By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - When PS4 will outsell 3DS?

When PS4 will outsell 3DS?

Next year ( o_O ) 20 4.33%

2016 57 12.34%

2017 106 22.94%

2018 66 14.29%

2019 20 4.33%

2020 14 3.03%

after 2020 9 1.95%

never 170 36.80%

Total:462
tbone51 said:

Backward compatibility my friend. also n3ds has n3ds exclusives as well as 3ds and ds games right? if it were new, wouldn't it be 3ds only? (talking about how nintendo always does things with its HHs)

I get wat your trying to say but no matter wat its a 3ds. Same way Vita TV sales are tracked with vita sales as its the vita family. (you can argue Those pairings are much much much different than n3ds + 3ds)

I conceed under one condition.  We apply the rule to Wii and Wii U and if PS4 gets PSone and PS2 disc emulation, we close down VGChartz and replace PS4 LT totals with "Damn" lol.

Around the Network

I predict the PS4 will have a longer lifespan than the 3DS, so I imagine it'll happen sometime after the 3DS line is discontinued. Thought it might be a bit longer/shorter...depending on how the New 3DS performs.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

see u guys in 2 years or less

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Depends on how well the N3ds does

Pretty much this

FATALITY said:
see u guys in 2 years or less

C'mon, 2 years or less? Lets not go there :P Late 2017 the earliest.

Around the Network

It won't!!!!!! Sorry Sony fans :)

If the 3DSn takes off I doubt the PS4 will be able to outsell it.

"I think it will be the HDS"-Me in regards to Nintendo's next handheld.

I can't understand why anybody would think the PS4 has no chance to pass the 3DS. Should happen in 2017.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

vgchartz considers gb sales as gb+gbc.
also, ds sales as ds+dsi
both dsi and gbc had exclusive softwares and more hardware, and they are considered in the same cathegory.

so 3ds sales are 3ds + n3ds sales, for vgchartz.

for me, gbc color to gba is a much bigger leap than 3DS do N3DS, even bigger than nes to snes... is a generation leap.

for ending this confusion, why not change the name of thread to "When PS4 will outsell 3DS+N3DS?"

Not a chance of ever doing it.