By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The Mod Team: Questions, Comments, Concerns? Ask Here!

gergroy said:
Kerotan said:
Seece said:
Kerotan said:
Lads my last ban was a joke. Some guy clearly talking like a 2 year old to get attention and point it out and get 8 days in the locker for it.

Mod comment was I could have worded it better. So basically I get 8 days for not pointing out clear trolling better yet the toll gets nothing.

You're not allowed to call anyone a troll.

i didn't call anyone a troll. 

No, but you did call their posts childish drivel, which is pretty clearly flaming.  If you look back in this thread, Todd has been talked about here by the mods and was in fact banned around the same time.  He is most likely a fake persona who is probably trolling and baiting.

Anyway, you fell for the bait and flamed.  The moderation makes sense.  Next time you see a post like that, don't reply. Report and move on.  They will get moderated for baiting.

I don't know. Since todd got back, i'm leaning towards the "honest fan who's just a little too earnest" line myself

(he's gone for another week).

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
gergroy said:
Kerotan said:
Seece said:
Kerotan said:
Lads my last ban was a joke. Some guy clearly talking like a 2 year old to get attention and point it out and get 8 days in the locker for it.

Mod comment was I could have worded it better. So basically I get 8 days for not pointing out clear trolling better yet the toll gets nothing.

You're not allowed to call anyone a troll.

i didn't call anyone a troll. 

No, but you did call their posts childish drivel, which is pretty clearly flaming.  If you look back in this thread, Todd has been talked about here by the mods and was in fact banned around the same time.  He is most likely a fake persona who is probably trolling and baiting.

Anyway, you fell for the bait and flamed.  The moderation makes sense.  Next time you see a post like that, don't reply. Report and move on.  They will get moderated for baiting.

i did report him for diff posts and nothing happened. He was banned for some other posts i never seen. My point is if they're gonna ban me for pointing out the obvious they need to ban him for it too. It's a disgrace i get banned for getting annoyed with the forum going to shit. 

Kerotan said:
gergroy said:

i did report him for diff posts and nothing happened. He was banned for some other posts i never seen. My point is if they're gonna ban me for pointing out the obvious they need to ban him for it too. It's a disgrace i get banned for getting annoyed with the forum going to shit. 

Well, it doesn't help the forums at all if you get annoyed. Like I said, report and move on. If nothing happens then nothing happens.  Sometimes these posts are questionable or it only warrants a pm'd warning and not an official moderation.  Whatever the case, it is best not to directly respond if you can't help but get annoyed with them.

RolStoppable said:
gergroy said:

Well, it doesn't help the forums at all if you get annoyed. Like I said, report and move on. If nothing happens then nothing happens.  Sometimes these posts are questionable or it only warrants a pm'd warning and not an official moderation.  Whatever the case, it is best not to directly respond if you can't help but get annoyed with them.

Which reminds me... I did report you yesterday, but apparently nothing happened.

Lol, I almost reported myself as a joke too

kirby007 said:
carl is my favourite mod right now

Thanks!

Kerotan said:

Lads my last ban was a joke. Some guy clearly talking like a 2 year old to get attention and i point it out and get 8 days in the locker for it.

Mod comment was I could have worded it better. So basically I get 8 days for pointing out clear trolling,  yet the toll gets nothing.

You were banned for 5 days, not 8. The 5 days worth will have been because of your 3 previous Flaming moderations prior to this one.

Regarding the ban, Ill link to the post. You said it was "childish drivel", which Im gonna go ahead and assume that Conegamer saw it as attacking toastboy and todd2r. I feel sorry for you here, because what they were doing was childish and OTT (it eventually saw todd2r get banned for it). This is in the same camp as getting moderated for calling a troll a troll, after they were banned for trolling.

Its best to ignore posts like that and/or just report them.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:

You were banned for 5 days, not 8. The 5 days worth will have been because of your 3 previous Flaming moderations prior to this one.

Regarding the ban, Ill link to the post. You said it was "childish drivel", which Im gonna go ahead and assume that Conegamer saw it as attacking toastboy and todd2r. I feel sorry for you here, because what they were doing was childish and OTT (it eventually saw todd2r get banned for it). This is in the same camp as getting moderated for calling a troll a troll, after they were banned for trolling.

Its best to ignore posts like that and/or just report them.

thanks for the reply.

todd2r was who i was replying to. He obviously sees the attention toastboy gets for being a funny xbox fan and wants a slice of the cake. The problem for me it gets tiresome when you have more than 1 toastboy. Especially when todd2r isn't funny and as i said childish. 

It wasn't an attack on him just a fair description but if that's not allowed i will have to learn from it and try and hold back in future.

Ka-pi96 said:
So what's with necrobumping threads? Sometimes people get moderated for it and the thread locked, while other times... nothing?

That depends. Do you have a particular example which you're referring to?

Way I see it is if the thread is bumped for a legitimate reason (to revisit a prediction, an update etc) then fine; but if it's for no real (to laugh, to get the thread going again with no reason) then it's a lock and a moderation. However, I often air on the side of caution and would prefer a more blanket rule.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Ka-pi96 said:
Conegamer said:
Ka-pi96 said:
So what's with necrobumping threads? Sometimes people get moderated for it and the thread locked, while other times... nothing?

Way I see it is if the thread is bumped for a legitimate reason (to revisit a prediction, an update etc) then fine; but if it's for no real (to laugh, to get the thread going again with no reason) then it's a lock and a moderation. However, I often air on the side of caution and would prefer a more blanket rule.

Coney! You reply as I'm editing in examples

Anyways, here are the examples.

necroed about a month ago, got locked and moderated http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=32955
necroed recently, and is still going http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=147603

Hmm good point. Drake's post really should have been moderated and the thread locked; but it seems to have developed into it's own thing so we'll let it go. In future just report said bumps and the thread will be locked.

Conegamer said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Pretty much. I don't think we need a blanket rule though because it's not something that comes up that often or has generated controversy.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
Conegamer said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Pretty much. I don't think we need a blanket rule though because it's not something that comes up that often or has generated controversy.

Well moreso it would be nice to have something about it in the ruleset; because I'm pretty sure there isn't anything in there right now. Mainly so people know what is and isn't acceptable in this regard to mitigate bias.