By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 1080p 60fps is far from impossible

MikeRox said:
DM235 said:
daredevil.shark said:

You have completely missed my point. My point was every single ps3 games should have run at dual 1080p "accoring to sony's claim" but instead we get nothing (except this game). How does it feel? I feel betrayed when PS3 came out. Fortunately I didnt purchased it at that time.

A ps2 port running at 1080p 60fps in ps3? Is it impressive. Nope. Not at all.

Why are your putting PC here? Did I mentioned PC? Nope. Please read my comment. Plus here everyone knows I am pro playstation gamer yet I am saying these.

And you cant deny my points because sony promised and didnt deliver theose features.

I spent a bit of time searching for it, and I did not find a single article where Sony said that every single PS3 game should run at dual 1080p.  When Sony previewed the PS3 at E3 2005, they said the system would support dual HDMI outputs, which would allow an extended display, or a status screen, or a dedicated voice chat window ("allow" does not mean "promise").  None of the games shown at E3 2005 used this feature.  At E3 2006, before the release of the PS3, Sony showed the redesigned PS3 console, and it only had one HDMI port.

As for games that run at 1080p, there is a listing at Beyond3D that lists native resolutions of many PS3 games, and quite a few run at 1080p.

http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?p=1113342

Wasn't the big "scandal" 120fps and next gen starts when we say so from Sony for the PS3?

Promises of CGI quality visuals were actually for the PS2 where they stated the graphics would be "Toy Story quality".

hell, everyone hypes their systems though apart from Nintendo. If you fall for it that's more on you for not having realistic expectations.

The bigger scandal was $599, and the power of the Cell, which obviously didn't translate into much better looking games. It did run Folding @ Home really well though :)

Around the Network

I did some more digging, and it looks like the only game from last gen to run native 1080p (without using dynamic resolutions) and 60 fps was Ridge Racer 7. The frame rate was not locked, and it would occasionally dip (sometimes as low as in the 30s).

Of course the new consoles can but they'd have to surrender something on the graphics end and you know those casuals!

"Eww, look at those graaaaaphiiiics! That game is now baaaaaad! This other game here has better graphics with that cinematic feel! It says so on the box!"

It's a sad fact but casuals = $$$ and what do casuals know about frame rate and resolutions? Insomniac Games itself once mentioned how the frame rate of a game didn't affect sales of a game or reviews of a game. Give casuals that 'cinematic feel' and they're happy.

Double Post

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

Around the Network

All developers need to stop saying what any game from now on is for res and frame rate. Just show the game. A friend of mine for example saw ryse at launch. He didn't have any next gen console yet. He was blown away saying its the bed thing he saw. Better than his friends killzone. He said man I love 1080p. I said to him dude its 900p. With that he said I thought 1080p was supposed to look better? What's killzone then? I told him 1080p single player. He left confused as hell as to why 900p looked better to him when that contradicted what he was told.

That says everything

double post

daredevil.shark said:

First of all I am a pro playstation guy. Now here are my points for OT. Please dont respond without accurate info.

1. Sony "promised" dual 1080p output for all ps3 games. In reality its impossible for ps4. They deceived us.
2. Sony promised CGI type graphics for ps3 games but in reality we have seen how it turned out to be.
3. 99% multiplats performed poorly in ps3. Example, red dead redemption was 640p in ps3 with various issues.

That games 1080p performance is like rubbing salt in the old wound. I am not bashing Sony. But stating some facts.

Lol, i found this comment funny because it's like i went back to the past using time machine and discussing on the forums about PS3 and also OP using PS3 games for the image ^_^

FATALITY said:

Yup perfect examples of 1080p games running on 60fps, open world , real life CG look, and this is multyplatform games. :) never doubt the power of Japanese developer :).

TheAdjustmentBureau said:
All developers need to stop saying what any game from now on is for res and frame rate. Just show the game. A friend of mine for example saw ryse at launch. He didn't have any next gen console yet. He was blown away saying its the bed thing he saw. Better than his friends killzone. He said man I love 1080p. I said to him dude its 900p. With that he said I thought 1080p was supposed to look better? What's killzone then? I told him 1080p single player. He left confused as hell as to why 900p looked better to him when that contradicted what he was told.

That says everything

Really doesn't surprise me.

I remember people commenting on how great HDTVs looked when they were watching SD content on them. They actually thought everything was in HD on a HDTV regardless.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.