By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top 25 Hack 'n' Slash Games.

Tagged games:

What's your favourite hack 'n' slash game series?

God of War 106 54.36%

Devil May Cry 12 6.15%

Ninja Gaiden 8 4.10%

Bayonetta 48 24.62%

Onimusha 4 2.05%

Darksiders 3 1.54%

Other... 12 6.15%

Total:193

I'm not a fan of the genre, but it makes me puke that GOW is so damn high when its probably the least engaging hack n slash series ever.

My top 5 would be something like -
Ninja Gaiden Black & 2 (fuck Sigma)
DMC
Shadow of Mordor
Darksiders

Pic relevant. 

Around the Network

well if we follow, the Rating, 

Only The first was better than the new DMC :p

if we take the first serie(all the score), they got an average score of 82,25 conterpart 86 

Sooo number doesnt lie, the new installment is better than the last one ;).

And onimusha hand beat the crap out of DMC but once again its a question of taste ;).

MrFakeLeather said:
artur-fernand said:
MrFakeLeather said:
Come on people, a basic understand of math's should tell you that OP fudged the numbers, DMC has a higher average than GOW2 and 3

> Say people should have a basic understading of math

> Proceeds to affirm that 85+86 > 92+92

Edit: Nevermind, you're talking about the first DMC, not the reboot. But the GoW games have more reviews though, so the ranking is correct.

Fair but "Average is based on the aggregate using the most reviews" makes no sense average and aggregate both mean to work out the average of a number.

This isn't merging two complete lists, it's cuting bits from one and bits from the other.

It's really not that difficult to comprehend, let me eductate you:

The 'aggregate' in this context is obviously the sites gathering review scores to give us an average. Good?

Now, GameRankings and Metacritic are the most popular review aggregate sites and they both use different publications. So if a game averages 90% based on 50 reviews on one site and 87% based on 100 reviews on the other, I'd go for the site using more reviews since a larger sample size more accurately generalises the groups opinon.

Done.

Legacy of Kain and Bloodrayne

GTAexpert said:
bubblegamer said:
GTAexpert said:
bubblegamer said:
God of War on top as deserved. My GOD what an orgasmic franchise!!! Kratos return pleasee

Kratos should not return, but GOW definitely should.

Well i agree. But your and my imagination is limited hence the thought. A good writer could make him comeback with a good reason we haven't thought off.

There isn't much that can be done with Kratos, even good writers have their limits. I'd rather have a new hero in a new myythology and with a new primary weapon.

I'd miss Kratos too much.  Seriously this fan art just makes me wants to guide him through another epic adventure:

I think he still has so much potential as a character. They need to reinvent him a bit, keep the rage but make him more thoughtful and MAYBE more compassionate... maybe. Also make his quest more than just for revenge and atonement, something else to drive him forward. 

Around the Network
foodfather said:

I'm not a fan of the genre, but it makes me puke that GOW is so damn high when its probably the least engaging hack n slash series ever.

My top 5 would be something like -
Ninja Gaiden Black & 2 (fuck Sigma)
DMC
Shadow of Mordor
Darksiders

Pic relevant. 

That is only relevant when you play it on easy mode

badgenome said:
Where's X-Blades?!

In our hearts

Well, I'm off to listen to the GoW soundtrack. Which is the best?

KLAMarine said:
Well, I'm off to listen to the GoW soundtrack. Which is the best?

Vengeful Spartan.

smroadkill15 said:

How can you forget ninja gaiden black? http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox/ninja-gaiden-black

No expanded re-releases sir! Only the originals stand, not fair for all the other games that didn't get another chance to improve, right?