By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top 25 Hack 'n' Slash Games.

Tagged games:

What's your favourite hack 'n' slash game series?

God of War 106 54.36%

Devil May Cry 12 6.15%

Ninja Gaiden 8 4.10%

Bayonetta 48 24.62%

Onimusha 4 2.05%

Darksiders 3 1.54%

Other... 12 6.15%

Total:193

God of War is one of my favorite series. I'm only missing Ascension, though I'm hoping to be able to buy it at the end of the year.

Granted, I have a pretty negligible experience with the genre, despite being one of my favorites. Other than GoW, I've played Darksiders 1, Metal Gear Rising, Dante's Inferno... and yeah that's it. I still didn't have the chance to play any of the other games on this list, sadly.

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
My favorites
1. Onimusha series
2. God of War series
3. Ninja Gaiden series
4. Devil May Cry series
5. Dynasty Warriors series
Also I'm pretty sure that Bayonetta 2's final score will be good enough to knock one of those games out of the top 20.

I want an Onimusha HD colletion or a proper reboot SO freaking badly! Such an amazing series!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

I concur with the listing. God Of War is absolutely awesome. Before that though was Devil May Cry. My boy Dante was sword playing, busting caps, and devil triggering before it became popular.

Onimusha should have definitely had an HD treatment. I believe that game would sell.

I swear for Capcom to have all of those sweet titles under their belt...they don't use them very well at all. They could make a fortune off of them if they reintroduced. Oh well.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Where's Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance? 83.55 Gameranking and 83 meta, unless this is your own personal list.

MGR got missed.

I also think it's a crime against humanity that DmC scored higher than and Darksiders 2 scored equal to DMC3.

Around the Network

More like god of war: the list. Amirite?

Is Diablo considered a hack and slash or just a click a thon?

DmC is the best in the series.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
DMC was such a good series until their latest one T_T

(Why yes, I am one of those turds that complain about the hair! He made Dante more emo damn it! He needs the hair!!!)

Do not lie mano. The first is one of the best game ever. The second is sheepshit, the third is good but way too much overthetop and the forth was completely off. This serie was dead prior the shitty last one.

On the subject : God of war is now better than the first Devil May Cry, and this is why I can't take those shit seriousely.

axumblade said:
sethnintendo said:
Is Diablo considered a hack and slash or just a click a thon?

According to wikipedia, it's a hack and slash. But it's also listed as an action roleplaying game as well. Genre's are always such blurred lines these days though. 

I remember when Smeags was trying to make one of his lists last year and we were having difficulty distinguishing the differences between Action, Action Adventure and Adventure. x.o 

Some reason Zelda popped into my head.  People have a hard time stating what genre it falls into.  I would consider it action adventure but apparently wiki says there is debate that people want to classify it as action role playing game.   On the side though on top it state action adventure.