By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dragon Age 3: Inquisition Will Run at 1080p on PS4, 900p on Xbox One

Lol two different games though. Now EA will be praised while just a few weeks ago they were getting shat on for little insignificant shit.

Around the Network

I like this!, everything is going as planned wuahaha

Hated Unity from the first time I saw what was going to be in terms of gameplay(only jumping around and running)

Loved Inquisition the first time I saw the gameplay and the dragon appeared, it looked awesome!(open world, lots of exploration and dragons!)

FATALITY said:
Hynad said:
FATALITY said:

i never said he said that. i just find it funny when people like him that is always in foruns throughtout internet, pretends that is so hard to hear/read

those types of claims, and than came saying ''who are those people bla bla bla''

Well, maybe on the whole internet. But we're on VGC. He's asking who here, on VGC, is like that. There's no hypocrisy in his comment.

lol

I feel like Moe in my desire to bonk your heads together, Hynad, you're Larry. FATALITY, you're Curly.

Now lay off it you knuckleheads.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

FATALITY said:
Hynad said:
FATALITY said:

this.

that hypocrizy is annoying. 

What hypocrisy? Kowen isn't one of those who say the systems are the same power-wise.

i never said he said that. i just find it funny when people like him that is always in foruns throughtout internet, pretends that is so hard to hear/read

those types of claims, and than came saying ''who are those people bla bla bla''

Well to be fair it was only one person that I know of saying the hardware is identical, and that person is a particular fan of bread heated in a vertical grill, and it was without a doubt a statment made for the purposes of baiting, not a claim made with any genuine sincerity, and it certainly baited a few people. Quite why any one is ever baited by such statements is what amazes me. I understand the impulse to respond to such baiting, but 3 deep breaths is all it takes move on to laugh and ignore and respond to meaningful posts.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

I still haven't heard anything about framerate.

Around the Network

I think this is going to be GotY and wanted a physical copy so glad PS4 version isn't being gimped.

EA said they maximized the potential of each console. That should make everyone happy.

great bioware!!!

CosmicSex said:
EA said they maximized the potential of each console. That should make everyone happy.

Wich is the whole point behinf the AC Unity debacle. If it was possibel to make it better on XOne and not PS4 by whatever mean than do it, if it was the other way around also do it, dont just get a version thats working on both plataforms and call it a day and not even try to optmize.

Intrinsic said:
and to think that some people thought this was all a small thing that would blow over cause a bunch of whiny people on the forums were bitching about what ubisoft said.

I am beginning to think that people like that are really outta touch with the world we live in today and how big social media really is.

Well, some of those are the same that thought the One would be fine because it was just fans of other systems on the internet using DRM and Kinect as an excuse to bash it.  And that One would easily take the US and UK, again.  Hopefully now they will learn, the internet is a powerful thing and is used by more than just gaming nerds.

CDiablo said:

So I see this as more proof that Ubi cant do Unity at 1080. Unity seems to be much more demanding. They may have skipped on doing 900/60 on PS4 though and X1 will likely have less lighting effects, AA and so on. As for BF4, that was just EA putting out the junk they had with that game IMO, I am certain they could have made/patched it to 1080 on PS4.

I wouldnt be surprised as we move more colser to current gen you will see a lot more 720(X1)/900(PS4) games. They skimped on the power this gen and I think it will show in time.

If you actually saw Infamous:SS in action, you wouldn't be saying those types of things.  While Unity looks pretty good, it is hardly pulling off the kind of demanding effects that Infamous is.  Infamous runs at a higher res and framerate, as well.  The fact is, games are going to get even better looking AND stay at 1080p on the PS4, like UC4.  It's just much more capable at pulling it off.  What Ubisoft did was purposely hold back the PS4 version of Unity to be on par with the XBO.  And we're talking about a change in res that probably wouldn't take much to pull off, seeing as so many other devs have done it with ease.

Though, Ubisoft has said now that the res is no longer a lock.  So, how much you wanna bet it will launch at 1080p on the PS4, or at least have a Day 1 patch,  and still look exactly like those vids they released?

@ OP

Damn, Bioware.  Shots fired, indeed.  Can't wait to see how Ubisoft responds to this.