By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dragon Age 3: Inquisition Will Run at 1080p on PS4, 900p on Xbox One

mysticwolf said:
not like you can really tell the difference between 900 and 1080p anyway... unless you have a huge tv or something. But whatevs

I wish more people would see it this way. We'd get ALL games at 1080p on the PS4 and 900p on the XB1 and everyone would be happy.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
Damagon said:
Yeah it's all great now but EA just shot themselves on the foot with that statement. What will they say now when they inevitably release a future game at 900 or less on the PS4?

Artistic choice?

How have they shot themselves in the foot?  If they release a different game on the PS4 and its say 900p and the Xbox version is say 720p then its still technically developing a game to the max of the consoles capabilities.

PREDICTIONS FOR END OF 2015: (Made Jan 1st 2015)

PS4 - 34M - XB1 - 21m - WII U -12M

How are these kind of threads the most successful threads in gaming forums? Damn, what has gaming come to^^

Damagon said:
Yeah it's all great now but EA just shot themselves on the foot with that statement. What will they say now when they inevitably release a future game at 900 or less on the PS4?

Artistic choice?

then they put their priorities to other stuff which is demanding for the console so that they couldn't achieve 1080p on PS4. Not sure how it would be shooting themselves in the foot to say something like "we could have 1080p or xy which we have in this game and we thought xy will be more important in this case"

I mean, personally it would make me very happy to see if developers would lookt at every game and concept from case to case and decide if they should really go 1080p if that would mean that they have to sacrifice something else they could implement with only 900p or even 720p on PS4. Wouldn't mean that the PS4 version would still have a higher res as on XBO (ok, with 720p probably both consoles would have that then) or that it would simply have something like better anti-aliasing and lighting on PS4.

Very happy with this news, I didn't pay €400 for a PS4 to buy games that developers are holding back on. Out of principle I will be gettin AC Unity sometime next year second hand.

The next big Ubi game that MS has an exclusive advertising deal for will be telling. Especially if companies like EA keep and Activision keep pumping out games that are superior on the superior hardware.

EA let someguys downgrade the xbone version in a few days just to get a hit on Ubi^^

Around the Network

I have never played dragon age games, but I wish I had. Will I be able to play this without having played the previous titles and not be completely lost?

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Mystro-Sama said:
I still haven't heard anything about framerate.

its an RPG I would prefer 30 FPS if that means the optimized other graphic categories.

walsufnir said:
FATALITY said:
walsufnir said:
For gods sake, can't imagine the shitstorm otherwise.

the weak console here is the xbone.

You are a genius realizing this so early this gen.

Smart people need years to realize things like this.

LemonSlice said:
GribbleGrunger said:
Hopefully MS can help them get the XB1 up to 1080p too and then everyone is happy. This is how it should be.

No, everyone will deal with it. That's how it should be.

what is that supposed to mean? To me in this instance "deal with it" is just not buy the product. I doupt that is what the Publishers are shooting for. You always want to sell the best product you can which is why UBI's position is so baffling.

bigjon said:
I have never played dragon age games, but I wish I had. Will I be able to play this without having played the previous titles and not be completely lost?

Probably as you play completely different characters in each game. Although you may want to have a quick read-up on previous events in the wiki so you know what's happening in the general Dragon Age world.