By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The Mod Team: Questions, Comments, Concerns? Ask Here!

People disagreeing with me in here, I just want to say I will one day be a mod by hook or by crook and will remember all of you. You've been warned!!

EDIT: Mummelman i kinda agree with what you say. it does need to be nipped in the bud. 

EDIT #2: I see playstation_profit has been banned but i can't get on his profile. Can any tell me why or how i can do so. A link to it would be nice. It just goes to the VGC members list when i try. Just want to kow why he's banned. thanks

Around the Network
Kerotan said:

People disagreeing with me in here, I just want to say I will one day be a mod by hook or by crook and will remember all of you. You've been warned!!

EDIT: Mummelman i kinda agree with what you say. it does need to be nipped in the bud. 

EDIT #2: I see playstation_profit has been banned but i can't get on his profile. Can any tell me why or how i can do so. A link to it would be nice. It just goes to the VGC members list when i try. Just want to kow why he's banned. thanks

His profile is private so only mods can see his ban reason.

"Flaming (Did you read the OP? "If you are a fanboy  or have an agenda of a certain console, why are you a mod on this site?" is more or less the opposite of what we want from this thread. Cool off and reconsider your tone on these boards if you want to stay and don't underline our policy of being harder on new users; it weakens your plights considerably.) ~ Mummelmann " http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6821518

Seeing as some of you guys are already discussing this topic, I thought I'd share my 2 cents...

Simply put, this site needs a complete code overhaul.
What I really like about this site is the fact that the forum interface is pretty pleasant compared to oh say, NeoGAF or IGN or basic forums, not to mention the unique features, but here lies the problem (or rather, problems):
The site is a broken mess. We have crazy ads that jump all over the place, there's no mobile version for easy access on phones, the badge system is broken and only updates randomly once every year or so, the point system is useless, The average user can't see the ban reason for a banned user whom set their profile to private, search feature is broken, replies to locked threads is possible even though it's not allowed, countless forum board glitches like Section 8 or whatever, lack of IP banning or other basic alt prevention features, inconsistent moderations, broken database, lack of gif avatars, etc.

Hire a new HTML coder for God's sake.

MohammadBadir said:
Seeing as some of you guys are already discussing this topic, I thought I'd share my 2 cents...

What I really like about this site is the fact that the forum interface is pretty pleasant compared to oh say, NeoGAF or IGN or basic forums, not to mention the unique features, but here lies the problem (or rather, problems):
The site is a broken mess. We have crazy ads that jump all over the place, there's no mobile version for easy access on phones, the badge system is broken and only updates randomly once every year or so, the point system is useless, The average user can't see the ban reason for a banned user whom set their profile to private, search feature is broken, replies to locked threads is possible even though it's not allowed, countless forum board glitches like Section 8 or whatever, lack of IP banning or other basic alt prevention features, inconsistent moderations, broken database, lack of gif avatars, etc.

All of that other than the part on moderation is completely out of our hands.

As I said before here, we have no real/ consistant leadership with a broken rule set and an honestly poor mod "team". With time, hopefully, the majority of problems will be no more.

Carl2291 said:
MohammadBadir said:

As I said before here, we have no real/ consistant leadership with a broken rule set and an honestly poor mod "team". With time, hopefully, the majority of problems will be no more.

Oooh please elaborate, either here or PM :P

I'm assuming you mean absence?

Around the Network
Seece said:
Carl2291 said:

Mostly he means Smeags.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Seece said:
Carl2291 said:
MohammadBadir said:

I second this request for an elaboration. 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

@ Starcraft - Oh right?

@ Cone - He probably isn't comfortable talking with other mods about his opinions on the matter, I imagine there has to be some circles of friends within the mod team??

Seece said:
@ Starcraft - Oh right?

@ Cone - He probably isn't comfortable talking with other mods about his opinions on the matter, I imagine there has to be some circles of friends within the mod team??

No, that was a joke

Probably. I am mostly excluded by timezones personally, more than anything else.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Seece said:
@ Starcraft - Oh right?

Well it's posted in a forum where everyone can see it; one where most moderators check the posts; so that seems unlikely. 

As for "circles of friends", I dunno. I get along with all the mods. Some more than other, yes, namely because those are the ones who are most active in the mod chat. But at no point have I felt that there's been any sort of victimization/exclusion from a certain group as it were. Not sure if that answers your question really

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.