By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - September 2014 NPD Thread! Everything is up!

So no sugar yet?

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
Boutros said:
190k for Hyrule Warriors is including digital sales though. So everything below HW sold even less than that.

Ouch.  I wonder if FH will even leg it to 1.5M+, like the first one.

Leadified said:

Wait, the SF Ranking sales doesn't count bundles right? Because there was a FIFA and NFL 15 bundle for the Xbox One. Maybe that explains the low sales?

Not really.  At least not for Madden, since it was confirmed (edit: last month) the PS4 version outsold the XBO version, even when including the bundles.  I'm sure the same goes for FIFA.

Rafux said:
bluemd said:
It's incredible that there are people paying patcher for his "analysis".

Like he have said before companies pay him for his analysis no for his predictions, he is mostly wrong and he knows it thats why he gives them for free

Analysis and predictions go hand in hand, though.  An analyst must give their educated opinion about what current trends and recent developments mean for the future.  If he's this wrong on things your average forum poster would know, or that there was even going to be a gen 8, he really shouldn't have a job.  The only reason I think he does is because he represents people even more ill informed than himself. 

Analysis aren't predictions, is he was so bad at his job a Wedbush he woul be fired already. He himself has stated that he would say outrageous things to cause a rise on people and that the worst prediction he made was saying Red Dead Redemption won't sell cause it doesn't have as many weapons as a sandbox game set in a modern setting.

Stop talking about him a he will go away.

And we were right, like always, on amazon being the most reliable source, it was obvious that PS4 was undertracked by a lot.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Neogaf thread right now:

That's even better than 360 during Halo 3 release ! http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/106869/NPD_Halo_3_Drives_Xbox_360_Sales_Above_Wii_In_September.php

Destiny is really huge

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network
Angelv577 said:
Nice ps4 numbers, definitely above anyone expectations.

Not for me, I was expecting around 600k or maybe more before Microsoft countered with 'any free game' timed deal, which was a brilliant move imho. It didn't give MS the win, but I'm sure it convinced a pretty solid batch of folks who weren't brand loyal (USA is notoriously not brand loyal, so it makes sense).

MoHasanie said:
Purple said:

NPD Threads on GAF are very tough to read.

Sore losers, sore winners and a million unfunny gifs and jpegs. It's like only 5% of the GAF community is capable of reading and writing.

Hyrule Warriors did okay. Will need a really strong christmas to reach that million they were hopeful for.

Very few people on that site understand sales numbers, shipped numbers etc. 

On the plus side, you can ignore everyone else and simply go to the gold : AquaMarine and the other legit people in the know.

I agree about the rest, it's mostly just uninformed fans and trolls everywhere.

Was there ever a doubt? The PS4 is just cruising at this point. So far, any attempts by MS to out due Sony have not work (but it has given Xb1 a great boost nevertheless)

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Aerys said:
That's even better than 360 during Halo 3 release ! http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/106869/NPD_Halo_3_Drives_Xbox_360_Sales_Above_Wii_In_September.php

Destiny is really huge

What's even more impressive about that, is that the 360 had : a long head start, and a much better price than PS3 at the time.

September 2007 PS3 was $499 for 60GB, and $599 for 80GB. In October they dropped the 60GB, and moved the 80GB price to $499.

So 360 had a more advantageous situation than PS4 does now.

For Sept 2014, PS4 was $399 no game, or $449 with one game, while X1 was $399 + game, and for a week $399 + two games (including the bundle game for PS4, lol).

Arkaign said:
MoHasanie said:
Purple said:

NPD Threads on GAF are very tough to read.

Sore losers, sore winners and a million unfunny gifs and jpegs. It's like only 5% of the GAF community is capable of reading and writing.

Hyrule Warriors did okay. Will need a really strong christmas to reach that million they were hopeful for.

Very few people on that site understand sales numbers, shipped numbers etc. 

On the plus side, you can ignore everyone else and simply go to the gold : AquaMarine and the other legit people in the know.

I agree about the rest, it's mostly just uninformed fans and trolls everywhere.

Still pretty hard even though I expected it.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank