By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - iSuppli: WTF? Part Deux

SDF's creator(s) were exposed as also being the founders of a Wii60 website. I don't remember the exact details but it is pretty well proven.

[edit: DISCLAIMER!!! There seems to be a certain amount of controversy whether SDF was a puppet of Wii60 or they were just owned by the same guy who may or may not have any preference or even game at all.]

Kotaku's source is no longer a valid Web address.  This appears to be the article:  http://myps3id.com/comments.asp?id=66

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
Sky Render said:
Wait, Sony Defense Force was revealed to be a farce? I mean, besides the fact that everybody save the most die-hard of Sony devotees called it such. I wasn't aware that the site's creators had come out and declared it such. I'd like to see the evidence for that, if it's around...
http://kotaku.com/gaming/web-of-deceit/sony-defense-force-and-wii60-share-owner-301199.php

The folks over at PS3Tag got bored and decided to do a little digging into who exactly owned the Sony Defense Force website. Seems PS3Tag is affiliated with SonyProtectionGroup.com, and were tired of getting associated with the SDF. As it turns out Narutoboy of the SPG was emailed by one Rob Foor of the Sony Defense Force regarding a link exchange. Now if you check the WHOIS info on Wii60.com, Foor's name shows up as the registrant of that domain. Both sites share names servers, and at one point they even came out of the same IP address. What this basically means is the web site that "started in May of 2006 after Sony announced the price of the PS3 would be the now infamous '$599 U.S. Dollars'" and the web site that takes pride in pictures of Xbox 360's covered in urine are run by the same guy. Way to cover your tracks. I'd compliment the SPG guys for their detective work, but Foor just made it far too easy. Commence public flogging.

We have proof that will bring to light the true nature of the owners of SonyDefenseForce.com
[PS3Tag.com]

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Oh God, here we go again. I really want to hear their justification for the Wii unselling. Looks like the 360 unsells a tiny bit too.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

I see nothing wrong with the article posted. You didnt really expect the Wii to satisfy a real gamer did you? Some Wii owners will get pretty tired of mini games and mario and uhm mario mini games and look for a more serious HD console.

So are saying that the PS3 isnt THE HD console of choice right now? Or that people who have a Wii now are just going to suck it up and go thier friends house to play GTA or CoD4 or FFXIII?

Final-Fan said:
Sky Render said:
Wait, Sony Defense Force was revealed to be a farce? I mean, besides the fact that everybody save the most die-hard of Sony devotees called it such. I wasn't aware that the site's creators had come out and declared it such. I'd like to see the evidence for that, if it's around...
http://kotaku.com/gaming/web-of-deceit/sony-defense-force-and-wii60-share-owner-301199.php

The folks over at PS3Tag got bored and decided to do a little digging into who exactly owned the Sony Defense Force website. Seems PS3Tag is affiliated with SonyProtectionGroup.com, and were tired of getting associated with the SDF. As it turns out Narutoboy of the SPG was emailed by one Rob Foor of the Sony Defense Force regarding a link exchange. Now if you check the WHOIS info on Wii60.com, Foor's name shows up as the registrant of that domain. Both sites share names servers, and at one point they even came out of the same IP address. What this basically means is the web site that "started in May of 2006 after Sony announced the price of the PS3 would be the now infamous '$599 U.S. Dollars'" and the web site that takes pride in pictures of Xbox 360's covered in urine are run by the same guy. Way to cover your tracks. I'd compliment the SPG guys for their detective work, but Foor just made it far too easy. Commence public flogging.

We have proof that will bring to light the true nature of the owners of SonyDefenseForce.com
[PS3Tag.com]

Almost as funny. Someone has a serious site called "Sonyprotectiongroup.com"

Actually I find that funnier as parodying and satire really hasn't been the same since the days of Jonathan Swift.

Well there have been good moments since then, even current moments, but most current satire just seems way overboard.  Probably the result of it going from a witty thing to a mainstream thing. 

Around the Network

Heh, so that's where it was revealed. Thanks for doing the search work on that, Final-Fan. The site was always so over-the-top pro-Sony that I did figure they must be a blatant joke. Guess I was right all along.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

DMeisterJ said:
@ darconi

Sony also said that Rumble was "last gen".

You, PS3 bandwagon fanboy. If you love this article so much, explain that graph or shaddap.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

dgm6780 said:
I see nothing wrong with the article posted. You didnt really expect the Wii to satisfy a real gamer did you? Some Wii owners will get pretty tired of mini games and mario and uhm mario mini games and look for a more serious HD console.

So are saying that the PS3 isnt THE HD console of choice right now? Or that people who have a Wii now are just going to suck it up and go thier friends house to play GTA or CoD4 or FFXIII?

You do know that even if what you say is true "real gamers" are infact the vast minority of people that own consoles right? Most people who own consoles are the one game a season casuals.

That's what so many people overlook in these things. 

dgm6780 said:

OMFG your serious aren't you? That's straight out of Wii bingo. I swear, do you know what littleman syndrome is?

It's when a guy is short, and tries to make up for it by getting into fights and talking big, ect.

You are a PS3 fanboy with littleman syndrome.

Your sales are short, and your are trying to make up for it by flaming the big dude, trying to fight him, and having the loudest mouth in the room.

I have a PS3, trust me, it's not all roses and lollypops in the land of PS3 only owners nowadays. Stop pretending your console is the best just because you want it to be.

It's called cognative dissonance.

Also, don't bandwagon jump on any article that is pro PS3. It makes you look...well, I won't flame you, but when you think that graph looks right, you might be a little "not right" in the head, if you catch my meaning. Maybe the Wii will lose userbase and shut me up, but until then, I'm telling it how it is. Straight talk. Gotta be honest, man. 

NO NO, NO NO NO.

...and finally, I hate to ask, but does that chart say that by 2011, narn console will have over a 40,000,000 userbase?

So, the Wii will never break 40,000,000 in its lifecycle. I wish I could predict that a consoles first year on the market would account for half its total sales, and make money off of it.

If anything is wrong, its those freakin' end game numbers. Even if you say the PS3 could outsell the Wii, you can't seriously believe that none of the consoles will break 40,000,000 by 2011, that's pretty much a given, hell the Wii probably will break 40,000,000 in less than a year, by the end of the next fiscal year. That'll be 2009.

Does anyone dispute that the graph might be correct? 

NO NO, NO NO NO.