By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - iSuppli: WTF? Part Deux

dgm6780 said:
i didnt say i agree with everything isupply has ever said.

i said i agree with the article. thats not that complicated. and this would have been easily avoided if the OP hadnt posted the graph with the article. the OP read an article he didnt like and wanted others to jump all over the article. but there was nothing wrong with the logic of the article. so what do you do? simple put a dumbass graph in with the post to bias anyone against the article.

http://news.spong.com/article/14814?cb=624

Seems the graph is not just put in their arbitrarily, but it is a part of their analysis 

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

@fishyjoe

the article is about PS3's growth. so ps3 owners buying Wii's has nothing to do with it. and what research do you want? as PS3's price comes down more people will buy it - thats pretty simple, right? well the "more people" part of the prior sentence includes Wii owners. xbox owners arent as likely to purchase another HD console as wii owners are to buy thier first HD console. and right now the PS3 is the HD console to get, not xbox. thats pretty much the point of the article.

no they didnt define "many wii owners".

its not that complicated, but i can see why wii fanboys would be upset. the article implies that a Wii isnt enough to satisfy some gamers. thats like calling your baby ugly - its going to piss you off. but i see the article as more of a shot at the Xbox and not the wii

Then why did they state that the PS3 will overtake the Wii in 2011, and that Wii will somehow lose consoles from its install base?

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

@avanish

that link doesnt go to Isupply. all it does is go to another article/webpage making fun of the dumb graph.

you mind as well have linked to the first page of this thread to show the graph and article are linked. even if they were, i never said the graph had any ammount of credibility.

dgm6780 said:
@avanish

that link doesnt go to Isupply. all it does is go to another article/webpage making fun of the dumb graph.

you mind as well have linked to the first page of this thread to show the graph and article are linked. even if they were, i never said the graph had any ammount of credibility.

But the graph is part of isuppli's analysis

http://www.isuppli.com/news/ 

Around the Network

it doesnt matter, the graph is retarded. but the point that wii owners will be looking for a HD console as prices come down is a valid point. i am tired of talking about the graph - especailly since i never said anything supporting that graph.

The same person, Pam Tufegdzic, was the one interviewed in the story which the graph was posted. It's perfectly fair to judge a person's current statements by their past works.

famousringo said:
Jandre002 said:
Haha you guys are funny. But you are right, professionals definitely know less than you guys on this site. Theres no WAY the unstoppable force that is the Wii will ever stop selling out.

And theres no way people could POSSIBLY see more value in the PS3. LIKE EVER! Just not possible. Stupid paid professionals.

Lol.

Anyone wanna place a bet? If the PS3 drops to atleast $299 by the end of the summer, I bet that the PS3 will sell within 2,000,000 of Wii's total yearly sales and will outsell the Wii this Christmas.

Can you turn off your reality-distortion field and link me some 'professional' analysis which in 2006 predicted that Wii would be the market leader by the end of 2007?

If you can't, then John Lucas' owns all of the 'professional' analysts.

By the way, the name of your logical fallacy is appeal to authority. And I will take your bet that the PS3 will outsell the Wii this Christmas. What stakes?

Ok heres the bet. From November to Jan 1st 09 the PS3 will sell more units worldwide than the Wii. From Jan 08 - Jan 09 the PS3's total sales will be within 2,000,000 of the Wii.

hmmm...i dont see the point of the "ps3" will eventual y win they are spouting...but this is more correct.....

lots of people tend to own more then one system...and since the ps3 will due the Hd movies now and the 360 wont....its kinda no brainer........

but then again many people who already own a ps3 are slowly being brought over to a wii

so to ipoopli i give this

Enter the ICHC online Poker Cats Contest!

Jandre002 said:

Ok heres the bet. From November to Jan 1st 09 the PS3 will sell more units worldwide than the Wii. From Jan 08 - Jan 09 the PS3's total sales will be within 2,000,000 of the Wii.

Wait so '08 sales of PS3 will be 2 million within Wii's 08 sales?  You do realize having just the first two months (Jan/Feb data) the gap is already a million?  And that was with January being slower to catch up with supply after Nintendo drained everything in December including that single week of 1.5million.  Heck the gap is probably gonna be at least 5 million before the holidays even hit.

ConsoleWiiPS3
Total