By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Titanfall vs Watch Dogs vs Destiny Hype Showdown

Most hyped?

Destiny, duh... 115 59.59%

Titandfall because exclusive.... 56 29.02%

Watch Dogs because reasons... 22 11.40%

Total:193
Train wreck said:
Hype in what regard? These games sold well and have average to good reviews.

replace the word hype with bust and your statement suddenly makes sense... 

Around the Network

Destiny was easily the most hyped.

Titanfall got a lot of shit for being "COD with mechs" and being exclusive to MS consoles. People constantly ragged on Watch_Dogs, which was dragged down by the whole "downgradeton" controversy. Destiny had a far more unified, consistent hype surrounding it, as it was multiplatform and the beta changed a lot of people's minds after initial skepticism.

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D

Definitely destiny first

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Anfebious said:
I vote for Titandfall.

First I thought that I had a typo but then I relized that my fingers just chose the most logical word. Which is Tit-and-fall.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Never played watch dogs so can't comment on that game...titanfall it was only game I played for the xb1 on a regular basis, now that Destiny came out haven't touched titanfall.

As far as hype I Destiny having the most because of playstation fan base and Sony advertising it like it's first party game and forum posts about how well the sales were on playstation compared to "x" game

Titanfall for me was a bigger letdown because the lack of story even more so then destiny

Titanfall multi player game just like cod really doesn't't matter if there is story...it's a game that holds it self based on a solid multi player

Destiny multiplayer is fun but not my cup of tea...ok with overall grind fest

Around the Network

Titanfall was my favourite of the three games. I was most hyped for that game and love it. I have to admit though that Destiny attracted more hype from most people, but I'm loving that game too. Never paid much attention to watch_dogs myself. (Gone off Ubisoft since AC3), but i did see that get lots of attention as well.
OPINION ALERT: I dont think any of those games were overhyped. I just think the kids around are way too subject to advertising.

Just to reitterate. This is not about what you think of the games or how hyped you were for those games. It's just about how you perceived the hype for these games throughout the media. So everyone can answer this question no matter if you are invested in any of those games or not.

I for one didn't play any of the games, wasn't hyped for any of the them and will most likely never play them. Still the Destiny hype was far bigger than Titanfall or Watch Dogs could hope for.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Titanfall > Destiny > Watchdogs.

Titanfall is the most overhyped. When Titanfall was announced, long before its release, Destiny and Watch Dogs news was also available, but the amount of Titanfall hype drowned out the hype of either of those games. Destiny had several gameplay videos released during that E3, and everything was about how Titanfall was revolutionizing the genre with verticality and Titans replacing kill streaks.

I think the reason for the delay of Destiny was because it didn't get the hype Activision wanted because it was overshadowed by Titanfall. After the release of Titanfall and everyone almost instantly getting bored of it and forgetting about it, that's when the Destiny hype train picked up. Watch Dogs already had no hype after it was delayed so no one cared. The people who are thinking Destiny is the most hyped are coming to that conclusion because there's nothing competing against its hype and it's more recently hyped than Titanfall was.

Like I said above, you really have to take the hype of Titanfall into consideration that it was more hyped up than Destiny when both were announced at around the same time and for quite awhile, both had the same release date before the Destiny delay, and the only time Destiny hype got as big as Titanfall was when Destiny was the only hyped game around. Destiny was also never labeled as Game of Two Generations.

vivster said:
Anfebious said:
I vote for Titandfall.

First I thought that I had a typo but then I relized that my fingers just chose the most logical word. Which is Tit-and-fall.

Exactly my thoughts!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Titanfall delivered for me... Just not on content.