By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The Mod Team: Questions, Comments, Concerns? Ask Here!

JayWood2010 said:

Me and Smeags were definitely in contact and as usual very dismissive and "er..." deal with it attitude. There is a difference between trolling to get a rise out of somebody and trolling to be funny. Both are trolling none the less. I wasnt even upset with Don but did report the thread that you all completely ignore. Ive seen some pretty dumb moderation on this site and this ranks up there with the top and to know that the mods agreed makes it all the more laughable.  

PS.  Did not call it malicious.  And i know you guys are well aware that i edited my comment to say that and it wasnt originally what it said

I think what the mods are trying to say is that it isnt really trolling because it wasnt a malicious or a baiting joke, just an attempt at humor.  I agree with them to a degree, trolling can have some pretty broad definitions though.  Like the mods have said though, you probably should have just reported and moved on.  I dont think it ever does anyone any good to say either they are a troll or that their thread is trolling.  Some people might not care, but I'm sure somebody did and that is why your post was reported.

Anyway, its just a warning, so take it as such.  They warned you of a line that you crossed (calling a thread a troll thread) so now you know that can recive moderation in the future.  They slapped your wrist, now lets think happy holiday thoughts and move on.  Dragon age is awesome by the way!

Around the Network
gergroy said:

Should've been a mod...

gergroy said:
JayWood2010 said:

Anyway, its just a warning, so take it as such.  They warned you of a line that you crossed (calling a thread a troll thread) so now you know that can recive moderation in the future.  They slapped your wrist, now lets think happy holiday thoughts and move on.  Dragon age is awesome by the way!

Its the principal of the matter.  For once id like to see them admit to being wrong.  Ive literally seen them sweep things under the rug to save face.  I wont mention the user but there was originally a user banned for 14 days, a ban that shouldnt have happened.  People disagreed with it including me.  That ban was lifted after so many days and then stated in this thread that the ban was always 7 days (or something like that) when it wasnt.  That user sent me a PM telling me thanks after they lifted the ban and told me that they had lifted it and he was not going to say anything about it, which is the only reason i wont say who it was publicly.  The mods may or may not know who im talking about.  But for once id like to see the mods admit to a mistake instead of being dismissive and placing blame on others.

*Sound Of Rain said:
gergroy said:

Should've been a mod...

Maybe someday...

*Sound Of Rain said:
gergroy said:

Should've been a mod...

Agreed

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
gergroy said:

Its the principal of the matter.  For once id like to see them admit to being wrong.  Ive literally seen them sweep things under the rug to save face.  I wont mention the user but there was originally a user banned for 14 days, a ban that shouldnt have happened.  People disagreed with it including me.  That ban was lifted after so many days and then stated in this thread that the ban was always 7 days (or something like that) when it wasnt.  That user sent me a PM telling me thanks after they lifted the ban and told me that they had lifted it and he was not going to say anything about it, which is the only reason i wont say who it was publicly.  The mods may or may not know who im talking about.  But for once id like to see the mods admit to a mistake instead of being dismissive and placing blame on others.

I have seen them admit mistakes before.  I will admit that is rare, but I actually think most of the time it is because they originally made the right call.  There have been a few moderations that I have questioned, but overall the moderation system on this site works just fine.  I think you focus too much on those very few questionable calls, remember, think positively!

Ehh.

Maybe a direct pm to Jay would have been a better solution, but at the end of the day it is only a warning. This is really no biggie. I dont understand why this, of all issues over the last few Months, has gained so much attention.

Carl2291 said:
Ehh.

Maybe a direct pm to Jay would have been a better solution, but at the end of the day it is only a warning. This is really no biggie. I dont understand why this, of all issues over the last few Months, has gained so much attention.

It really seemed like a misunderstanding of the use of the word troll to me, on both sides.  But it was just a warning so whatever...

Hi everyone, I just want to take a moment to introduce myself in this thread.

My handle is Veknoid_Outcast, I'm 31, and I live on the east coast of the United States. I work in international education, I have a rescue cat named Oswald, and I just got married in May

VGChartz hosts a great community, and I'm proud to be a part of it. I look forward to serving as your moderator.

If anyone ever has a question or concern about my decisions, please don't hesitate to contact me, preferably by PM.

I suppose I'll give my introduction too

I'm Leadified, you could also call me Blue. I'm a 19 year old university student from Ontario, Canada. It's an honour to be able to serve as a moderator. Like Veknoid said, feel free to contact me over questions and concerns.