By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 1080p 60fps is far from impossible

KLAMarine said:

Of course the new consoles can but they'd have to surrender something on the graphics end and you know those casuals!

"Eww, look at those graaaaaphiiiics! That game is now baaaaaad! This other game here has better graphics with that cinematic feel! It says so on the box!"

It's a sad fact but casuals = $$$ and what do casuals know about frame rate and resolutions? Insomniac Games itself once mentioned how the frame rate of a game didn't affect sales of a game or reviews of a game. Give casuals that 'cinematic feel' and they're happy.

Yea thats what i ment..Less graphics better performance.  i  stil think games like  god of war 3 and beyond 2 souls look amazing!

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Around the Network
Zekkyou said:
cpg716 said:
Diablo III: Reaper of Souls, FIFA Soccer 14, Forza Motorsport 5, Minecraft, NBA 2K14, Outlast, Skylanders: Swap Force, Sniper Elite 3...

What do these games have in common? All on Xbox One.. All 1080p/60FPS. So .. your title is false.

But his title says it is possible... :p

On a side note, Sniper Elite III isn't 1080p/60fps on the X1. It's 1080p/30~60fps and has an appalling amount of screen tearing. Fortunately they added a 30fps lock mode though, which gets rid of the tearing.

The PS4 version is closer (1080p/40~60fps with no tearing, and some better AF), but i wouldn't really describe that as 1080p/60fps either.

The game could have done with better optimization all round to be honest.

Not fair since one of the MODS changed it.. lol ..  Now my post makes less sense.. 

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m

xl-klaudkil said:
KLAMarine said:

Of course the new consoles can but they'd have to surrender something on the graphics end and you know those casuals!

"Eww, look at those graaaaaphiiiics! That game is now baaaaaad! This other game here has better graphics with that cinematic feel! It says so on the box!"

It's a sad fact but casuals = $$$ and what do casuals know about frame rate and resolutions? Insomniac Games itself once mentioned how the frame rate of a game didn't affect sales of a game or reviews of a game. Give casuals that 'cinematic feel' and they're happy.

Yea thats what i ment..Less graphics better performance.  i  stil think games like  god of war 3 and beyond 2 souls look amazing!

Plenty of last gen games still look amazing to me too.

Hell, I can still boot up Mario Galaxy, a game that came out 7 years ago on hardware that was outdated and underpowered even then, and it's still a thing of beauty.

As for 1080p/60fps, it's simply a matter of tradeoffs. Xbone can do it fine with a game like Forza 5, but not if you want to achieve Ryse level fidelity. Even on PS4, you could achieve better geometry/materials/detail at 900p/30fps than at 1080P/60fps.

Possible but makes no actual difference to me if they do or not

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

the2real4mafol said:
Possible but makes no actual difference to me if they do or not

I dont care about it to some people  missed the point i wanted to make.

EDF on the psvita and ps2 is a game i had so much fun with yet the framerate sucked monkey balls.

But the game could have been better if the framerate whas solid 30FPS.

Graphics are important  part of a game but nowadays people tend to think its the MOST important part of the game.. and gameplay suffers from that.

My youtube gaming page.

Around the Network

metal gear solid 5 with 1080p and 60 fps on ps4 : D

KazumaKiryu said:
metal gear solid 5 with 1080p and 60 fps on ps4 : D

Yea and its open world and looks amazing!

The ps4 is not even 1 year old here in holland its impossible that dev already put out 100%  of what it can handle.

My youtube gaming page.

You are wrong OP

The PS4/ONE cannot handle 1080p @ 60fps at the gfx quality people are expecting.

The sad truth is people care way more about visuals than the other components of the game these days.

curl-6 said:

Plenty of last gen games still look amazing to me too.

Hell, I can still boot up Mario Galaxy, a game that came out 7 years ago on hardware that was outdated and underpowered even then, and it's still a thing of beauty.

Art style! Art style ages very well.

Cobretti2 said:
You are wrong OP

The PS4/ONE cannot handle 1080p @ 60fps at the gfx quality people are expecting.

The sad truth is people care way more about visuals than the other components of the game these days.

i think i even remember a ps1 game that runed at 60 fps...ofcourse the ps4 and xone CAN handle it..but indeed not with amazing graphics but  then again....mgs5+ uncharted 4  says hello

My youtube gaming page.