By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top 10 Rated Retail PS4/XBO Games This Gen? Predictions

I think LB3 should top the list at the end of the year.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network
kivi95 said:
MTZehvor said:

By the end of this year...yeesh. I assume we're going with the Metascore with the most critics.

1. Far Cry 4 - 88
T-2. TitanFall - 86
T-2. Forza Horizon 2 - 86
T-4. Battlefield 4 - 85
T-4. Shadow of Mordor - 85
T-4. Walking Dead: Season 2 - 85
7. Little Big Planet 3 - 84
8. Assassin's Creed Unity - 81
T-9. Project Spark - 80
T-9. Watchdogs - 80
T-9. InFamous: Second Son - 80
T-9. Alien Isolation: 80

Off Topic: Am I wrong in saying I don't expect a single game announced so far to be in the Top 10 at the end of the gen with the exception of FC4?

Far Cry 4 in the top 10 at the end of this gen? That would be pretty sad in comparision to last gen! PS3/360 game 10 in the top 10 was a 95/10 game :P

None of the games so far this gen and the remaining this year will make it to the top 10 when it's all said and done for the gen. Not even the WiiU games released.

I'd argue an 88 will definitely have a shot; reviewers genuinely seem to be giving out harsher scores, or Metacritic is allowing harsher review sites, or something. For comparison, there were 9 original (non port/remake) games in 2013 that got a score of 90 or above (going by console with most reviews). This year, there's been a grand total of two console/PC original releases with 90s or above: Bayonetta 2 and Dark Souls 2. For some reason or another, reviews are getting progressively harsher; I wouldn't be too surprised if an 88 has a realistic chance at being in the Top 10 PS4/XBOne titles at the end of the gen.

Teeqoz said:
LBP 3 Iexpect to get ~90 meta,
CoD:AW I expect to get 87 meta
SO is hard, but I hope it'll score 85+ (high expectations I know, but I have faith in Insomniac)
AC... I dunno
Far Cry 4 will for sure be in the top 10.

Is Project Spark retail?

whatever this guy said I agree with

and yes ps is retail

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

DerNebel said:
If Project Spark can get an 80 metascore (admittetly based on only 5 critic so that can still take a sharp turn) then LBP3 can probably get an 88 or something.

Overall I really don't care to make a list about this, I've said it before but this year is nothing but filler material on PS4 before we get the big guns in 2015 (when I'll finally get my PS4 as well) so I'll gladly give this year to the X1.

Next year a thread like this will be way more interesting with the PS4 for example possibly getting its first 90+ exclusive in February already.

nah itll get it in november :)

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

OfficerRaichu15 said:
Teeqoz said:
SO is hard, but I hope it'll score 85+ (high expectations I know, but I have faith in Insomniac)
AC... I dunno

Is Project Spark retail?

and yes ps is retail

That feeling when people refer to you as "this guy"...

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:
Teeqoz said:
AC... I dunno

Is Project Spark retail?

and yes ps is retail

That feeling when people refer to you as "this guy"...

ok guy XD

Bets:

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

kowenicki said:
Kerotan said:
kowenicki said:
Kerotan said:
The Last of US remastered will be number one. I know you conveniently excluded games that were on last gen but considering it's one of the top selling PS4 games and a lot of the owners came from 360 I'm including it.

Titanfall had a last gen port so it's only fair. GTA 5 will be up there with the Last of US as well.

Yes lets just ignore the point of the thread.

New ip's this gen.  Its really, really, really.... really simple.

i read of the opening post and he suggested lbp3 could get in there. It's really really really like i mean really simple that that game is coming on the ps3. No different than the last of us being on ps3/ps4. If the Last of US was on XB1 and not PS4 you'd all be drooling over it. Don't even deny that! 

I played last of us....  It was ok. I preferred Uncharted by a country mile to be honest. 

LBP3 will be able to get there and probably will as will the enxt Uncharted.  Its basically games since the start of the gen.

This is so transparent.  You are just upset that the list is a bit xbox one heavy at the moment. Dont even deny that!

Dont worry, it can change and will change. 

I'm not worried at all just find it funny that legimate games are not counted for the PS4 just because he wants to spin his argument. There are cross gen games on the X1 like titanfall and if games like that should be counted so should the GO2G aka TLOU. In fact titanfall can even be played on PC. As I said I've an alienware that will run it better than any X1 will so it really doesn't bother me in the slightest. 

Excluding TLOU but keepping Titanfall?

inb4 came first on xone

it has a last gen version and juding by the graphics the game was a last gen game that microsoft had the idea to bring on xone first.