By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - September 2014 NPD Thread! Everything is up!

Why isn't OP updated yet? 

numbers for X1 & PS4 have leaked already...

Around the Network

WoW apparently neogaf is so shitty there is an entire twitter dedicated to showing the the truly shitty ones lol https://twitter.com/NeoGAFShitPosts

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

Nicklesbe said:
WoW apparently neogaf is so shitty there is an entire twitter dedicated to showing the the truly shitty ones lol https://twitter.com/NeoGAFShitPosts

To be fair that could apply to virtually every forum on the Internet, but gaf has a huge sample size.  There are also some epic intentional trolls there that aim for 11/10 megatroll parody posts. 

Willitbeenough said:
prinz_valium said:
Ps4 ans xb1 undertracked

Destiny massively overtracked.
And I was right. Xb1 destiny standalone > ps4
Overall ps4 destiny just 100 unitits more

I'm just shocked by the 530k ps4 number. Never expected that. Ps4 still not slowing down. It has to. Otherwise the gaming market is in big trouble

Just ignore that Microsoft gave away Destiny for free to counter the Sony Marketing Deal with Bungie.Perfectly fine

And why is gaming in trouble?
PS1+PS2 Era were 2 of the best Gens of all time.Its the best case scenario for every gamer if Sony rules this market.
Especially if Developers see a Community is big and united this could mean a lot more variety in games which is good.
I gladly wish Nintendo would find back to old strenght but sadly this won't happen in the near future.
But otherwise this Gen is amazing and i hope the PS4 is able to continue this way.
And after what Sony experienced with the PS3 they won't get cocky anymore either - They are now fully aware if you screw up you lose a lot.
Now they just have to keep an eye on what Microsoft does and counter their bundles and upcoming pricedrops in a smart way.

Just for information
What are the estimates for September Worldwide right now?Close to 1,5 Million?

I like this line of thought. Instead of hardware competition we get software competition. I prefer software competition, where developers will have to release better games. They won't sell games because of exclusivity deals.  

So can someone summarise for me what's going on with GAF and this Aquamarine? I just saw a bunch of weird posts, all capitalised, and I'm not gonna read thousands of posts to find out what happened.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:

Personally, I find your posts and your seemingly relentless efforts kinda sad. I mean its so obvious and has been so consistent that its actually really disheartening. 

You selectively decide when to and what numbers from VGC to believe, then you also decide what numbers from NPD to take... usually, you only ever take or dismiss numbers that align with whatever point you are trying to make at the time. Sorry, who am I kidding? Your usual point of how PS4 isn't or hasn't sold as much as it has, the XB1 has sold more than it has and that sony are lying because they announced certain numbers or cause they didn't announce certain feats loud enough for you. You say sony would have screamed this or that to the rooftops, isn't them saying they sold three times more in september than they did the month before bragging enough?

Truth be told is that there is no point getting into weekly or monthly sale discussions with you, its redundant. For better or worse you need a much much much larger time base and margins. So I think the sane thing to do is to wait for like say 3 years when there is a lead that you cannot deny, dismiss or argue with anymore. 

I mean how do you argue with someone that only believes, values and is waiting for the one single metric that does not actually paint an accurate picture on sales simply cause its the only thing we don't get every month/week.

Nothing I can do if you refuse to understant time and time again how I deal with any number and predition.

I´m tired to explain. But I think you just see my post and think I´m Toastboy.

No, I´m not.

THAT IS WHAT I´M AGAINST!

I´m against people with no back information or reseanable qualification spreding FUD.

I was the one point that always online wasn´t a problem and digital distribuition was how the market should move. And here we have the biggest game so far into the generation is a always online, and with a 136% boost in hardware sales software retailed droped 30% YoY.

I use the numbers we have it´s better using VGChartz or Neogaf other than put the numbers out of my ass. I don´t have any agenda.

I´m not the one saying publishers should stop supporting the pittifull XOne or cheering for the return of the good old days of PS and PS2 domination (that won´t happen).

Those guys are fighting for a shrinking piece of tech market. Again, Apple sold 10mi iPhones in 2 days, it sells 100mi every year. Android sells for times that number. Even Nokia was doing at least 10mi Lumia per year.

Sorry for digress. 

But I´m the guy who liked the original XOne vision fo disc base games. And I feel the PS4 success is a swan song of a dying state of mind of old fat guys that feel pride things don´t change.

prinz_valium said:
Ps4 ans xb1 undertracked

Destiny massively overtracked.
And I was right. Xb1 destiny standalone > ps4
Overall ps4 destiny just 100 unitits more

I'm just shocked by the 530k ps4 number. Never expected that. Ps4 still not slowing down. It has to. Otherwise the gaming market is in big trouble

NOPE!

Having 3 poorly selling console would mean the gaming market is in big trouble, the other 2 just need to pick up the pace. Wishing the leader to slow down is just silly. 

I'm sorry DF, but you just seem incredibly salty all the time. Even in that post you deny the probability that we ARE looking at another PS1/PS2 style gen. WiiU is struggling, and XBO is basically dead outside of US/UK (and losing notably in both of those). Further, the XBO numbers are HEAVILY front-loaded. If you look at 2014 exclusively, PS4 is around 3:1 (higher in EU).

NeoGaf, for all the zaniness, IS the home of reliable NPD leaks, and has been for ages. There is no argument against that unless you just can't stand to see Xbox losing so badly. The rest of your post is just a complaint, trying to minimize things as best you can. 'A dying state of mind', 'old fat guys', etc, it's just a bunch of salty shit. Yes, of course, PS4 didn't just have the biggest September NPD of all time or anything.

The particular thing about your post and consistently contrarian postings is that you contradict yourself.

"I´m against people with no back information or reseanable qualification spreding FUD."

Really? REALLY?

Dark_Feanor said:

Those guys are fighting for a shrinking piece of tech market. Again, Apple sold 10mi iPhones in 2 days, it sells 100mi every year. Android sells for times that number. Even Nokia was doing at least 10mi Lumia per year.

Sorry for digress. 

But I´m the guy who liked the original XOne vision fo disc base games. And I feel the PS4 success is a swan song of a dying state of mind of old fat guys that feel pride things don´t change.

Wait what???? well... guess it all makes sense now.

I don't understand though... what has mobile phone sales got to do with anything? 

Intrinsic said:

I don't understand though... what has mobile phone sales got to do with anything? 

There is a clear correlation if you consider the gravitational pull of the moon during the 3rd quarter every year.

Or something along those lines.