By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - iSuppli: WTF? Part Deux

this thread was about a new article from Isupply, not that older chart. the older chart was included to discredit isupply because there is nothing wrong with the current article. it says many wii owners will be looking for another, HD console. which would mean increased sales for the PS3.

I really appreciate the personal attacks on me and the deletion of any shots back at my attackers. Somehow the orginal personal attack on me remains. Wii biased mods??? why can he insult me for no reason but you delete my posts???

@avinash

hone up on your reading skills. did i ever say it would overtake the Wii? did i say anything about negative sales??

my god you people are ready to lynch someone for saying its very likely that someone that owns a Wii would also be looking for HD console.

@zen
guess you didnt get a chance to respond to my post because it got deleted. but what are you talking about?

"Your sales are short, and your are trying to make up for it by flaming the big dude, trying to fight him, and having the loudest mouth in the room."

what am i selling? who am i fighting? and why are you trying to insult me?

i own both a Wii and PS3

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
DMeisterJ said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
*article*

http://www.247wallst.com/2008/02/sonys-sne-pla-1.html

Finally a voice of reason

Halo 3 came out last year. What does that have to do with 2008? His Wii Fit thing is on, but he just glossed over a gaggle of PS3 games coming out this year, and he glossed over M$ "Supply problems", and the fact that they were outsold by PS3 last month in NA(and around the world since december), but somehow he's a "voice of reason".

lol.

His comment about PS3 being unable to overtake the Wii and the lead between the 360 and the PS3 being very formidable (at its current sales rate it would take about two years + to overtake the 360)

Judging by the website the article was posted on, I think it only discusses the situation in the USA. So before you two start a flamefest, keep this in mind.

LOL.  no flamefest tonight, I'm too tired.  But I was merely focusing on him not focusing on the PS3's defeat of XBOX 360 in NA (via NPD), and him talking about Halo 3, which came out half a year ago.

RolStoppable said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
DMeisterJ said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
*article*

Halo 3 came out last year. What does that have to do with 2008? His Wii Fit thing is on, but he just glossed over a gaggle of PS3 games coming out this year, and he glossed over M$ "Supply problems", and the fact that they were outsold by PS3 last month in NA(and around the world since december), but somehow he's a "voice of reason".

lol.

His comment about PS3 being unable to overtake the Wii and the lead between the 360 and the PS3 being very formidable (at its current sales rate it would take about two years + to overtake the 360)

Judging by the website the article was posted on, I think it only discusses the situation in the USA. So before you two start a flamefest, keep this in mind.

Perhaps, but even when taking WW sales into account, just look at the front page of VGC you see that it pretty much holds true even then, WW PS3 in the last two months outsold 360 by about 500K and was outsold by the Wii by about 1 million, at that rate it will need over two years to outsell the 360, and will not be able to overtake the Wii ever

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

dgm6780 said:
this thread was about a new article from Isupply, not that older chart. the older chart was included to discredit isupply because there is nothing wrong with the current article. it says many wii owners will be looking for another, HD console. which would mean increased sales for the PS3.

I really appreciate the personal attacks on me and the deletion of any shots back at my attackers. Somehow the orginal personal attack on me remains. Wii biased mods??? why can he insult me for no reason but you delete my posts???

@avinash

hone up on your reading skills. did i ever say it would overtake the Wii? did i say anything about negative sales??

my god you people are ready to lynch someone for saying its very likely that someone that owns a Wii would also be looking for HD console.

@zen
guess you didnt get a chance to respond to my post because it got deleted. but what are you talking about?

"Your sales are short, and your are trying to make up for it by flaming the big dude, trying to fight him, and having the loudest mouth in the room."

what am i selling? who am i fighting? and why are you trying to insult me?

i own both a Wii and PS3

Sorry but you are the one who needs to learn to read, you asked what was wrong about the article, if you look at the graph you will see what is wrong, it has PS3 overtaking the Wii and the Wii having negative sales, that is what is wrong with the article, hence why I asked you if you really believed that those things would ever happen

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

the article doesnt go with the graph.

Around the Network

The graph is also from isuppli

Avinash_Tyagi said:
RolStoppable said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
DMeisterJ said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
*article*

lol.

Perhaps, but even when taking WW sales into account, just look at the front page of VGC you see that it pretty much holds true even then, WW PS3 in the last two months outsold 360 by about 500K and was outsold by the Wii by about 1 million, at that rate it will need over two years to outsell the 360, and will not be able to overtake the Wii ever

Sales rates can and do change.  Even though at current rates, it would take 2 years for PS3 to outsell the 360, I think sometime mid-to late 2009 is going to be more likely the case worldwide.  MS will cut their price, Sony will cut their price as well (they were able to profit last quarter).  Unless MS really has something that will get a different group of people to like it as much as the American Halo group, I don't see them not being destined for third place.

Oh yeah, and that article you provided, COD4 has taken over Halo in terms of popularity. 

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

dgm6780 said:

Except there is no reseach to backup this claim. Nor did they even attempt to explore the counter argument that PS3 and 360 owners might buy Wii's because of the games. It's just guessing.

And they don't even define what 'many Wii owners' means. Is that hundreds? Thousands? Millions? 

i didnt say i agree with everything isupply has ever said.

i said i agree with the article. thats not that complicated. and this would have been easily avoided if the OP hadnt posted the graph with the article. the OP read an article he didnt like and wanted others to jump all over the article. but there was nothing wrong with the logic of the article. so what do you do? simple put a dumbass graph in with the post to bias anyone against the article.

FinalEvangelion said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
RolStoppable said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
DMeisterJ said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
*article*

lol.

Perhaps, but even when taking WW sales into account, just look at the front page of VGC you see that it pretty much holds true even then, WW PS3 in the last two months outsold 360 by about 500K and was outsold by the Wii by about 1 million, at that rate it will need over two years to outsell the 360, and will not be able to overtake the Wii ever

Sales rates can and do change.  Even though at current rates, it would take 2 years for PS3 to outsell the 360, I think sometime mid-to late 2009 is going to be more likely the case worldwide.  MS will cut their price, Sony will cut their price as well (they were able to profit last quarter).  Unless MS really has something that will get a different group of people to like it as much as the American Halo group, I don't see them not being destined for third place.

Oh yeah, and that article you provided, COD4 has taken over Halo in terms of popularity. 

Sales rate change, sure, as they can change for the 360 and Wii as well, which are both closer to mass market pricing than the PS3, I feel that I am being generous in my estimate of the PS3 sales rate

I wasn't referring to the Halo 3 comment part of the article when i called it the voice of reason, just the Part about the 360 and Wii leads being formidable, and the unlikelihood of PS3 getting to first place