By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should I sell my XB1 and get a PS4?

RealGamingExpert said:

You are looking for the debate here. Starting the Wii U vs. PS4 was your thing, not mine.

When you say something like "PS4 has everything others are offering" then you need to clarify that you are talking about games, but even then it's not anywhere near the truth.

It doesn't have good games of every genre. It's nowhere close to that. Not now and not in the near future.

It has 3rd party support, but so has the Xbox One. It has Indies, so has the Xbox One.

There is no big reason to switch from Xbox One to PS4 considering that the trade in prices for Xbox Ones have gone down by a lot.

Might as well just keep it and be happy with it. Xbox Ones future looks bright, it's not like games won't be coming anymore.

1. OP already has Wii U.

2. PS4 meets his needs.

3. Whatever you say mate. I dont care. Peace.

Around the Network

I would wait until 2015 to take a decision if I were you. Both console are going to get many game in the next months which can have an impact on your decision. Plus I don't think that the situation for Ghost is any different on the ps4 right now. And with the eclusive bundle and earlier dlc deals they might both and up with a similar userbase and the Xbox One can even end up having the bigger one.

Only thing I would say is it sounds like Phil Spencer is putting time and money into rare classics like banjo and conker, so you might have a lot more to play on Xbox one in future that minty gamers like. Also nsuet is a proper gamers game like minty games. Worth thinking about.

What games do you like ? Are you interested more in X1 or PS4 exclusives ? If you can answer to these questions, you will know the console you need.

First question we should ask before jumping in the thread to sell our favorite console

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

daredevil.shark said:

1. OP already has Wii U.

2. PS4 meets his needs.

3. Whatever you say mate. I dont care. Peace.

And again you are being completely ignorant.

You said "if you want to debate then come with some logic and fulfill OP's requirements" so I did.

I wrote you a long answer and what do I get as an answer? "I don't care"

There is seriously no way to have a serious discussion with you when you are not able to answer the easiest things.

Xbox One also meets his needs. Why suddenly go for a PS4? Exactly, there is no big reason.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

Around the Network
SuperMarioWorld said:

I'm thinking about selling my XB1 and getting a PS4 this week? I'm kinda mostly a COD scrub so I really like the fact that PS4 has a much larger user base and this is probably a huge positive for online games like COD in the future. I live in Australia and COD Ghosts on XB1 is pretty much a ghost town. 

I'm a massive Nintendo fan but I also play a bit of COD, Titanfall and a few other games like Trials and NBA 2K on XB1. I'm not really into any other Xbox franchises like Halo or anything like that. I loved COD on the 360 so much and have made a lot of friends on there. So I followed my friends and got a XB1 recently. I'm sure it's great for many other kind of games but for COD Ghosts it's a miserable experience.  

Buy the console which is best for you.

If you fav game is COD, then the best console COD is on PS4.  Looking away from COD, other games with multiplayer communities are going to be larger on PS4, so any battlefield or DOOM remakes are probably going to be best on PS4.

So really the answer is yes, sell the XB1 and get a PS4.

Sony want to make money by selling art, Nintendo want to make money by selling fun, Microsoft want to make money.

ghost is a ghost town b/c the games MP sucks see if you can get your hands on a ps4 to see if ghost is also a ghost town

i would make the switch regardless simply b/c most all 3rd party games will be superior on PS4 including COD AW

Play Me

TheAdjustmentBureau said:
Only thing I would say is it sounds like Phil Spencer is putting time and money into rare classics like banjo and conker

Microsoft already pissed over Banjo, I very much doubt anyone with any working brain cells would be happy to see them do it again.

- Moderated, Carl

Sony want to make money by selling art, Nintendo want to make money by selling fun, Microsoft want to make money.

RealGamingExpert said:

And again you are being completely ignorant.

You said "if you want to debate then come with some logic and fulfill OP's requirements" so I did.

I wrote you a long answer and what do I get as an answer? "I don't care"

There is seriously no way to have a serious discussion with you when you are not able to answer the easiest things.

Okay. My point was PS4 has games from every genre.

Here is PS4.

1. Awesome support from third party developers. Checked.

2. Awesome first party games. Checked.

3. Japan centric games like, persona, tales series, yakuza series. Checked.

4. Anime games. Checked.

5. Charming games like, LBP, Teraway etc. Checked.

6. Third party exclusives that are for hardcore games like, Bloodborne. Checked.

7. Must have indie games like, no mans sky, rime. Checked.

Now Wii U.

1. Awesome support from third party developers. Non-existent.

2. Awesome first party games. Checked.

3. Japan centric games like, persona, tales series, yakuza series. Non-existent.

4. Anime games. Too little.

5. Charming games like, LBP, Teraway etc. Checked.

6. Third party exclusives that are for hardcore games like, Bloodborne. Non-existent.

7. Must have indie games like, no mans sky, rime. Some exists but they dont appeal much to gamers.

I am not bashing Wii U. Its a great system. But you just cant deny PS4. Even you got PS4. PS4's differenciated range of games was my point.

only777 said:
TheAdjustmentBureau said:
Only thing I would say is it sounds like Phil Spencer is putting time and money into rare classics like banjo and conker

Microsoft already pissed over Banjo, I very much doubt anyone with any working brain cells would be happy to see them do it again.

Well then they should stop making a completely different game with Banjo!

Such an awesome IP shouldn't be ignored.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert