By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MSFT Q1 2015 Results: $23bn rev, $5.8bn profit and 2.4m Xbox shipped. Analystst estimates easily beaten.

Xbox ONE shipments

<0.5m 25 9.26%

0.5m to 0.75m 16 5.93%

0.75m to 1m 20 7.41%

1m to 1.25m 26 9.63%

1.25m to 1.5m 15 5.56%

1.5m to 1.75m 20 7.41%

1.75m to 2.0m 19 7.04%

2.0m+ 66 24.44%

see results 63 23.33%

Total:270
kowenicki said:
tbone51 said:
kowenicki said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

last Wiiu shipment number was 6.68m end of June.  They will be pretty much neck and neck

WiiU is MASSIVELY overtracked here.

There nowhere near close yet in sales, Massively Overtracked is what for WiiU? 200k-250k max imo. X1 shipped alot but we still dont know how much it did. WiiU could be over 7mil shipped now and sold could be close to 6.9mil

We shall see.  But what you are saying is WiiU could be less than ONE shipped but more sold?

Ummm Yes? Its not unheard of X1 had 5.5mil-5.7mil shipped last quarter and sold less than 5mil WW. I dont see that being a problem here with the extra countries launch + Big Bundles

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Zones said:
For anyone who cares, net profit is $4.5 billion (down from $5.2 billion same quarter a year ago).

yeah we know.... 1bn restructuring costs. 

otherwise as well as record revenue, it would be record profits too.

stock is flying in after hours on these superb numbers.

I am aware of all of these.

Microsoft can easily have another +$20 billion yearly net profit.

Kyo_86 said:

"Xbox Platform revenue increased $538 million or 58%"  and "Xbox Platform cost of revenue increased $623 million or 139%"

So the cost of revenue increase more than the reveue itself. Not good.

Well that's awkward...

OT: Glad to see that MS's cloud business is doing well

X1 shipment numbers aren't bad, but wasn't a good fraction of shipments geared towards Tier 2 countries and China?

CosmicSex said:

Has anyone considered the possibility that Microsoft will never reveal sold to customer numbers?  Oh and you better believe that Sony will be giving hard numbers very soon. 

Well I always calculate that sold through to customers is 500k<X<2mn from shipped numbers. Meaning there is always at least 500k in the channels but never more than 2mn.

Tachikoma said:
both a shipped figure and combined xbox one and 360 figures, getting like last gen sony.

sony still freaking does it. 

Around the Network
CosmicSex said:

Has anyone considered the possibility that Microsoft will never reveal sold to customer numbers?  Oh and you better believe that Sony will be giving hard numbers very soon. 

I remember coming into 2014, MS recently confirmed that they sold through 3 million X1s and then, immediately said that they shipped 3.9 million X1s. So there's likely around 1 million X1s still sitting around in shelves. Maybe more, maybe less. We'll never know since the end of December 2013 is most likely the last time MS will ever share sold through figures of the X1...

Aura7541 said:
CosmicSex said:

I remember coming into 2014, MS recently confirmed that they sold through 3 million X1s and then, immediately said that they shipped 3.9 million X1s. So there's likely around 1 million X1s still sitting around in shelves. Maybe more, maybe less. We'll never know since the end of December 2013 is most likely the last time MS will ever share sold through figures of the X1...

I'm guessing that there'll be about 1.5m in the channel now, with all the new launches and stock starting to build up for the holidays. Perhaps XBO is slightly north of 6m sell through but not much more.

How does this compare to VGchartz figures?

JayWood2010 said:

Looks very likely that Xbox One is undertracked globally on VGC.

Good numbers all around.

Not at all. they just released Xbox one on others country (japan, china, russia, others EU, etc...), so of course they have a LOT of shipped consoles.

Xevross said:
Aura7541 said:
CosmicSex said:

I'm guessing that there'll be about 1.5m in the channel now, with all the new launches and stock starting to build up for the holidays. Perhaps XBO is slightly north of 6m sell through but not much more.

That makes a lot of sense. Thanks, Xevcross