By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The Mod Team: Questions, Comments, Concerns? Ask Here!

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
We're having reforms?

#AlwaysTheLastToKnow

First i thought we had civil war, now we have some sort of revolutionary coordinating committee.

Actually I believe I am the last to know. They always make the big decisions over my night, so I cannot scream "I OBJECT."

Anyway, this all smells remarkably like a coup...

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

banneduserinquiry said:

Truckosaurus banned me for 10 days. The last time i was banned I emailed the mod team on the listed email for when you have an issue with a ban and want to contact. I got no reply so this time instead of waiting for the 10 days to be up i made this user so i can actually get a reply. 

I posted in the thread called - "What's Up With The Loser Mentality for XBO (Coming from a sports player)" 

The opening post said:

What's up with Xbox Fans Loser Mentality?

I played competitive sports at a high level (region 5A Georgia) and moterately high level (D-2 in college).  If we were losing ALL YEAR and beat a Sorry Team Once or Twice, we WERE NOT HAPPY AND CLAPPING HANDS AND BRAGGING after those games.

So why are XBO fans so happy about the potential to win Nov and Dec, and then get markedly outsold again next year until November, December?  And not only that, I doubt it will win worldwide ANY WEEK? So winning US is now like winning a championship (being overall sells leader)?

My coach called that a loser mentality.  I agreed and still believe that today. By the way since Destiny won't be interesting again until Dec. 9th and Driveclub has issues I play my XBO MUCH MORE than my PS4 at the moment so don't dare call me a fan boy.  During the recent by 2 get 1 deal at target I got 6 xbox games. My gamer tag is PoonieG4 for those interested.  This is my first Xbox and i love it.

My reply to the thread was: 

Born losers tend to celebrate small gains. Xbox was last. 360 was last and now their small gain is beating the Wii U to finish the gen is second place. SO they celebrate their small gain.

~ Mod Edit ~

This user was moderated by TruckOSaurus. "Branding people who celebrate the Xbox's gains as born losers is certainly not acceptable.)" ~ TruckOSaurus

The opening post can say xbox fans have a loser mentality, basically calling them losers because they are not used to winning. No ban for him. 

But I have the cheek to say the xbox console has always been one of the losers so they (as in the xbox brand) celebrates it's small gains. Nowehere did I say xbox fans and if I meant that I would have said it. But no, Kowenicki reports me because that fact really annoys him (not hard to annoy him) and what do I get? A 10 day ban. 

Seriously i don't know what some peoples problems are but some people on this sight have serious double standards. If the other mods see this please do the right thing and over rule truck's very harsh decision. 

PS. Start checking the email you set up for banned user to reply with issues and people like me wouldn't have to set up an account for this. Thank you. 

EDIT: just to make it clear - I was clearly talking about the Xbox when I said born losers. Unless every Xbox fan was born the day the Xbox fan came out of course. Which I doubt. 

Given your recent history, you can understand that we might interpret the "born losers" bit less than charitably.

The OP caught a bit of heat for his poor choice of words, although with his lighter history he gets more of the benefit of the doubt. You following his poor choice of words with more history against you, got the hammer.

Now, we could make the case that his thread should be shut down and he moderated too, but i haven't seen that.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:

Given your recent history, you can understand that we might interpret the "born losers" bit less than charitably.

The OP caught a bit of heat for his poor choice of words, although with his lighter history he gets more of the benefit of the doubt. You following his poor choice of words with more history against you, got the hammer.

Now, we could make the case that his thread should be shut down and he moderated too, but i haven't seen that.

I would think that is a pretty obvious thread lock there... I mean, he is saying all the xbox fans celebrating have a loser mentality, seems like a pretty clear flamebait to me...

banneduserinquiry said:

Truckosaurus banned me for 10 days. The last time i was banned I emailed the mod team on the listed email for when you have an issue with a ban and want to contact. I got no reply so this time instead of waiting for the 10 days to be up i made this user so i can actually get a reply. 

well, since Mr Khan ignored this part *glares at Mr. Khan*

I guess I will adress it.

If you are using the email listed in the forum rules, it is a dead email.  ioi actually needs to get on and make some changes to that page... but since that would require him actually visiting the site... that doesn't seem like it will happen anytime soon.  

So your options for when you get banned are to make an alt like you have done.  You can post here or if you want to get to the big boss, you can pm smeags.  Axum had an email that you could use, but since he isn't head mod anymore that would also be pointless...

@smeags you got an email that people like kerotan here can contact you when they are banned?

Around the Network
gergroy said:
banneduserinquiry said:

If you are using the email listed in the forum rules, it is a dead email.  ioi actually needs to get on and make some changes to that page... but since that would require him actually visiting the site... that doesn't seem like it will happen anytime soon.  

So your options for when you get banned are to make an alt like you have done.  You can post here or if you want to get to the big boss, you can pm smeags.  Axum had an email that you could use, but since he isn't head mod anymore that would also be pointless...

@smeags you got an email that people like kerotan here can contact you when they are banned?

Yeah I PM'd him with this information. I've a good few contact addresses for Smeags and indeed the majority of the rest of the mod team, but I doubt they'd like that information shared without consent!

But yes, that information does need updating. People are always welcome to contact me ofcourse outside of the site as many do. 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
gergroy said:

Yeah I PM'd him with this information. I've a good few contact addresses for Smeags and indeed the majority of the rest of the mod team, but I doubt they'd like that information shared without consent!

But yes, that information does need updating. People are always welcome to contact me ofcourse outside of the site as many do. 

yeah, honestly the mods should make an email for that purpose that they can all access so that when the head mod does step down, the email is no longer useless.  

Ka-pi96 said:
gergroy said:

yeah, honestly the mods should make an email for that purpose that they can all access so that when the head mod does step down, the email is no longer useless.  

That's fine and all, the issue is actually getting it listed on the site in place of the old one. Site updates aren't exactly frequent

well, they could post it in the op of this thread as a temporary measure until ioi gets around to doing something...

Smeags said:
So... as a surprise to no one, Kantor has been MIA ever since the torch was passed to him from AxumBlade (who is still with us, but no longer wanted to be the Head Mod). When Kantor was made Head Mod, he picked me as the Deputy Head (which is basically a consigliere to provide feedback and act whenever the Head cannot).

But the mod team has talked, and Kantor remains MIA (hope you're doing well bud, we miss ya). So I'll be Head Mod, with TruckOSaurus as the Deputy Head Mod. Congrats to Truck, he's an amazing user and an amazing friend. The site is certainly better with him as a part of all this. ^_^

With that said... I do not have the powers of a Head Mod, so I can only accomplish so much (and only ioi can provide those... so... yeah... ). But there are certainly some changes coming, starting with Mod Applications. Hopefully they'll begin next week, so look out for that. We're not only adding users that want to make this site the best it can be, but we're also making some changes within the mod team itself, from the top down.

Anyways, just wanted to let you all know what's happening from the inside. But be sure that this is all happening so that we can continue to make VGChartz an even better place to be.

I'm alive, honest!

But I picked you for a reason, and you have my full blessing going forwards

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

RolStoppable said:
Kantor said:

I'm alive, honest!

But I picked you for a reason, and you have my full blessing going forwards

Excuse me, but who are you?

Some dead man.

ASOIAF reference before you think I've gone all depressive.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective