By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Drive Club looks unbelievable updated with pics

Chris Hu said:
I don't get the point of curved tv's wasn't one of the main drawbacks of old CRT Tv's besides the lower resolution the screen distortion that came from it not having a flat screen (well most of them anyway).

The idea is that you get a slightly bigger perceived fov, at the cost of some distortion.

If you sit far away or off center it's pointless. 6 ft recommended viewing distance to benefit from the curve.
http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2014/01/whats-the-deal-with-curved-tvs/

Around the Network
Badassbab said:
It's like Gran Turismo on PS3. At times it looks stunning and other times it just looks really jaggy. They must stick out on your 55inch TV like a really sore thumb.

This is a good analysis- http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-vs-driveclub

There are some jaggies here an there but nothing to outlandish less then most games. It really does look beautiful. Whats awesome is i can make it 3D. From the cockpit view it looks EPIC! 

Wright said:

You could have at least taken a photo or something xD

you know,  i still dont know how to post photos on this site lol

eFKac said:
You just made this thread to brag about your fancy TV, didn't you?

Btw. Everybody knows DriveClub is a bad game and visuals are meh -_-

<.< >.> maybe.Shhhhh

I'm looking forward to seeing it with the weather update. That's when it's really going to shine

Or it will get a start when the PS+ version comes out so I can play it

Around the Network
Wright said:

You could have at least taken a photo or something xD

seconded, I wanna see pics. :p

You could have played Super Mario Kart and it would have looked unbelievable on that TV.

The clouds are really incredible. Special mention for the trees. Also everything that can move does indeed move in the wind, even the wires. This is the most realistic driving game I have ever played.

Impressive, and it will be even better with the weather.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Your TV is amazing, The game looks good but your TV probably makes everything look great.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Update bump.