By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Google announce Nexus Player console - 1GB RAM, $99

And so... It begins...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
aikohualda said:
RenCutypoison said:

If this sell well enough, we might be starting to get better games on android.

Edit : also google never flopped, i wonder how that will go

google+????

google lively????

dodgeball????

google buzz?????

google wave????

google video?????

Google video was fun to find pr0n.

Google + is still very popular 

amongst google employees

RenCutypoison said:
aikohualda said:
RenCutypoison said:

If this sell well enough, we might be starting to get better games on android.

Edit : also google never flopped, i wonder how that will go

google+????

google lively????

dodgeball????

google buzz?????

google wave????

google video?????

Google video was fun to find pr0n.

Google + is still very popular 

amongst google employees

pr0n?

i think the only reason why google+ has a lot of subscriber is because of youtube and gmail being tied to the google+ account.... 

gamepad sold separately, yeah, for me this is equivalent to those dvd players with 100+plus games included, with cheap controller included.

What android gaming need is not hardware, but software.

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

Check out the blog and it makes better sense to see the overall view

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2014/10/android-be-together-not-same.html

I was wondering if there are any android games that would interest me for the TV. I've never really looked beyond Linux and PC. Autumn dynasty and plague inc might look good on the bedroom tv for $99 without having to hook a rig up to it and I wonder how the controller would operate them.

Anyone have any experience with C&C red alert on android? If it can run those kinds of games on a control pad as well as the PS classics then I might consider this over a Playstation TV.

Around the Network

Wow. I just realises I haven't used anything google related for over 2 years. I have a Nokia Lumia 930 which uses bing. I have an Xbox one which uses bing and a surface pro 3. It uses bing.

Can I get GTA 5 or halo mcc on this console?

TheAdjustmentBureau said:
Wow. I just realises I haven't used anything google related for over 2 years. I have a Nokia Lumia 930 which uses bing. I have an Xbox one which uses bing and a surface pro 3. It uses bing.

Can I get GTA 5 or halo mcc on this console?

Well that explains your post history

@italic I would take a risk a say yes...or maybe not.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Totally uninterested in this. I guess only casuals will buy it, and how interested are they?

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Meh. Kinda half-assed. 1GB of RAM won't last too long for some of the bigger games, that's for sure.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

What games will this get? If its just android games then this will probably flop like google TV.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54