By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo has sold more than 60M copies worldwide !

Dadrik said:

Indeed ! The 3 lacking millions are probably Halo CE and Halo 2, considering games tracking from that gen aren't always perfect.

No, its most likely digital as digital has gotten larger. Halo 4 is prob the most effected by this, and then Reach.

Around the Network
foodfather said:
Its not Halo 4 thats ''undertracked'' but Halo 3. Halo 4 online numbers have been very poor for a 10million seller.

Its Halo 3 that hasn't been updated for a while. It must be on 13-14 Million copies by now, but VGC still has it at 11.9.

Remember, old(ish) 360 have not been tracked properly by Vgchartz.

Yeah I think you're right, but Halo 3 isn't undertracked significantly. In December 2012, the total sales for Halo had crossed 50m. Since Halo 3 was free with GwG last year, I don't think its that undertracked. I think Reach and Halo 4 are the most undertracked. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

foodfather said:
Its not Halo 4 thats ''undertracked'' but Halo 3. Halo 4 online numbers have been very poor for a 10million seller.

Its Halo 3 that hasn't been updated for a while. It must be on 13-14 Million copies by now, but VGC still has it at 11.9.

Remember, old(ish) 360 have not been tracked properly by Vgchartz.

I think Halo 3 is undertracked too. I swear reading a 12 million sold article a few years ago.

A bulk of the "3 missing millions" though would surely be digital.

We must solve the mystery! To our super advanced alien spaceship!

Ka-pi96 said:
Brilliant sales so far. And totally deserved as well! Go Halo!

Assuming that the other 3 million are digital..isn't the digital share a little small?

I mean,a franchise like halo should have more digital sales right?

Go Halo!!!! One of the best franchises ever, very few games have such a compelling single player and multiplayer.

Around the Network
OttoniBastos said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Assuming that the other 3 million are digital..isn't the digital share a little small?

How did you conclude that? Digital sales mainly picked up towards the end of last gen around when Halo 4 came out. Even this gen, digital sales are small. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:
OttoniBastos said:
Ka-pi96 said:

How did you conclude that? Digital sales mainly picked up towards the end of last gen around when Halo 4 came out. Even this gen, digital sales are small. 

I mean Halo is main franchise of the Xbox which always was focused in online experiences.It's easy to conclude that the digital sales would be better on Xbox than,for example,PS3! Plus there is like Halo 3,Halo 4,Halo reach and Halo aniversary for X360.Have all this games only 3 millions digital?

Imho i think some games here are overtracked and thus the digital share is bigger.

Wasn't a voucher for Reach bundled with 360 a while back and not counted on VGC? That would explain like 1-2m, digital would explain the rest

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Well that number is about to change soon :P

Great sales for a great franchise.

Wow, quite a feat. The original was one of the best launch titles on any console along with Super Mario 64. Pretty much every console since has lacked a real killer launch title that gets gamers running over eachother to get a console(Gamecube, PS3, XBOX360, PS4, Xbox 1 etc). PS2's launch line up was big in quantity but fairly standard in quality but people were getting into fist fights over PS2s, they were that sought after.