By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should I sell my XB1 and get a PS4?

I don't know, when someone says they play mostly CoD and ask me which system should they get, I always say XBox. That's the system for brainless shooters. PS4 is for a different kind of games, I think. But if XBox's multiplayer is really a ghosttown where you live, then I guess switching wouldn't be a bad idea.

Around the Network
daredevil.shark said:

Okay. My point was PS4 has games from every genre.

I am not bashing Wii U. Its a great system. But you just cant deny PS4. Even you got PS4. PS4's differenciated range of games was my point.

Yeah I know that, but now make the same with the Xbox One.

The difference between Xbox One and PS4 won't be big. It isn't worth to sell your system for low money and then spend +100$ just for a PS4.

For that money you could also get yourself 2 new games or something else.

If he has a Xbox One then there won't be a big difference to the PS4. Both have amazing support and great first party titles.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

RealGamingExpert said:

The difference between Xbox One and PS4 won't be big. It isn't worth to sell your system for low money and then spend +100$ just for a PS4.

If he has a Xbox One then there won't be a big difference to the PS4. Both have amazing support and great first party titles.

Lol. Now you are not bringing Wii U and bringing Xbox One. Okay. You can do that. And you will get quite same result. I have made my comment. Happy gaming.

only777 said:
TheAdjustmentBureau said:
Only thing I would say is it sounds like Phil Spencer is putting time and money into rare classics like banjo and conker

Microsoft already pissed over Banjo, I very much doubt anyone with any working brain cells would be happy to see them do it again.

Phil Spencer is in charge now. Things are already a lot better. And he knows what he is doing. Microsoft have already started the gen well with exclusives. Sony is struggling outside indie games which can be found on pc and tablets. Apart from a last gen game which reviewers used last gen scores for Xbox is winning at retail exclusives. With no answer to horizon 2 or titanfall atm.

The order is also getting bad press. Another exclusive that could meta low 70s or high 60s. If sunset overdrive reviews well 85+ then Xbox is going strong. It's difficult to know what halo mcc will score, but like gran turismo it will sell regardless of score.

I believe Phil Spencer will put a proper team together for a banjo 3 and new conker. He's doing wonders at the moment. As a Nintendo gamer there is much more promise for Xbox than ps.

Psychotic said:
I don't know, when someone says they play mostly CoD and ask me which system should they get, I always say XBox. That's the system for brainless shooters. PS4 is for a different kind of games, I think. But if XBox's multiplayer is really a ghosttown where you live, then I guess switching wouldn't be a bad idea.

Well last gen that was mostly the case, PS would take the single player genres and Xbox would take the brainless shooters. However, now with PS4 taking the majority marketshare you're gonna see PS take mostly all categories whether it's a shooter or not.

Take for example, Mass Effect. The next one will likely sell more on PS4 and that was a completely different story last gen. This time around it's a new trilogy with a mulitplat release and PS4 will take the most marketshare from that series and WRPG's in general this gen. Point is, is that things are a lot different this gen especially since CoD sells better on Playstation now regardless of marketing or DLC.

Around the Network
daredevil.shark said:
RealGamingExpert said:

Lol. Now you are not bringing Wii U and bringing Xbox One. Okay. You can do that. And you will get quite same result. I have made my comment. Happy gaming.

I honestly think you don't understand my comments. I didn't bring up Wii U vs. PS4 a single time. All I said is that PS4 doesn't have everything that other consoles have. The same can be applied to the Xbox One and even to older generations as well.

The topic is obviously about selling the Xbox One for a PS4, so the Wii U doesn't have anything to do with the topic. And if you will get the same result with the Xbox One, then there is no reason to do that.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

only777 said:
Only thing I would say is it sounds like Phil Spencer is putting time and money into rare classics like banjo and conker

Microsoft already pissed over Banjo, I very much doubt anyone with any working brain cells would be happy to see them do it again.

Phil Spencer is in charge now. Things are already a lot better. And he knows what he is doing. Microsoft have already started the gen well with exclusives. Sony is struggling outside indie games which can be found on pc and tablets. Apart from a last gen game which reviewers used last gen scores for Xbox is winning at retail exclusives. With no answer to horizon 2 or titanfall atm.

The order is also getting bad press. Another exclusive that could meta low 70s or high 60s. If sunset overdrive reviews well 85+ then Xbox is going strong. It's difficult to know what halo mcc will score, but like gran turismo it will sell regardless of score.

I believe Phil Spencer will put a proper team together for a banjo 3 and new conker. He's doing wonders at the moment. As a Nintendo gamer there is much more promise for Xbox than ps.

Its one way of Being biased i guess...

So because X1 has one more good exclusive than PS4 for now, its better ? You seem to ignore the exclusive planning for 2015

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Aerys said:
only777 said:

So because X1 has one more good exclusive than PS4 for now, its better ? You seem to ignore the exclusive planning for 2015

As well as the 60 and 70 meta scores for X1 exclusives too..

Aerys said:

We can't say much about 2015 yet when not everything is revealed.

Lineup for both consoles looks great, so there isn't a big difference imo.

RealGamingExpert said:

I honestly think you don't understand my comments. I didn't bring up Wii U vs. PS4 a single time. All I said is that PS4 doesn't have everything that other consoles have. The same can be applied to the Xbox One and even to older generations as well.

The topic is obviously about selling the Xbox One for a PS4, so the Wii U doesn't have anything to do with the topic. And if you will get the same result with the Xbox One, then there is no reason to do that.

Yeah. You are right. You didnt bring up Wii U vs PS4.

RealGamingExpert said:
daredevil.shark said:

You wont regreat it. Playstation has everything that others are offering plus more. So its a great investment.

Does it have free online? Miiverse? No?

Seems like it doesn't have everything...