By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Maisie Williams Gives The Last of Us Movie Update: Game of Thrones Star Looks Set to Play Ellie

bubblegamer said:
I'm sorry but she is way too ugly. Ellie looks better, they should look a little more.

Um, are you being serious right now?? Please tell me the only picture of her you have ever seen is the one in this thread??

Around the Network
alrightiwill said:
I think it's a great choice of actor. First of all, good child actors are few and far between. Maisie looks very young for her age too so she has the experience and the ability to do more strenuous work on set than an actual 14 year old.

Plus her work on Game of Thrones would easily give her an advantage than other actors. While not a similar show at all to the game, she does play a survival role is a despair filled environment which is a similar style.

Only problem I can see is how well she can do an American accent. If she can't do a good one(haven't seen her do one) then that would be the biggest problem

Movies dont have to stick 100% to the source material do they?? I would prefer she just used her british accent

Her face is way to round to look like Ellie.

Oh they shouldn't have to be 100% accurate. But something as fundamental as having a British person, and a child no less, born and raised in America during this apocalypse wouldn't make much sense and would take away from the immersion.

An example of this for me would be a movie such as Enemy at the Gates. The use of British accents in Russia and Germany just seemed so stupid to me and ruined my enjoyment. Others might be different, but I think this is a basic direction that should be employed.

If that doesn't work out, they could always use Ellen Page

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
If that doesn't work out, they could always use Ellen Page

They could... except she was a dick about the whole thing in the first place bitching that they stole her likeness =P

i don't see any better choices to chose from. good pick.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
ktay95 said:
bubblegamer said:
I'm sorry but she is way too ugly. Ellie looks better, they should look a little more.

Um, are you being serious right now?? Please tell me the only picture of her you have ever seen is the one in this thread??

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and certainly should be less if a factor in this kind of film. But she is ugly to me as well, and I suffered through numerous pictures on IMdB.

It is obvious that if she is a frontrunner, movie's female lead budget is a very small item. They would be better of holding an open audition, they are bound to find a better fit (younger, easier on the eye, better actress). It is Hollywood, there are literally hundreds of child actors waiting for a chance. Remember Harry Potter casting and how well it worked out.

Burek said:
ktay95 said:
bubblegamer said:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and certainly should be less if a factor in this kind of film. But she is ugly to me as well, and I suffered through numerous pictures on IMdB.

It is obvious that if she is a frontrunner, movie's female lead budget is a very small item. They would be better of holding an open audition, they are bound to find a better fit (younger, easier on the eye, better actress). It is Hollywood, there are literally hundreds of child actors waiting for a chance. Remember Harry Potter casting and how well it worked out.

It worked at 66.67%, Rupert Grint was no very good (and not easy on the eyes either).

As for Maisie, I think she's very good in Game of Thrones and I understand why people would think of her since Arya and Ellie are similar characters but I'd also prefer someone new for the part.

Signature goes here!

Viggo mortensen as joel. He looked belieably rough in the road.