should change the thread headline / topic and make this the "Official Retro Gaming Thread", and post all those topics you listed here. I think that's your best bet.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.